Doctor Who - Cyberman

Black Rooibos Blend
Bergamot, Blueberry, Ceylon Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Lemongrass, Marigold Petals, Natural Lemon Flavor, Orange Peel, Raspberry Leaves, Rooibos, Vanilla
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

Cybermen may have no use for things like feelings, but they sure brew up a delightful cuppa. The Cybermen are represented here by the grey and blue of Earl Grey and blueberry black tea, flanked by warm golden lemon, for safety. Decaf, of course, because caffeination is not relevant to the Cyber race.

DISCLAIMER: This tea will not turn you into a Cyberman.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

My favourite Cyberman voice is still the voice they had in The Tenth Planet, and later in the audio Spare Parts (which, if you haven’t listened to it, GO LISTEN TO IT. Like, I don’t care if you’ve never heard of Doctor Who. Go get Spare Parts. It’s really good.) Also, I’m drinking decaf this eve because I sort of have to try and be awake at normal times next week.

Mind you, I’m all discombobulated anyway because Gentleman’s on the other side of the world and texts to say good morning when I’m getting ready for bed, and wakes me up in the morning when he texts to say goodnight. It’s whack, but MAN am I glad we didn’t meet in the 90s, when we’d be racking up massive phone bills just to say we love each other every day.

God, we’re so gross. I love him. I’m like the opposite of a Cyberman. It’s like the people of Mondas all downloaded their feelings into me. I am a blob of emotions. I guess I should actually talk about the tea.

I don’t suppose Cybermen care about things like tea. This is an awful shame because this is a wonderfully luscious cuppa. The scent is very Earl Grey-forward: I was hit immediately with an invasion of powerful bergamot, but it was followed at the very end by just a suggestion of something sweet. It is balanced and mellowed when brewed, the blueberry’s sweet presence underscoring the brisk Earl Grey. The lemon cloud contributes more gentle sweet softness than flavour. plus, that little bit of gold in there will keep the Cybermen at bay. It’s perfect with two spoonfuls of sugar, and just the sort of thing to wind down with after a long day of invading Earth.