Doctor Who - Ben and Polly

Assam Black Tea, Blackberry, Blackberry Leaves, Ceylon Black Tea, Chocolate, Cocoa Nibs, Dark Chocolate, Orange Peel
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

Ben Jackson and Polly Wright. It’s hard to picture one without the other: pragmatic, skeptical Ben and playful, confident Polly, the sailor and the duchess. Somehow they just seem to belong together. Here, blackberry and chocolate banter amiably over a practical breakfast base for a fab brew that’s not afraid to have fun, but serious when the situation demands, and won’t ever let you down.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Poor Ben and Polly. They’d for sure get more love and attention than they do if so many of their episodes weren’t still missing. I’d give my good leg for Power Of The Daleks, or The Highlanders, or The Smugglers, or the rest of The Faceless Ones. Oh man. They’re just so much fun. And Anneke Wills is sweet, and they need to get her on more DVD commentaries.

(Fun fact: I quite desperately want to be involved in a production at some point such that I’m asked to be part of the commentary. Or, hell, just let me be the moderator on a DVD commentary for something I haven’t been in, but that’s really old and I know lots about, so I can chat to the commentators, who probably don’t remember squat about having made this thing because the 1970s is all a blur to them now. This is my dream job. At least two of my very dear friends have done this and I SEETHE WITH MILD JEALOUSY AND QUIET ADMIRATION. SEETHING ADMIRATION. But I digress. I’m drinking tea.)

If it’s possible for a tea to be cute, then Ben and Polly blend definitely fits the bill. The scent is precisely that of chocolate-covered berries: rich and sweet, but not cloying or overpowering. The result is a solid, assertive brew possessed of a lovely bright berry sweetness surrounded by smooth cocoa, finishing on a lovely note of balanced black tea. It’s well balanced and level-headed, but there’s definitely an interplay of flavours that’s quite a bit of fun. Indulgent without being overwhelmingly so, the flavours are as perfect together as the blend’s namesakes. It’s a fab brew, all right!

carol who

Ben and Polly! You are right, way too few episodes. And the tea sounds good, too. :D

Sami Kelsh

It’s a nice flavour combo, sweet but not too sweet and a nice weight to it.

I keep hoping that more missing episodes will turn up (though the animations are a fabulous substitute in the meantime) but, having a friend who works on the restoration team, I also have a primary source who can attest to all the crazy “they’ve secretly found all of the episodes” rumours are unsubstantiated bunk. Sadfaces.