Doctor Who - Braxiatel

Black Chai Oolong Blend
Almond, Assam Black Tea, Cardamom Pods, Ceylon Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger, Oolong Tea
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

Lovely Braxiatel, possessed of somewhat enigmatic morals and looks awfully dashing in a suit, collector of art and secrets, and well-intentioned – mostly. An intriguing character, to be sure, and infinitely complicated. A sophisticated blend of strong breakfast tea with warm spice and almond oolong, Brax goes down smooth, with just a whisper of ambition.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Is there anything funner than wrestling with your wifi in the morning? I don’t think there is. Like wow, so when I run out of bandwidth and go to the Three website to top up for another month, it all works fine until it goes to process my card payment, which has to be redirected through the verified by visa page, which won’t load if you’re out of bandwidth. Well played, Three. I think I spent a good hour refreshing the top-up page before caving and buying a day’s worth of BT Wifi just to get the stupid payment page to load so I can have internet this month. facepalm

I am not a happy camper. Cheering myself with an old episode of Bake Off on iplayer and drinking a cuppa while I decide what to make for lunch out of my diminishing pantry.

Brax is smooth, lively, and comforting. The warm scent of clove and ginger is prominent on the nose, with a sweet undercurrent from the almond. The irish breakfast provides a solid base for the spices and almond, which shift between buzzy, energetic spice and light sweetness. A few sips in, the slight earthy-sweet of the oolong makes its presence felt for a moment. This is a complex tea. the longer you sit with it, the more delicious secrets it reveals to you. If only it would reveal the secret of how to renew my wifi data plan without the website being a little monster…