Doctor Who - Sergeant Benton

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

Cool under pressure, but warm as an affectionate puppy, Sergeant Benton is impossible not to love. Likewise, this tea combines warm chocolate with cool peppermint, and the hint of a smouldering plume of gunsmoke.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I have a job interview tomorrow, which should excite me more than it does, but I’m a jumble of feelings at the moment, and if I’m honest, I’m slightly disappointed in, I dunno, the economy or whatever people keep telling me is the reason nobody wants to hire me for anything better than two-days-a-week retail. So I need fortifying bravery teas.

Thus: Benton, you darling, precious puppydog. The scent of this tea is absolutely charming, all dark chocolate and sweet top notes of peppermint, with the gentlest background note of smoky richness, and a lingering soft chocolate finish that stays on the nose a few moments even after you’ve closed the bag. The flavour is very much the same: the lapsang is a background note, serving mainly to compliment the other flavours, which are both strong enough to stand up to the smoke instead of being buried under it. It tastes very much like peppermint chocolates, but it’s a dark chocolate here, not cloying – at least 70% cocoa. Sweet and comforting, while remaining decidedly brave. An absolute darling of a brew.

Nattie

Good luck on your interview!

Sami Kelsh