Pumpkin Spice

Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin, Smooth, Spicy, Bitter, Cloves, banana, Spices, Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Cheesecake, Tea, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by JewlOfTheLotus

• “Dear Pumpkin Spice, I wanted to like you. Really, I truly did. I know that you might not want to hear that right now, but please hear me out. When I was mildly disappointed with the first cup, I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Alright, I’m willing to try this again as fall is approaching. It still smells like that bubblegum you used to get on Halloween from the old folks down the street. I tried to dress it up a...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 559 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! :O Gotta make room for the 9 new teas/samples I ordered from H&S! And then I grabbed the sachet sampler, so… that’s a lot right there but I like surprises! Now,...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1779 tasting notes
  • “Wow! The reviews are all over the board for this one! I apparently don’t hate this as much as most of the reviewers, but I think part of that is that I’ve danced with Adagio’s...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Straight from the jack o’ lantern to your cup, this limited edition tea is sure to delight ghosts and ghouls alike. Like the phantoms that haunt your streets, this tea will vanish after Halloween – don’t miss out!

About Adagio Teas View company

I can’t give this one a fair review because it’s my own damn fault I didn’t notice I’d added a sample of pumpkin spice rather than pu erh spice, which was adjacent to it on the alphabetical list.

I do not like pumpkin spice drinks. Believe me, I’ve tried. I love pumpkin in pie, in cheesecake, simply roasted with a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt. I have a recipe for pumpkin muffins that I’ve been making for 25 years. And I love spice: I have so many variations of chai that I love, and I’m always finding new ways to incorporate new spice blends into my baking and cooking. My five-spice gingerbread biscuits were a highlight of the Christmas season.

And I love when black teas have pumpkiny notes in and of themselves, but this doesn’t taste anything like that. I’m not sure what it tastes like. It doesn’t taste like pumpkin spice lattes, which I also hate, but I kind of also hate it.

Which makes me sad because there aren’t a lot of adagio’s flavours that I’m not keen on.

So I know I’m not selling it well, but if anybody wants an almost full sample sachet of pumpkin spice tea…

Fjellrev

Haha yeah, it’s hard to find a good pumpkin spice-flavoured beverage, it seems.

Sami Kelsh

For reals. I’m sticking with pumpkin muffins!

On the 6th day of sipdowns (backlog)…

I had this yesterday as I ran out the door on weekend number 5 of apartment hunting and it was the best tasting cup of this I’ve had to date. There wasn’t much pumpkin-y flavor, but the stereotypical pumpkin spice flavor was there, a bit overwhelmed by the black tea, but sill there. I grabbed this in the holiday sampler last year, and I wouldn’t buy it on it’s own, but if it was packaged up with some others I liked again for a good price I might snag it.

Flavors: Spices

This tea is very smooth, not too spicy. There’s definite vanilla and caramel tones mixed in with just a touch of brown sugar squash flavors. Cinnamon and a touch of some kind of allspice, not quite cloves. This tea has the spices of pumpkin bread, not necessarily chai flavors like ginger. A nice seasonal mix, gently sweet and starchy, a good match for fall!

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Vanilla

This is my first tasting note!
I have been browsing Steepster for a few months off and on, but hadn’t brought myself to join. I received a sample of this tea with my monthly Better Tea Club delivery (along with Earl Grey Bravo and Jasmine Chun Hao). While my kettle was heating up I realized that anything pumpkin spice would need to be at least somewhat creamy and as such used around a tablespoon-and-a-half of whole milk and then a little brown sugar. Once my tea was brewed I poured it over the milk and sugar that I had mixed in my tea mug. The flavour was was absolutely amazing. It was creamy and delicate with hints of pumpkin and spice (and an odd hint of banana that really worked).
If you have tried this tea already and were disappointed, I strongly recommend trying it again with brown sugar instead of regular granulated sugar.

Flavors: banana, Pumpkin, Spices

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I had been eying the 6 stocking stuffers set for about a year now. Six teas, all in cute little tins, and for a price that I didn’t think was too bad. I went and bought these earlier this year.

Now, I’m finally getting around to trying them. This is the one for today. I love the smell of this one. The spice is really nice. And to me it smells just a little bit like Davidstea’s Pumpkin Chai, but not as much spice.
Tastewise it’s really good. I like the pumpkin and the spices that are there. I did find as it cooled that it began to get an almost banana flavour to it, which is kind of weird, but otherwise it was really good. It held up to milk and a little sugar really well.
I know Adagio doesn’t always have the best teas out there, but from what I’ve tried so far, they’re really pretty good.

This is one of five teas I bought online from Adagio. It misses with me, just like the other 4 teas from Adagio, so I won’t be repurchasing from Adagio. I don’t taste pumpkin at all, just a spicy, artificial sweetness. Tried blending it with a chai that I do like, but found it just ruined the cup.

Overboard TTB.

Hmm… The dry leaf for this smells amazing – like pumpkin cheesecake. This is definitely one of those teas where I wish it tasted like it smelled, though. It leads with a mild flavor of pumpkin and spices, then the flavor of the base tea shows up. The base doesn’t really complement the flavor very well, and I wish the flavor itself were a little bolder. While it is a pleasant tea, I feel like it’s kind of flat and uninspiring. It’s not quite what I want from a pumpkin spice tea.

Flavors: Cheesecake, Pumpkin, Spices, Tea

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I ordered the same of this tea from Adagio. I have tried it several times but just don’t care for it. It has an odd taste to it, does not taste like pumpkin, all I can say is that it tasted off. I tried it with rock sugar, sugar in the raw, with almond milk, creamer, etc. and I just could not get it to taste very good. Luckily I am out of the sample. I was really disappointed in this one as most of the reviews on Adagio said it was really good.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I thought when you use the word spice it meant it would be spiced up with cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom. Something like that. Nope. There was NO spice. Very disappointed. This was my first tea to try from Adagio. Disappointing. It was very sweet. And even had a sweet smell when dry. I’ll be trading this tea. This is the third or fourth pumpkin spice we have tried and I keep going back to Teavanas version. It’s not perfect but better than this.

Flavors: Sweet

This was a free sample for posting to Facebook on my first order…I’m glad I didn’t pay for it. Pumpkin?….Where? Now, it’s not a bad tea. It just isn’t what it’s supposed to be, in my opinion. Will I drink the rest of the sample? Most certainly….but….like….with my eyes closed when I reach for the bag ;)

Flavors: Spices