Doctor Who - Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

Black Fruit Blend
Apple Pieces, Caramel, Ceylon Sonata, Chocolate, Marigold Petals, Passionfruit, Pineapple, Strawberry, Vanilla
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

From Adagio Teas

He’s fierce, he’s charming, and he has the best moustache in all of the universe. The Brigadier gets stuff done. This blend combines ceylon tea with rich, sexy caramel and chocolate, and a touch of flirty passion fruit.

About Adagio Teas View company

PLEASE NOTE: one of the flavours in this tea has been discontinued, so it’s recently been reformulated with elements to best approximate the original flavour profile, but I bought mine when the original was still available, so it’s probably slightly different now to the tea I’m reviewing here. Still:

Where do I begin to describe the Brigadier? The fragrance of the tea leaves is rich and complex, and sort of hits you in stages: first, the honeyed sweetness of the fruit, which is then underscored by a layer of rich chocolate, followed a lingering trace of caramel that mostly hits you about a minute later. When brewed, the flavours come together perfectly. Chocolate floats over brisk, slightly fruity black tea with a caramel finish and it’s all surprisingly harmonious. It works really well with milk and sugar. It’s bright and comforting all at once. I think it’s single-handedly diffused the social anxiety attack I was having earlier.

Also, one of the lads at my regular comedy night has officially told me I can add baker to my CV, as I bring experimental cakes to share with the guests and punters every week. Somebody tweeted about how good tonight’s cake was! beams with pride

keychange

Can I just say a huge thumbs up to your milk and sugarism? there aren’t enough of us on these here boards!

Sami Kelsh

Milk and sugar, yes! There are some teas I definitely prefer plain, but I am very much a fan of milk and sugar. I think it enhances the experience of a lot of teas for me!

keychange