Pumpkin Spice

Cheesecake, Pumpkin, Spices, Tea, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by JewlOfTheLotus
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Dear Pumpkin Spice, I wanted to like you. Really, I truly did. I know that you might not want to hear that right now, but please hear me out. When I was mildly disappointed with the first cup, I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Alright, I'm willing to try this again as fall is approaching. It still smells like that bubblegum you used to get on Halloween from the old folks down the street. I tried to dress it up a...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 490 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! :O Gotta make room for the 9 new teas/samples I ordered from H&S! And then I grabbed the sachet sampler, so... that's a lot right there but I like surprises! Now, on to THIS...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Wow! The reviews are all over the board for this one! I apparently don't hate this as much as most of the reviewers, but I think part of that is that I've danced with Adagio's black base for...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Straight from the jack o’ lantern to your cup, this limited edition tea is sure to delight ghosts and ghouls alike. Like the phantoms that haunt your streets, this tea will vanish after Halloween – don’t miss out!

About Adagio Teas View company

So this is definitely better now that I’ve figured out that I should steep the tea for less time. Otherwise I just can’t stand the bitterness.

Pumpkin Spice is way better than Candy Apple in this same holiday collection, but it’s not as strong as I expected. I’ve had this tea mixed into other Adagio custom blends and loved it, so I think that it shines best as an accent.

I had a cup of this today with some spiced donuts, and yeah, perfect combo. It made the allspice and clove flavor stand out a bit more against the black base. Despite my precautions, the tea at the very bottom of the cup was still a little more bitter than I like, but otherwise, I was satisfied.

I’m not sure what the base tea is, but it has a very bitter edge which removes any enjoyment I might get out of this cuppa. Adding two sugars and a splash of milk improved things to a point, but now there’s kind of an oily, fake-flavouring mouthfeel that the milk seems to have made more pronounced.

All in all: Pleh. Glad I only got the seasonal sample box.

I liked this tea but I dont get a lot of cold days to drink it. It makes me feel like fall and helps to get you in the right state of mind for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Nobody seems to love this tea, but me, but boy — I love it! Agreed, it’s not very pumpkiny, and the taste is definitely out of the ordinary, but I can’t seem to get enough of this stuff! Love it!

You need to be very careful not to overbrew it. I found the tiniest bit over 5 minutes to be too much, and it quickly gets too bitter. If you get it before you get the bitterness, I quite enjoyed it!

Excellent with milk and a little honey on a cool fall day. I miss fall!

Taken Plain and with Mild and Sugar.
Way too much spice… not enough pumpkin.
And no flavor development until milk and sugar are added. Is this a trend with flavored blacks from adagio?
Plain it just tastes like poorly spiced water.
And with milk and sugar it is totally drinkable… but not re-orderable.
sigh Of disappointment.

The aroma is fantastic but the flavor doesn’t live up to it. Not nearly as sweet as I would expect but the taste is unique enough for me to really like. The best flavor comes out when warm and not too hot. The taste is mostly of black tea with pumpkin pie flavors to it. Enjoyable but don’t set your expectations too high.

Overboard TTB.

Hmm… The dry leaf for this smells amazing – like pumpkin cheesecake. This is definitely one of those teas where I wish it tasted like it smelled, though. It leads with a mild flavor of pumpkin and spices, then the flavor of the base tea shows up. The base doesn’t really complement the flavor very well, and I wish the flavor itself were a little bolder. While it is a pleasant tea, I feel like it’s kind of flat and uninspiring. It’s not quite what I want from a pumpkin spice tea.

Flavors: Cheesecake, Pumpkin, Spices, Tea

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I ordered the same of this tea from Adagio. I have tried it several times but just don’t care for it. It has an odd taste to it, does not taste like pumpkin, all I can say is that it tasted off. I tried it with rock sugar, sugar in the raw, with almond milk, creamer, etc. and I just could not get it to taste very good. Luckily I am out of the sample. I was really disappointed in this one as most of the reviews on Adagio said it was really good.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I thought when you use the word spice it meant it would be spiced up with cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom. Something like that. Nope. There was NO spice. Very disappointed. This was my first tea to try from Adagio. Disappointing. It was very sweet. And even had a sweet smell when dry. I’ll be trading this tea. This is the third or fourth pumpkin spice we have tried and I keep going back to Teavanas version. It’s not perfect but better than this.

Flavors: Sweet

This was a free sample for posting to Facebook on my first order…I’m glad I didn’t pay for it. Pumpkin?….Where? Now, it’s not a bad tea. It just isn’t what it’s supposed to be, in my opinion. Will I drink the rest of the sample? Most certainly….but….like….with my eyes closed when I reach for the bag ;)

Flavors: Spices