Silver Sprout

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Astringent, Bitter, Chestnut, Dust, Hay, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From Adagio Teas

Fine twisted young leaf that resembles a chun mee style but interspersed with silvery down covered buds. The aroma is quietly floral but gives way to a smokiness, reminiscent of a gunpowder but not nearly as bold. The cup is light, yet smoky with a semi buttery mouthfeel. In the finish a dry white grape note, and lingering smoke.

Steep at 180° for 3 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

Sipdown madness continues. I leave for New Zealand in 57 hours!!!!!

how many left to go? 1 per hour? 3 per hour?

Tasting #1 – Steep Time 2 Minutes
There is an astringent aroma, which is always concerning when it comes to tea. The flavor is very mild, I want to call it musty but its musty before it gets musty. Maybe dusty?

Tasting #2 – Steep Time 4 Minutes
Now I know its the smell of chestnuts that make me weary of this tea. I’m so glad chestnuts aren’t part of my holiday ritual because I think everything about it is gross.

Tasting #3 – Steep Time 6 Minutes
There is a very mild sweetness to the aroma, and the flavor is still astringent but the weird chestnut thing is gone. Overall the tea is pretty mediocre and I find that I have very little love for it.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Chestnut, Dust, Hay, Sweet

I didn’t taste much flavor in this one. Very light tasting.