Darjeeling Puttabong Summer (#2)

Almond, Apricot, Cream, Honey, Malt, Muscatel, Raisins, Straw, Toast
Edit tea info Last updated by cody

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Darjeeling region of India. If you enjoy Darjeeling tea, you are sure to appreciate this ‘wonder.’ The ‘Darjeeling Rhapsody no. 2’ is a second-flush (summer) hand-made ‘wonder’ tea from the upper reaches (7000 feet above sea level) of the Gopaldhara estate. It is a gorgeous-looking clonal tea with a sublime taste to match.

About Adagio Teas View company

My first tea made gongfu style! This is milder than I expected and I was pleasantly surprised.

I steeped for 30 seconds to start. The tea was a very pale amber. The flavor was very light, and slightly sweet.

I did another steep of 30 seconds and the tea darkened slightly. I didn’t notice much difference in the flavor, other than that it was stronger.

I did the last steep for 3 minutes. I think subtlety may be lost on me, because I greatly preferred the longer steep time. The tea was a darker amber, the scent was lovely and the flavor was just more pronounced, which I prefer.

I also purchased the Adagio Darjeeling Sungma Summer. I think I’ll brew these side by side tomorrow and see if I can taste the differences.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Smooth mouthfeel. You hardly feel the swallow the way you can with some teas—they can get a little bitter at the back of the palate.

I tried #2 (this one) and #22 today…..I liked them both, but this one had less of a finishing astringency. I also tend to like lighter flavors, so this makes perfect sense.

almost perfect, very clean scent of earth and woods, with a lovely floral, lime, woodsy flavor

Wow, tasting a nice sweetness today that wasn’t apparent before.

Has been one of my favourites since I first tried it many years ago. Wonderful muscatel flavour.

One of my favorites. The best everyday, always-good tea.

This is nice but I think I prefer #22 a bit more. Enjoyed it with a mini Cannoli.