Darjeeling #1

Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

• “I drank my usual 2 cups (ML B'Fast/Two Leaves Assam) then switched to this tea. I was reading and not paying attention to what I was drinking. Kinda like the impression I had of this tea. I will...” Read full tasting note
    Rikpa 20 tasting notes
  • “Wow. All I can say is wow. This "first flush" Darjeeling is a keeper. This tea makes me understand about all the hoopla about Darjeeling teas. With light liquor, this black tea has both floral and...” Read full tasting note
    lunalu 7 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Darjeeling region of India. Spring-time Darjeeling tea is famous for its lively ‘bite’ and an abundance of fresh flavor. This tea is a spirited embodiment of these qualities. The ‘Darjeeling Rhapsody no. 1’ is a highly aromatic first-flush (spring) clonal tea from the upper reaches (7000 feet above sea level) of the award-winning, certified organic Sungma estate.

About Adagio Teas View company

I drank my usual 2 cups (ML B’Fast/Two Leaves Assam) then switched to this tea. I was reading and not paying attention to what I was drinking. Kinda like the impression I had of this tea. I will give it another chance as the taste that crept ever so lightly into my awareness was a pleasant sweetness. Unfair to rate this at this time…I will do so when I give it my full attention.

Wow. All I can say is wow. This “first flush” Darjeeling is a keeper. This tea makes me understand about all the hoopla about Darjeeling teas. With light liquor, this black tea has both floral and lemony notes. Anyone wanting to have a good example of astringency in their tea should pick up this delicious variety. Highly recommended.