White Strawberry

Rooibos White Blend
Apple Pieces, Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Hibiscus Flowers, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Rooibos, Rose Petals, Strawberry, White Tea
Cream, Strawberry, Fruity, Smoke
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “When I saw this described as a strawberry creme-saver, I knew I had to get some. Well, A++, exactly as described. When I opened the pouch, it was like POOF! Read full tasting note
    rubikscubefreak 16 tasting notes
  • “I fondly refer to this tea as the Frankenberry Cereal tea, because that’s what it smells and tastes like to me. I do find that I have to use a higher leaf-to-water ratio (2 heaping teaspoons...” Read full tasting note
    intellectualglitter 8 tasting notes
  • “I just picked this up from Adagio this afternoon, and couldn’t wait to try it. However, after following the brewing instructions on the package, I’m not really tasting a lot of fruit....” Read full tasting note
    JessLamarr 23 tasting notes
  • Overboard Traveling tea box I’ve learned that Adagio whites benefit from major overleafing, so I used 3 tsp for my 12oz mug. I’m getting a faint hint of strawberry...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 343 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

White tea from China with inherent melon notes makes a tasty base for this homage to the fabulous strawberry. Ever popular, strawberries can lift the spirit and please the palate. In this complex blend with strawberry overtones and a hint of vanilla, the Queen of Berries reigns supreme.

About Adagio Teas View company

When I saw this described as a strawberry creme-saver, I knew I had to get some. Well, A++, exactly as described. When I opened the pouch, it was like POOF! STRAWBERRY CREMESAVER IN YOUR FACE. It’s a very pretty blend, and Adagio’s image of it matched my sample pouch very well.

The tea steeps surprisingly dark for a white tea, though I’m guessing it’s mostly due to the inexplicable rooibos. Some of the strawberry smell is lost when it’s steeped, but it’s surprisingly present in the flavor. The cream is lost in the flavor, though. I think it’s overpowered by the bite (it’s a soft bite, but bite nonetheless) of the strawberry.

I would love to try this with real cream at some point in the future, but cream just isn’t something I stock regularly. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to buy some more.

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry

I fondly refer to this tea as the Frankenberry Cereal tea, because that’s what it smells and tastes like to me. I do find that I have to use a higher leaf-to-water ratio (2 heaping teaspoons to about 10 oz of water), but I can usually get 2 good infusions and a 3rd passable one. All in all, this tea is pretty fantastic, hot or iced.

Flavors: Fruity, Strawberry

I just picked this up from Adagio this afternoon, and couldn’t wait to try it. However, after following the brewing instructions on the package, I’m not really tasting a lot of fruit. Perhaps I’ll over steep it next time. This is the second flavored white tea from Adagio that I’ve tried and so far, I’m not too impressed!

Overboard Traveling tea box

I’ve learned that Adagio whites benefit from major overleafing, so I used 3 tsp for my 12oz mug. I’m getting a faint hint of strawberry which actually reminds me of their strawberry tisane. It’s not in your face, but it’s present. I’m not finding this as buttery as the other Adagio whites I’ve tried, which is a bit of a disappointment, but I think it’s the rooibos in it (not sure why they added that in to be honest). It’s ok, but it’s not on the to-buy list and I wouldn’t add it to an Adagio order.

I decided to add a tiny bit of sweetener which made the strawberry much more obvious, but it’s still lacking the kind of quality I’m used to with the whites from this brand – and they aren’t even the best out there! Anyway, drinkable, but not great.

This was finished by me.

Overboard TTB.

This tastes like strawberries and smoke. Looking at the ingredients, it does have Rooibos in it. I don’t quite understand why rooibos is so popular, and I really don’t understand what it’s supposed to add to a strawberry white tea. Why add a smokey flavor to that? It’s a mystery to me. Anyway, this is not bad, just not quite my cup of tea I don’t think.

Flavors: Smoke, Strawberry

I have thus far been unimpressed with Adagio’s white teas because they never seem to taste like what I want them to taste like…that could be MY problem, but it definitely makes me less keen on trying out more white teas from them. This just wasn’t very strawberry-ish. It’s very light. I tried it both hot and let it cool to room temp. Not much difference for me. The white tea is probably good on its own, but I wanted a strawberry white tea.

I really liked this iced best of all – it isn’t sour or tart, but has a very refreshing white tea taste with a present but not overwhelming strawberry flavor. The hint of vanilla is truly a hint, and just gives it a bit of sweetness