Pumpkin Spice

Cheesecake, Pumpkin, Spices, Tea, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by JewlOfTheLotus
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Dear Pumpkin Spice, I wanted to like you. Really, I truly did. I know that you might not want to hear that right now, but please hear me out. When I was mildly disappointed with the first cup, I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Alright, I'm willing to try this again as fall is approaching. It still smells like that bubblegum you used to get on Halloween from the old folks down the street. I tried to dress it up a...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 492 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! :O Gotta make room for the 9 new teas/samples I ordered from H&S! And then I grabbed the sachet sampler, so... that's a lot right there but I like surprises! Now, on to THIS...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Wow! The reviews are all over the board for this one! I apparently don't hate this as much as most of the reviewers, but I think part of that is that I've danced with Adagio's black base for...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Straight from the jack o’ lantern to your cup, this limited edition tea is sure to delight ghosts and ghouls alike. Like the phantoms that haunt your streets, this tea will vanish after Halloween – don’t miss out!

About Adagio Teas View company

Samples Only TTB
Being gone for a week means that when I get back we have no groceries. I’m pretty sure my boyfriend would eat fast food for every meal if I wasn’t there to insist on grocery shopping. When I saw this I knew I had to try it with milk, so I took a serving out of the box and waited till grocery day.
I put one tsp, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of milk in a pot and simmered it for a bit, strained and sweetened and.. holy yum. Just what I was looking for, I don’t know if it’s the milk but I actually taste pumpkin. Not just pumpkin spices, but actual pumpkin. Seeing all the not so positive reviews of this, I’m glad I tried my sample the way I did, because its a real treat. Wish I would have gotten to try this before sending the box out, because I would have kept some, or all (;
Ah well, now its just something to add to my future first order from Adagio. Now all I have to do is find the email they sent me for $5 off, or I can just get one from Arshness and help a steepsta out (;

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Arshness

9332730212 <<< Good for 24 hours. If you need it again after that just tell me.

BUT! If you want, I have a whole tin of the Pumpkin Spice and I hated it, so maybe a swap is in order? :)

Mandy

I won’t be placing an order yet, but I’ll come to you right before I do (;
And I’d love to swap. Something of mine I think you’ll like is Zen Tea’s Puerh Vanilla Mint I remember seeing you say somewhere (boy that sounds stalkerish) that you really liked a puerh you tried and wanted to try more, plus it’s minty and vanillay. And I’m not a big fan which is a good sign right? (; but you’re welcome to pretty much anything else in my cupboard!

Arshness

Oooh that sounds like win to me. :) I’d be happy to trade that.
The Pumpkin is a little tin, probably about 3-4 ounces of tea. Just to be sure I’m giving you enough in exchange for what you’re sending. It has cute tin so you should like it. Adagio’s tins are good. :)
I’ll ship it to you then!
And lol You can stalk me! haha :D Stalker tea friends are best <3

Mandy

It’s only 50grams! Anything else you want me to add as well?

Arshness

You can send a few random samples if you want. :P
I have no idea which things you like or don’t like in your cupboard since I can’t click straight to your tasting notes there but I’ll try anything once. I don’t like Rooibos, whites and greens much, but black teas, spice and herbals are all good. :)

This tea was such a disspointment! It was not the worst tea ever but it was just bland. I was hoping for more spice and flavor.

I’ve had this tea since around Christmas last year but somehow never got around to trying it. Looking at the ratings other people have given it made me nervous, but so far it’s okay. Not nearly as pumpkin flavored as I’d like, but it’s not bad. I do tend to steep black teas for 3 minutes or less because a lot of them can get too bitter for me, and that seemed to work for me. I’ll definitely try this one again; I think using more leaves and maybe adding a little milk or sugar would help the flavors come out more.

I’ve had pumpkin spice teas before, and this does not taste like pumpkins or spice.

The pumpkin flavor is nonexistent, as is the spices; what we do have is sub-par black tea with a bland spice somewhere.

It also has a strange aftertaste that gives off a vague banana cream pie flavor, which is very weird.

There is a bit of creaminess to the flavor, but because it’s called pumpkin spice, this tea is a real disappointment.

A pleasantly spiced tea. The pumpkin is very difficult to discern and thus should not be called pumpkin spice; however, it certainly brings back memories of fall and I find it to be quite appropriate for said season.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

so disappointed in this Tea. Never having a pumpkin flavored tea I was looking forward to this one. No pumpkin flavor to speak of and boring use of spices.

I will admit to having a soft spot for this tea because I drank it fairly regularly right up to my first trip to the UK a few years ago. It tastes absolutely nothing like pumpkin, but I’m not really bothered.

My humans likened this to drinking a slice of pumpkin pie. Read the whole review of the free sample here: http://bit.ly/5RGeIf

i wanted to like this! im normally a pumpkin fiend! but this….just didnt cut it. the spice flavors were very nice but i didnt get any pumpkin out of it. i added milk…still nothing. im glad i got a sample tin. i usually pass this one on for a nice cup of gingerbread instead

Oh pumpkin spice. Well I will give you this. If you were just called spice tea I wouldn’t have to rate you so poorly. Because lightly spicy you are. But pumpkin? Where is the pumpkin? I’m afraid of steeping it for much longer and making it bitter. There is just the faintest pumpkin note. Enough to let me know what I’m missing.

I will not give up so easily and I’ll experiment with milk and sugar but I’m disappointed for now.