Happy Belly

Herbal Pu-erh Blend
Aniseed, Chicory, Ginger Root, Green Rooibos, Licorice Root, Orange Peels, Pu Erh Tea
Anise, Orange Zest, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by SaturnineScribe

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

blended with senna leaf, licorice root, green rooibos tea, orange peels, chicory, aniseed, slippery elm, pu erh poe tea & ginger root

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

In the cup: Warm, woody, almost sandalwood like smell.
Tasting: The aniseed, licorice root, and what I think may be chicory (I’ve never had it alone, only read descriptions of the taste!) are the most prominent. After, some of the rooibos comes through, and the finish almost tastes like a minty, almondy flavor which is not nearly as unpleasant as it may sound!

I avoid Pu erh teas like the plague, normally, but given my great many gastro problems, I wanted to give this a shot. I’m very glad I did! It may taste a little strange, but it does manage to calm down my stomach and angry insides on terrible days, and while the flavor is a little more savory and woody than I’m used to, it isn’t unpleasant. Just takes some getting used to.

TL;DR: Warm, woody, reminds me of tea infused with irish whiskey.

Flavors: Anise, Orange Zest, Wood