Pumpkin Spice

Edit tea info Last updated by JewlOfTheLotus

• “Dear Pumpkin Spice, I wanted to like you. Really, I truly did. I know that you might not want to hear that right now, but please hear me out. When I was mildly disappointed with the first cup, I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Alright, I'm willing to try this again as fall is approaching. It still smells like that bubblegum you used to get on Halloween from the old folks down the street. I tried to dress it up a...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! :O Gotta make room for the 9 new teas/samples I ordered from H&S! And then I grabbed the sachet sampler, so... that's a lot right there but I like surprises! Now, on to THIS...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1638 tasting notes
  • “Wow! The reviews are all over the board for this one! I apparently don't hate this as much as most of the reviewers, but I think part of that is that I've danced with Adagio's black base for...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Straight from the jack o’ lantern to your cup, this limited edition tea is sure to delight ghosts and ghouls alike. Like the phantoms that haunt your streets, this tea will vanish after Halloween – don’t miss out!

About Adagio Teas View company

So this is definitely better now that I’ve figured out that I should steep the tea for less time. Otherwise I just can’t stand the bitterness.

Pumpkin Spice is way better than Candy Apple in this same holiday collection, but it’s not as strong as I expected. I’ve had this tea mixed into other Adagio custom blends and loved it, so I think that it shines best as an accent.

I had a cup of this today with some spiced donuts, and yeah, perfect combo. It made the allspice and clove flavor stand out a bit more against the black base. Despite my precautions, the tea at the very bottom of the cup was still a little more bitter than I like, but otherwise, I was satisfied.

I’m not sure what the base tea is, but it has a very bitter edge which removes any enjoyment I might get out of this cuppa. Adding two sugars and a splash of milk improved things to a point, but now there’s kind of an oily, fake-flavouring mouthfeel that the milk seems to have made more pronounced.

All in all: Pleh. Glad I only got the seasonal sample box.

I liked this tea but I dont get a lot of cold days to drink it. It makes me feel like fall and helps to get you in the right state of mind for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Nobody seems to love this tea, but me, but boy — I love it! Agreed, it’s not very pumpkiny, and the taste is definitely out of the ordinary, but I can’t seem to get enough of this stuff! Love it!

You need to be very careful not to overbrew it. I found the tiniest bit over 5 minutes to be too much, and it quickly gets too bitter. If you get it before you get the bitterness, I quite enjoyed it!

Excellent with milk and a little honey on a cool fall day. I miss fall!

Taken Plain and with Mild and Sugar.
Way too much spice… not enough pumpkin.
And no flavor development until milk and sugar are added. Is this a trend with flavored blacks from adagio?
Plain it just tastes like poorly spiced water.
And with milk and sugar it is totally drinkable… but not re-orderable.
sigh Of disappointment.

The aroma is fantastic but the flavor doesn’t live up to it. Not nearly as sweet as I would expect but the taste is unique enough for me to really like. The best flavor comes out when warm and not too hot. The taste is mostly of black tea with pumpkin pie flavors to it. Enjoyable but don’t set your expectations too high.

Samples Only TTB
Being gone for a week means that when I get back we have no groceries. I’m pretty sure my boyfriend would eat fast food for every meal if I wasn’t there to insist on grocery shopping. When I saw this I knew I had to try it with milk, so I took a serving out of the box and waited till grocery day.
I put one tsp, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of milk in a pot and simmered it for a bit, strained and sweetened and.. holy yum. Just what I was looking for, I don’t know if it’s the milk but I actually taste pumpkin. Not just pumpkin spices, but actual pumpkin. Seeing all the not so positive reviews of this, I’m glad I tried my sample the way I did, because its a real treat. Wish I would have gotten to try this before sending the box out, because I would have kept some, or all (;
Ah well, now its just something to add to my future first order from Adagio. Now all I have to do is find the email they sent me for $5 off, or I can just get one from Arshness and help a steepsta out (;

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Arshness

9332730212 <<< Good for 24 hours. If you need it again after that just tell me.

BUT! If you want, I have a whole tin of the Pumpkin Spice and I hated it, so maybe a swap is in order? :)

Mandy

I won’t be placing an order yet, but I’ll come to you right before I do (;
And I’d love to swap. Something of mine I think you’ll like is Zen Tea’s Puerh Vanilla Mint I remember seeing you say somewhere (boy that sounds stalkerish) that you really liked a puerh you tried and wanted to try more, plus it’s minty and vanillay. And I’m not a big fan which is a good sign right? (; but you’re welcome to pretty much anything else in my cupboard!

Arshness

Oooh that sounds like win to me. :) I’d be happy to trade that.
The Pumpkin is a little tin, probably about 3-4 ounces of tea. Just to be sure I’m giving you enough in exchange for what you’re sending. It has cute tin so you should like it. Adagio’s tins are good. :)
I’ll ship it to you then!
And lol You can stalk me! haha :D Stalker tea friends are best <3

Mandy

It’s only 50grams! Anything else you want me to add as well?

Arshness

You can send a few random samples if you want. :P
I have no idea which things you like or don’t like in your cupboard since I can’t click straight to your tasting notes there but I’ll try anything once. I don’t like Rooibos, whites and greens much, but black teas, spice and herbals are all good. :)

This tea was such a disspointment! It was not the worst tea ever but it was just bland. I was hoping for more spice and flavor.

I’ve had this tea since around Christmas last year but somehow never got around to trying it. Looking at the ratings other people have given it made me nervous, but so far it’s okay. Not nearly as pumpkin flavored as I’d like, but it’s not bad. I do tend to steep black teas for 3 minutes or less because a lot of them can get too bitter for me, and that seemed to work for me. I’ll definitely try this one again; I think using more leaves and maybe adding a little milk or sugar would help the flavors come out more.

I’ve had pumpkin spice teas before, and this does not taste like pumpkins or spice.

The pumpkin flavor is nonexistent, as is the spices; what we do have is sub-par black tea with a bland spice somewhere.

It also has a strange aftertaste that gives off a vague banana cream pie flavor, which is very weird.

There is a bit of creaminess to the flavor, but because it’s called pumpkin spice, this tea is a real disappointment.