Doctor Who - Sarah Jane Smith

Black Chai Rooibos Blend
Black Tea, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Orange Peel, Rooibos, Vanilla
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

From Adagio Teas

Even the pluckiest of adventuring journalistas need something properly comforting at the end of a long day of being attacked by giant spiders or Sontarans or even just trying not to trip over your best friend’s scarf. This blend combines bright ceylon tea with warm spice, and a bit of sweet rooibos and vanilla for good measure. Just the thing after a day of solving mysteries, whether you’re in south Croydon or on the planet Skaro.

About Adagio Teas View company

I wasn’t sure whether to put this note under this tea, or Irish Breakfast, as I was craving something with a bit of caffeine but not full-on, as my head hurts and I’m a bit sad, and also not totally plain, so I split half Sarah Jane and half Irish Breakfast in this cuppa.

And it’s good. It’s a more gentle spice than Sarah Jane on her own, which suits my mood perfectly, but it’s still lovely and cinnamon and ginger and rich and delightful.

Turns out my phone plan ran out of credit last night, and I didn’t realize until mid-morning. Which wouldn’t be a huge deal except that Gentleman had been texting from the airport before flying from Melbourne to Tokyo, and I missed getting to be with him in the airport (at least via text). I just thought there wasn’t free wifi and that’s why I hadn’t heard from him, and it turns out he’d been texting me all kinds of updates about how much he misses me and just thought I was having a lie-in. I miss him a lot. My heart hurts.

Tea helps. Stupid emotions. I think I aggravated my sinuses with that 15 minutes of sobbing, and now my voice is shot, so so much for recording a few podcasts tonight. Yippee! Bring on the tea!

carol who

Sarah Jane… my absolutely favorite companion!

Sami Kelsh

I cosplayed as Sarah Jane from Planet Of The Spiders last month. It was AWESOME. I was speaking on a panel about classic female companions next to Paul Cornell, so I felt I needed to channel some of that adventurous journalista energy.

carol who