Doctor Who - Adric

Green Tea
Apple Pieces, Apricot, Green Tea, Hibiscus, Marigold Petals, Raspberry Leaves, Strawberry
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

Adric is a weird kid. Can I say that? He really is. He’s smart, granted, but he’s also pretty green. As such, this blend combines green tea with the refreshing flavours of artichoke, rhubarb, and apricot. Like that snotty little brat himself, this brew pairs well with food.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Good ol’ Adric. The saddest thing about his departure, to me, isn’t so much that he was a totally awesome dude, but that he was young enough to have so much potential to have matured into an awesome grown-up and he never got the chance to. That’s the tragedy.

I might be a touch biased about Adric because one of my very dearest friends, as a fresh-faced youngster, was the dude who wrote Adric’s introductory serial, so I think it’s fair to say my soft spot for Adric stems at least in part from the fact that he always makes me think of lovely Andrew, who’s been such a supportive presence for me since we met. And what a talented fellow he is, too. Do check out the latest audio drama he’s done for Big Finish. It’s intense.

But I digress, as this isn’t meant to be a review of the amazing friends I’m blessed with knowing (though I could gush for ages because I AM BLESSED WITH SOME OF THE MOST AMAZING FRIENDS) so I suppose I should say something about Adric blend tea and why I love it so.

I’ve said it before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again: Adric is a snotty little brat, but I still kind of love him. You might think the combination of flavours seems a tad off-putting, but in reality, the blend is redolent with fragrant summer fruit, like a bumper crop of peaches and rhubarb ripening in the garden. They’re definitely not quite ripe yet, though, as the flavour that hits you immediately on first sip can be best described simply as green. It’s not terribly grassy though, or particularly vegetal either; rather, it’s reminiscent of that green, slightly dry astringency of a peach that’s quite pale and still crunchy. A decided sweetness follows closely, however, and is enhanced by a little sugar. At times, the interplay of flavours seems almost as complex as Fermat’s last theorem: it is brisk, tart, fragrant, and thoroughly engaging. This is a tea that definitely seems a bit odd at first, but very quickly grows on you.