Doctor Who - Barbara Wright

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

Redolent with the aromas of chocolate, almond, and a touch of cinnamon, inspired by Mexican chocolate. You know, since Barbara was an Aztec god that one time.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Brave, warm, brilliant Barbara. This is one of the most comforting things I’ve ever had, at all, in the world. The dried leaves are heavy with a rich, inviting fragrance highly reminiscent of marzipan and dark chocolate. Brewing it brings the chocolate further forward, and just a whisper of cinnamon makes itself known, all without ever forgetting that there’s lovely Assam in there. A bold, well-balanced, level-headed brew with a warm heart. It really is glorious.

The flavour combination makes me so happy that this tea inspired the brownies I baked for this week’s XS Malarkey comedy club, and they were declared one of the best things I’ve ever baked. That comedy club is such a lovely little ego boost, I tell you.