Darjeeling Puttabong Summer (#2)

Edit tea info Last updated by cody

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Darjeeling region of India. If you enjoy Darjeeling tea, you are sure to appreciate this ‘wonder.’ The ‘Darjeeling Rhapsody no. 2’ is a second-flush (summer) hand-made ‘wonder’ tea from the upper reaches (7000 feet above sea level) of the Gopaldhara estate. It is a gorgeous-looking clonal tea with a sublime taste to match.

About Adagio Teas View company

Oh, Adagio… changing all your musical names has really confused my delicate sensibilities when it comes to logging teas. (Also, Steepsters… I’ve been changing the names here. Hope you don’t mind.)

This is a pretty good Darjeeling. I still haven’t quite put my finger on that… Darjeeling-y taste, in order to describe it properly. But, it’s yummy just the same.

Geoffrey Norman

Darjeelings are supposed to have a “muscatel” taste to them. But to my terminology – or lack thereof – I prefer to call it “spicy-grape”.

Having this a year later, new batch of course. I must it was a bit more enjoyable this time so I have bumped my rating up from 67. Goes to show how important it is to try from different harvests.

This is my second last cup of this Darjeeling before I’ve run out, and I’m going to miss it so much when it’s gone. It’s the last of my Good Darjeelings. I’ve got plenty of an Okay Darjeeling, which will have to do.

But this one. THIS ONE. Not my absolute, absolute favourite, but lovely. Light body, sweet, characteristic Darjeeling-ness and nice and woodsy-fruity. Holds up well to milk and sugar, in spite of its lightness. My favourite Darjeeling is a bit fuller than this one, but this’ll do very, very nicely.

I’ll miss you, Good Darjeeling.

Backlogging. See previous notes.

Hm. I think I enjoy Darjeelings more when I think of them as oolongs rather than black, and in light of what I’ve read about them recently, that may not even be inaccurate! (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darjeeling_tea if you too are curious). Anyway – light body, amber color, spicy/fruity/muscatel(?) scent, and a really light floral taste. I think if I’d brewed this any longer it would have been unpalatably harsh; as it is, there’s just a hint of astringency.

This is quite nice, but unless it lasts more than two steeps I wouldn’t choose to buy it over a similar tasting oolong.

Very floral in smell, taste and aftertaste. Natural and lightly sweet, but I do pick up some bitterness as the cup cools. Not a bad cup at all.

Mmmmm, Darjeeling!

This has a lighter, more delicate flavor than Darjeeling No. 22. I still like 22 better, but I wouldn’t say no if someone offered me a cup of this tea. Lightly sweet, with a faintly grassy taste. This tea is very coarse in texture, so it pays to add a larger volume when I steep.

Loved this! Slightly floral but not overpowering. Second steep was pretty good!

Smooth mouthfeel. You hardly feel the swallow the way you can with some teas—they can get a little bitter at the back of the palate.

I tried #2 (this one) and #22 today…..I liked them both, but this one had less of a finishing astringency. I also tend to like lighter flavors, so this makes perfect sense.