Pumpkin Spice

Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Vanilla, banana, Spices, Cheesecake, Tea, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by JewlOfTheLotus
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 9 oz / 260 ml

• “Dear Pumpkin Spice, I wanted to like you. Really, I truly did. I know that you might not want to hear that right now, but please hear me out. When I was mildly disappointed with the first cup, I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Alright, I’m willing to try this again as fall is approaching. It still smells like that bubblegum you used to get on Halloween from the old folks down the street. I tried to dress it up a...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 522 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! :O Gotta make room for the 9 new teas/samples I ordered from H&S! And then I grabbed the sachet sampler, so… that’s a lot right there but I like surprises! Now,...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Wow! The reviews are all over the board for this one! I apparently don’t hate this as much as most of the reviewers, but I think part of that is that I’ve danced with Adagio’s...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Straight from the jack o’ lantern to your cup, this limited edition tea is sure to delight ghosts and ghouls alike. Like the phantoms that haunt your streets, this tea will vanish after Halloween – don’t miss out!

About Adagio Teas View company

So this is definitely better now that I’ve figured out that I should steep the tea for less time. Otherwise I just can’t stand the bitterness.

Pumpkin Spice is way better than Candy Apple in this same holiday collection, but it’s not as strong as I expected. I’ve had this tea mixed into other Adagio custom blends and loved it, so I think that it shines best as an accent.

I had a cup of this today with some spiced donuts, and yeah, perfect combo. It made the allspice and clove flavor stand out a bit more against the black base. Despite my precautions, the tea at the very bottom of the cup was still a little more bitter than I like, but otherwise, I was satisfied.

I’m not sure what the base tea is, but it has a very bitter edge which removes any enjoyment I might get out of this cuppa. Adding two sugars and a splash of milk improved things to a point, but now there’s kind of an oily, fake-flavouring mouthfeel that the milk seems to have made more pronounced.

All in all: Pleh. Glad I only got the seasonal sample box.

I liked this tea but I dont get a lot of cold days to drink it. It makes me feel like fall and helps to get you in the right state of mind for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Nobody seems to love this tea, but me, but boy — I love it! Agreed, it’s not very pumpkiny, and the taste is definitely out of the ordinary, but I can’t seem to get enough of this stuff! Love it!

You need to be very careful not to overbrew it. I found the tiniest bit over 5 minutes to be too much, and it quickly gets too bitter. If you get it before you get the bitterness, I quite enjoyed it!

Excellent with milk and a little honey on a cool fall day. I miss fall!

Taken Plain and with Mild and Sugar.
Way too much spice… not enough pumpkin.
And no flavor development until milk and sugar are added. Is this a trend with flavored blacks from adagio?
Plain it just tastes like poorly spiced water.
And with milk and sugar it is totally drinkable… but not re-orderable.
sigh Of disappointment.

The aroma is fantastic but the flavor doesn’t live up to it. Not nearly as sweet as I would expect but the taste is unique enough for me to really like. The best flavor comes out when warm and not too hot. The taste is mostly of black tea with pumpkin pie flavors to it. Enjoyable but don’t set your expectations too high.

This tea is very smooth, not too spicy. There’s definite vanilla and caramel tones mixed in with just a touch of brown sugar squash flavors. Cinnamon and a touch of some kind of allspice, not quite cloves. This tea has the spices of pumpkin bread, not necessarily chai flavors like ginger. A nice seasonal mix, gently sweet and starchy, a good match for fall!

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Vanilla

This is my first tasting note!
I have been browsing Steepster for a few months off and on, but hadn’t brought myself to join. I received a sample of this tea with my monthly Better Tea Club delivery (along with Earl Grey Bravo and Jasmine Chun Hao). While my kettle was heating up I realized that anything pumpkin spice would need to be at least somewhat creamy and as such used around a tablespoon-and-a-half of whole milk and then a little brown sugar. Once my tea was brewed I poured it over the milk and sugar that I had mixed in my tea mug. The flavour was was absolutely amazing. It was creamy and delicate with hints of pumpkin and spice (and an odd hint of banana that really worked).
If you have tried this tea already and were disappointed, I strongly recommend trying it again with brown sugar instead of regular granulated sugar.

Flavors: banana, Pumpkin, Spices

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I had been eying the 6 stocking stuffers set for about a year now. Six teas, all in cute little tins, and for a price that I didn’t think was too bad. I went and bought these earlier this year.

Now, I’m finally getting around to trying them. This is the one for today. I love the smell of this one. The spice is really nice. And to me it smells just a little bit like Davidstea’s Pumpkin Chai, but not as much spice.
Tastewise it’s really good. I like the pumpkin and the spices that are there. I did find as it cooled that it began to get an almost banana flavour to it, which is kind of weird, but otherwise it was really good. It held up to milk and a little sugar really well.
I know Adagio doesn’t always have the best teas out there, but from what I’ve tried so far, they’re really pretty good.

This is one of five teas I bought online from Adagio. It misses with me, just like the other 4 teas from Adagio, so I won’t be repurchasing from Adagio. I don’t taste pumpkin at all, just a spicy, artificial sweetness. Tried blending it with a chai that I do like, but found it just ruined the cup.