Doctor Who - Leela

Oolong Pu-erh Yerba maté Blend
Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut, Marigold Petals, Oolong, Pu Erh Tea, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

Pragmatic, brave, and loyal, Leela is a smart cookie, all right. She may not be technologically advanced, but she’s fierce and resourceful, and possessed of infinite curiosity. As such, this blend combines earthy pu erh with rich mocha and good ol’ vanilla, the drink of choice after a hard day’s protecting the Doctor (or attempting to work a yo-yo).

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I am having such a pu erh day. Ohh baby. I also just finished baking a buttload of vegan muesli cookies for comedy night and I’m having emotional lady trouble and SO HELP ME IF ALL OF THE GUESTS AND PEOPLE ARE ON DIETS AND DON’T EAT THEM I WILL CRY because I bake for the same reason that comedians do comedy: for approval and love. Apparently the bank phoned me back in Canada and it’s probably because I’ve been avoiding looking at my account for like a month because I know I have no money and no job and I’m really scared. I need Leela strength.

Leela is a force to be reckoned with. The tea leaves even look magnificent, so many different shapes and shades of brown make it somehow one of the most aesthetically pleasing blends I’ve seen. Their scent is rich: roasty, earthy, nutty, and subtly sweet. The flavour is earthy and smooth, the oolong blending beautifully with the depth of the pu erh and the mate bringing a sweet, nutty finish. If there ever was a recipe for strength and bravery, this is it.

carol who

Leela the tea sounds good; just like the character. Well, that is the point. ;D For once I’m not going to complain about you having all the DW teas. I finally got the mini-sampler packs of DW and Firefly teas that Adagio just had on sale. Yipee! Yipee! Yipee! Yipee! I can’t have any tonight because it looks like they all have caffeine :( But tomorrow will be an exciting and highly caffeinated day!

Sami Kelsh

Leela is joyous. As is Lou Jameson herself. I need to get a bag of this to her at some point ;)

Oh SAMPLERS. The little tins! If I had any justifiable reason to buy more tea, and an income…