Pumpkin Spice

Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Vanilla, banana, Spices, Cheesecake, Tea, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by JewlOfTheLotus
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 9 oz / 260 ml

• “Dear Pumpkin Spice, I wanted to like you. Really, I truly did. I know that you might not want to hear that right now, but please hear me out. When I was mildly disappointed with the first cup, I...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Alright, I’m willing to try this again as fall is approaching. It still smells like that bubblegum you used to get on Halloween from the old folks down the street. I tried to dress it up a...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 522 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! :O Gotta make room for the 9 new teas/samples I ordered from H&S! And then I grabbed the sachet sampler, so… that’s a lot right there but I like surprises! Now,...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Wow! The reviews are all over the board for this one! I apparently don’t hate this as much as most of the reviewers, but I think part of that is that I’ve danced with Adagio’s...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with pumpkin and exotic spices. Straight from the jack o’ lantern to your cup, this limited edition tea is sure to delight ghosts and ghouls alike. Like the phantoms that haunt your streets, this tea will vanish after Halloween – don’t miss out!

About Adagio Teas View company

Overboard TTB.

Hmm… The dry leaf for this smells amazing – like pumpkin cheesecake. This is definitely one of those teas where I wish it tasted like it smelled, though. It leads with a mild flavor of pumpkin and spices, then the flavor of the base tea shows up. The base doesn’t really complement the flavor very well, and I wish the flavor itself were a little bolder. While it is a pleasant tea, I feel like it’s kind of flat and uninspiring. It’s not quite what I want from a pumpkin spice tea.

Flavors: Cheesecake, Pumpkin, Spices, Tea

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I ordered the same of this tea from Adagio. I have tried it several times but just don’t care for it. It has an odd taste to it, does not taste like pumpkin, all I can say is that it tasted off. I tried it with rock sugar, sugar in the raw, with almond milk, creamer, etc. and I just could not get it to taste very good. Luckily I am out of the sample. I was really disappointed in this one as most of the reviews on Adagio said it was really good.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I thought when you use the word spice it meant it would be spiced up with cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom. Something like that. Nope. There was NO spice. Very disappointed. This was my first tea to try from Adagio. Disappointing. It was very sweet. And even had a sweet smell when dry. I’ll be trading this tea. This is the third or fourth pumpkin spice we have tried and I keep going back to Teavanas version. It’s not perfect but better than this.

Flavors: Sweet

This was a free sample for posting to Facebook on my first order…I’m glad I didn’t pay for it. Pumpkin?….Where? Now, it’s not a bad tea. It just isn’t what it’s supposed to be, in my opinion. Will I drink the rest of the sample? Most certainly….but….like….with my eyes closed when I reach for the bag ;)

Flavors: Spices

Samples Only TTB
Being gone for a week means that when I get back we have no groceries. I’m pretty sure my boyfriend would eat fast food for every meal if I wasn’t there to insist on grocery shopping. When I saw this I knew I had to try it with milk, so I took a serving out of the box and waited till grocery day.
I put one tsp, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of milk in a pot and simmered it for a bit, strained and sweetened and.. holy yum. Just what I was looking for, I don’t know if it’s the milk but I actually taste pumpkin. Not just pumpkin spices, but actual pumpkin. Seeing all the not so positive reviews of this, I’m glad I tried my sample the way I did, because its a real treat. Wish I would have gotten to try this before sending the box out, because I would have kept some, or all (;
Ah well, now its just something to add to my future first order from Adagio. Now all I have to do is find the email they sent me for $5 off, or I can just get one from Arshness and help a steepsta out (;

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I won’t be placing an order yet, but I’ll come to you right before I do (;
And I’d love to swap. Something of mine I think you’ll like is Zen Tea’s Puerh Vanilla Mint I remember seeing you say somewhere (boy that sounds stalkerish) that you really liked a puerh you tried and wanted to try more, plus it’s minty and vanillay. And I’m not a big fan which is a good sign right? (; but you’re welcome to pretty much anything else in my cupboard!

Oooh that sounds like win to me. :) I’d be happy to trade that.
The Pumpkin is a little tin, probably about 3-4 ounces of tea. Just to be sure I’m giving you enough in exchange for what you’re sending. It has cute tin so you should like it. Adagio’s tins are good. :)
I’ll ship it to you then!
And lol You can stalk me! haha :D Stalker tea friends are best

It’s only 50grams! Anything else you want me to add as well?

You can send a few random samples if you want. :P
I have no idea which things you like or don’t like in your cupboard since I can’t click straight to your tasting notes there but I’ll try anything once. I don’t like Rooibos, whites and greens much, but black teas, spice and herbals are all good. :)

This tea was such a disspointment! It was not the worst tea ever but it was just bland. I was hoping for more spice and flavor.

I’ve had this tea since around Christmas last year but somehow never got around to trying it. Looking at the ratings other people have given it made me nervous, but so far it’s okay. Not nearly as pumpkin flavored as I’d like, but it’s not bad. I do tend to steep black teas for 3 minutes or less because a lot of them can get too bitter for me, and that seemed to work for me. I’ll definitely try this one again; I think using more leaves and maybe adding a little milk or sugar would help the flavors come out more.

I’ve had pumpkin spice teas before, and this does not taste like pumpkins or spice.

The pumpkin flavor is nonexistent, as is the spices; what we do have is sub-par black tea with a bland spice somewhere.

It also has a strange aftertaste that gives off a vague banana cream pie flavor, which is very weird.

There is a bit of creaminess to the flavor, but because it’s called pumpkin spice, this tea is a real disappointment.

A pleasantly spiced tea. The pumpkin is very difficult to discern and thus should not be called pumpkin spice; however, it certainly brings back memories of fall and I find it to be quite appropriate for said season.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

so disappointed in this Tea. Never having a pumpkin flavored tea I was looking forward to this one. No pumpkin flavor to speak of and boring use of spices.