Pumpkin Spice

Edit tea info Last updated by JewlOfTheLotus

• “Dear Pumpkin Spice, I wanted to like you. Really, I truly did. I know that you might not want to hear that right now, but please hear me out. When I was mildly disappointed with the first cup, I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Alright, I'm willing to try this again as fall is approaching. It still smells like that bubblegum you used to get on Halloween from the old folks down the street. I tried to dress it up a...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! :O Gotta make room for the 9 new teas/samples I ordered from H&S! And then I grabbed the sachet sampler, so... that's a lot right there but I like surprises! Now, on to THIS...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1639 tasting notes
  • “Wow! The reviews are all over the board for this one! I apparently don't hate this as much as most of the reviewers, but I think part of that is that I've danced with Adagio's black base for...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Straight from the jack o’ lantern to your cup, this limited edition tea is sure to delight ghosts and ghouls alike. Like the phantoms that haunt your streets, this tea will vanish after Halloween – don’t miss out!

About Adagio Teas View company

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Additives: none
Water: 2 zarafina cups filtered water
Tool: Zarafina Black-Loose-Medium (I should have done light)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet generic spice
Steeped Tea Smell: cinnamon, pumpkin (MilitiaJim could smell it, I got a weird sweet smell)
Flavor: bitter black tea
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: more bitter
Liquor: translucent orange-red-brown

Steepster Traveling Teabox Tea

Where is my pumpkin? Where is the spice?

Post-Steep Additives: 1 tsp German rock sugar, hides the bitter, but your getting very sweet black tea, no spice, no pumpkin

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/adagio-teas-loose-leaf-black-tea.html

Backlogging and giving the rest to a friend…eeeehhh…

Tastes more flowers and spices than actually like pumpkin. A little disappointing. But not too bad a tea by itself.

I thought I could improve it by using brown sugar instead of white… but it still does not taste much like pumpkin, just pumpkin pie spice. Very inferior to David’s Tea Pumpkin chai.

For a long time I just couldn’t get past the smell of this tea. It smells sickeningly sweet, in a syrupy kind of way that just makes me gag. That was disappointing, because I absolutely love pumpkin and expected this to be my favorite out of the holiday sampler. Today I decided to be a big girl and give it a try.

It brews a beautiful orangey color, and the horrible syrupy smell is drastically toned down once the brew has cooled a bit. But its still there and I can’t help but wrinkle my nose.

It tastes bitter, but its nothing a bit of sugar can’t fix. Thankfully it doesn’t really taste like it smells. I get a faint aftertaste of pumpkin, but it mostly tastes of cloves and cinnamon. Overall I don’t really see this as something I’ll drink all the time, or even pay money for, but I’ll finish the little tin. Maybe. More often than not I’ll open it and be so put off by that awful smell I end up making something else. There has to be a better pumpkin tea out there.

Felt like I should bust out with the pumpkin spice today. Steeped for 4 minutes. I definitely taste the spice, which went well with some milk and sugar. Not much pumpkin, but this tea was still delightful to drink this morning.

This smelled stronger than it tasted. While we liked it, we wanted more pumpkin flavor…

I was sad about this cup of tea I love pumpkin spice but this left a bitter after taste I thought maybe I steeped it to long but clearly this is not the case. This saddens me greatly :(

I received this at Christmas and am just getting around to trying it. I don’t know what’s up with this tea, but there is no hint of pumpkin or spice. The tea itself was very bitter. I don’t think I’ll have another cup of this any time soon.

I enjoy black teas, I especially enjoy flavored black teas, and I LOVE pumpkin (as in everything else I have ever tried) but this tea was disappointing.

The smell is intriguing and I had high hopes for the tea, but when brewed, it was just so bitter, and I really couldn’t get past that. I am sorry about this, I wish I could, I do not require things to be sweet, but this was uncomfortably bitter.

Don’t like pumpkin, don’t like spice… but this was okay.