Doctor Who - Dalek

Black Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Black Tea, Cardamom Pods, Chestnut, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Orange Peel, Roasted Yerba Mate, Rooibos, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sami Kelsh

1 Tasting Note View all

From Adagio Teas

YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATEDWITH FLAVOUR! Redolent with the flavours of chestnuts roasting over the smouldering ruins of countless decimated planets who were powerless against the mighty Daleks, this blend tows the line between utterly terrifying and oddly cuddly.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

MASSIVE backlog from the weekend forthcoming! I’ll try and recall all my tasting notes as I post these, and try not to post them all at once (in part because I should really already be in bed, but whoops).

I mean, I went to Oxford and interviewed for job, and oh, it was so beautiful down there. It was a gorgeous day as well, sunny and warm, and I even saw a deer out by Boar’s Hill outside of town! A deer! You don’t see deer in Salford, that’s for sure. I think the interview went really well! But I’m getting ahead of myself, as this is what I chugged before dashing out the door for the train.

The scent out of the bag immediately puts me in mind of Christmas pudding, all warm spices and an almost sticky, figgy, sweetness, with that sort of maple note from the sweet chestnut. Do not be lulled into a false sense of security, however: beneath the Dalek’s cuddly exterior lies a dark and dangerous brew. That is to say, the tea’s sweetness is tempered when brewed by the spice, and the roasty flavours of the mate and the energetic, buzzy spice of the cinnamon. Don’t ever tell them it’s actually very warm and cozy though, as they may well exterminate you. Definitely don’t tell them it’s really nice added to a chestnut sponge cake batter and served with a garnish of dark chocolate Daleks. I may have done this at Christmas. It was awesome.

Now I’m going to pass out because my face still hurts from stress (even though it was SO lovely seeing Gentleman all weekend after being apart for nearly 4 weeks while he was with his family in Japan – oh yeah, he brought back a set of gorgeous little ceramic teacups for me, they’re so pretty!) so more on the crazy days of crazy as I continue to remember what I drank over the weekend.