White Strawberry

Rooibos White Blend
Apple Pieces, Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Hibiscus Flowers, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Rooibos, Rose Petals, Strawberry, White Tea
Smoke, Strawberry
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Adagio Teas

White tea from China with inherent melon notes makes a tasty base for this homage to the fabulous strawberry. Ever popular, strawberries can lift the spirit and please the palate. In this complex blend with strawberry overtones and a hint of vanilla, the Queen of Berries reigns supreme.

About Adagio Teas View company

Overboard Traveling tea box

I’ve learned that Adagio whites benefit from major overleafing, so I used 3 tsp for my 12oz mug. I’m getting a faint hint of strawberry which actually reminds me of their strawberry tisane. It’s not in your face, but it’s present. I’m not finding this as buttery as the other Adagio whites I’ve tried, which is a bit of a disappointment, but I think it’s the rooibos in it (not sure why they added that in to be honest). It’s ok, but it’s not on the to-buy list and I wouldn’t add it to an Adagio order.

I decided to add a tiny bit of sweetener which made the strawberry much more obvious, but it’s still lacking the kind of quality I’m used to with the whites from this brand – and they aren’t even the best out there! Anyway, drinkable, but not great.

This was finished by me.

Overboard TTB.

This tastes like strawberries and smoke. Looking at the ingredients, it does have Rooibos in it. I don’t quite understand why rooibos is so popular, and I really don’t understand what it’s supposed to add to a strawberry white tea. Why add a smokey flavor to that? It’s a mystery to me. Anyway, this is not bad, just not quite my cup of tea I don’t think.

Flavors: Smoke, Strawberry

I have thus far been unimpressed with Adagio’s white teas because they never seem to taste like what I want them to taste like…that could be MY problem, but it definitely makes me less keen on trying out more white teas from them. This just wasn’t very strawberry-ish. It’s very light. I tried it both hot and let it cool to room temp. Not much difference for me. The white tea is probably good on its own, but I wanted a strawberry white tea.

I really liked this iced best of all – it isn’t sour or tart, but has a very refreshing white tea taste with a present but not overwhelming strawberry flavor. The hint of vanilla is truly a hint, and just gives it a bit of sweetness