Doctor Who - Five

Almond, Caramel, Ceylon Black Tea, Cream Flavoring
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

• “Imagine what you think the most delicious beige could taste like: that's Five tea. (Beige is a flavour now, shh) I should confess that most of my favourite flavours are in the beige spectrum, and...” Read full tasting note
    whatthefoucault 186 tasting notes
  • “This was part of a small adagio order that I made shortly after they began offering sane shipping fees to Canada. The first tones I get are the cream and almond. The almond is slightly amaretto...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 378 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Cricket. The Fifth Doctor seems at first gentle and restrained, but is no stranger to a little sass and gosh damn, he gets stuff done. Tends to hang out with several sexy companions all at once. Appropriately beige in nature, caramel is accompanied here by its good friends almond and cream.

About Adagio Teas View company

Imagine what you think the most delicious beige could taste like: that’s Five tea.

(Beige is a flavour now, shh)

I should confess that most of my favourite flavours are in the beige spectrum, and as such, I knew instantly that I was going to fall in love with this one. The first thing that hits you out of the bag is almond, which slowly gives way to the sweet aroma of creamy caramel. The tea itself is bright, sweet, and comforting, with a silky caramel finish. Not surprisingly, I take mine with milk and sugar, and it’s heavenly: sweet, but not cloying, subtle, but decidedly present, with underlying strength. Tastes just like running your hands through Five’s soft blonde duckfluff feels.

__Morgana__

Heh. I like beige as a flavor.

Sami Kelsh

It’s my favourite. :3

The first tones I get are the cream and almond. The almond is slightly amaretto like and something cherry like. The cream actually has tones that remind me of milk. I think the caramel is there but it kind of supports the other notes with a burnt sugar note.

The base tea is fruity and slightly bitter with malt tones and a hint of coffee like tones. It’s not too bad but tastes a little rough compared to the teas I’ve been drinking lately.

I do really like the flavour though. I love cherry notes in teas, and it melds well with the others.

Does this represent the fifth doctor? I can’t say. I haven’t bothered with cable TV in a long time and I haven’t watched it online. I should though. I really liked Dr Who as a kid when they showed it on TVO. The Dr then had really curly dark hair. I think I may have seen one or two of the new episodes.

Having said that I can see why you enjoy this Sami, and it is well thought out!

Sami Kelsh

Heehee, I can’t believe I only just noticed this note! I’m obviously biased, but if you need any recommendations on Doctor Who to watch, I’m your man! ;)