Earl Grey Bravo

Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Earl Grey, Orange Zest, Cedar, Earth, Flowers, Leather
Edit tea info Last updated by Skulleigh

From Adagio Teas

A classic blend of premium black tea from Sri Lanka, flavored with bergamot (a citrus fruit). The perfect afternoon tea: zesty and exhilarating fresh citrus aroma, slightly dry to the nose, with a rounded and balanced orange rind flavor to match the tang of the Ceylon. Pleasantly dry finish with lingering citrus sweetness.

About Adagio Teas View company

The initial opening was awesome. Loved the smell that came off. I love, love, love bergamot and have been searching for a super floral Earl Grey. This fits that bill. I really loved the overall look of the tea on first glance. The bell flowers were a pretty, effective touch, and the scent of the orange peel was nice alongside the citrus tone of the bergamot. Altogether it was a very nice scent, overwhelming but in a pleasant way that was exactly what I actually wanted from a strong Earl Grey.

Some argue that a flavoured black tea is meant to mask an inferior tea. Adagio is definitely not doing that here. Like its other offerings, their quality is as good as if they were to offer the tea itself all on its own. The Ceylon leaves were dark, well formed and not very dusty, even after transit, so I would have been confident to brew just the tea itself were it not to have been blended and presented as an Earl Grey.

I tried a very hot, shorter brew time and ended up rebrewing with a cooler, longer brew time. I found the second time milder, less astringent/bitter and better flavoured. The first was too harsh and I felt needed to much sweetener to bring down the aftertaste. I used a teaspoon, slightly heaping, to 8 oz of 190 degree f water.

I tend to oversugar some Earl Greys because they do tend to come from inferior tea presentations. However, with Adagio’s good leaves I used a very small amount of sweetener and a little milk. Even then I feel I could have used less milk. As it was, I did taste the tea first and found it very pleasant with nothing added. It was heady and had a strong scent. Again, exactly what I wanted in the stronger Earl Grey I’d been seeking out. It’s a great morning tea.

Yumminess Rating – 8/10

Taste – This tea is sweet and smooth with a sweet aftertaste. Very little bitterness detected. I would like this tea to have a bit more creaminess to it, but I guess it isn’t a EGC, so it’s good for what it is.

Smell – It’s aroma is slightly floral with a nice big black tea undertone. Bravo to the blend, it smells amazing.(had to put in a pun).

Overall a very smooth and yummy tea, I just might get more, however I would like to find a good EGC.

Early grey is a classic for me. That Jean-Luc Picard classic cool.
I never seen my dad drink tea until Jean-Luc Picard did. Yeah…

I never had loose leaf Earl Grey before, and I purchased this about 2 years back with a big Adagio Tea order.

Smell wise, your typical Earl Grey tea – bergamonty orange and black tea. Very Yum.

Taste…. ugggg… tastes just like black tea with bitter aftertaste, didn’t taste like strong earl grey to me. Shaking the can of tea, I got only a few chunks of orange and barely any blue flowers. I’ve been trying to polish away at the tin, but I think I’m going to give up and give it away to my Dad. Maybe he won’t notice it’s kinda plain?

In effort to use more of it, I tried it as “Early Grey Shortbread” cookie recipe off a Foodtv website. UGGG! Was like ground up black tea chewy bits in cookie.

I felt pretty short-changed with this tea.

I got this in a sampler pack, it’s not a tea I would have purchased on my own. But, it’s pretty good for an Earl Grey and not overly perfumey tasting. Prepared with stevia.

Probably the best Earl Gray I’ve had. Adagio’s EG uses a decent leaf that can be easily tasted through milk, sugar, and bergamot. I normally drink plain green tea but enjoy a nice cup of Earl Gray now and then with a spot of milk and a little sugar. The flavor of this tea combines nicely with the bergamot flavoring, milk and sugar and creates a nice cup that can be enjoyed in the morning or early afternoon.

This is probably the only EG I’ve found, to date, to taste more natural as opposed to the chemically tasting bergamot other manufacturers use. And, as a side note, I love the presentation with dry pieces of bergamot and vanilla flowers. Definitely recommended to fans of Earl Gray.

Really eligant tase. Great with cookies!

This is, without a doubt, the best cup of Earl Grey i have ever had, with a lovely full flavor and subtle citrus aftertaste it was both soothing and enlightening.

Reading everyone else reviews, I’m wondering if i haven’t tried enough Earl Grey’s to compare. None the less, I love this tea. I drink two cups just about every morning. I always resteep the leaves, which produces a second cup almost as good as the first.

The tea smells absolutely wonderful, though the citrus notes can smell quite strong. I don’t found them too overpowering in the taste though. All the flavors are well balanced to me. Just half a teaspoon of sugar is all I need to add to start my morning. Time to reorder soon!

This has got to be the worse tea experience I have ever had when it comes to taste. When I opened the tin the smell was wonderful and my eyes brightened up anticipating a great cup of tea ahead of me. I steeped per instructions and the color was a beautiful dark amber. The aroma was just scrumptious and the hot tea went down smoothly but as soon as it hit my taste buds, my taste buds tried to jump out and smack me. The words ’what the hell is this?" came out as smooth as the tea went down. Trying the Andrew Zimmern method of trying something three times before completely giving up, I knew this tea was NOT for me.

That overwhelming floral perfumee (if that’s a word) taste was just awful. It was like standing behind someone who had decided to spray perfume or cologne at the same time you walked up behind them with your mouth open to ask a question.

I’ve mentioned before that I have a rating system where I’ve decided to differentiate between the teas I like by putting a red check mark on the sample tins of the ones I will not drink on a regular basis and a black check on the ones to give away or toss. This tea has introduced a third mark, 2 checks for “Damn You”. Adagio Earl Grey Bravo…DAMN YOU!

Note: I kept the rating in the double digits because everything beside the taste (aroma, look, smoothness) was really nice

As others have said the smell of this tea is very redolent of bergamot, I love it so much, based solely on the smell this would get a 100, although its taste is not bad in any respect, what I have to say is it took a little getting used to, at first sip I was surprised, it didnt quite taste like the Earl greys I have tried in the past. It tasted much like it smelt which like I said wasnt bad I just wasnt expecting it but after I adjusted I enjoyed this, but still reletively the same enjoyance as the bagged bigelow earl grey