Earl Grey Bravo

Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Earl Grey, Orange Zest, Cedar, Earth, Flowers, Leather
Edit tea info Last updated by Skulleigh

From Adagio Teas

A classic blend of premium black tea from Sri Lanka, flavored with bergamot (a citrus fruit). The perfect afternoon tea: zesty and exhilarating fresh citrus aroma, slightly dry to the nose, with a rounded and balanced orange rind flavor to match the tang of the Ceylon. Pleasantly dry finish with lingering citrus sweetness.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’ve been a life-long Earl Grey fan, and this is probably the best Earl Grey I’ve ever had. Lots of bergamot, and the pieces of orange peel and the tiny blue-purple flowers make it a pretty steep, too.

Everybody like Earl Grey, it’s a classic.

I keep trying Earl Grey, only to realize that I just don’t like it and probably never will.

I used to be big into the Earl Greys, but I’ve slowed down a little bit to try other things. Still, I am really picky about my Earl Grey, so maybe that’s why I didn’t like this tea as much as I hoped.

When brewed hot, the base Ceylon black tea just doesn’t do it for me. There’s a very malty sort of taste that doesn’t belong there. Well, maybe it does, but it’s not welcome to me at least.

The bergamot flavor isn’t as strong as I would like when it’s hot. It’s almost like an afterthought. When I have a hot Earl Grey, I want to feel like I’ve been kicked in the face by that wonderful citrusy sort of flavor.

After saying all that, the tea is interesting when cold brewed overnight as iced tea. The unwelcome flavor from the base tea fades away and allows the bergamot to shine the way it should. It rivals my favorite iced Earl Grey teas.

In the end, I’m happy I tried this iced. Would I buy it again? Maybe, but probably just to make iced tea.

To me, Earl Grey tea tastes like summer, and I don’t get that happy summer feeling when I drink this tea and isn’t that what it’s all about?

I’m not personally a huge Earl Grey fan, but for the tea this is a pretty good blend. I would recommend it to anybody that likes Earl Grey tea.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Earl Grey

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

if you asked me to name one favorite tea, this would be it. I have loved Earl Grey since I was 14 and a big fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I used to drink teabags of Twinnings Earl Grey and thought it quite lovely until I finally tried Earl Grey Bravo. Now I know what Earl Grey is meant to taste like. Bold, delicious, with the perfect balance of orange and bergamot oil. Not overpowering like some blends, and not underwhelming like others. This is Earl Grey done right in my opinion. Needs nothing but a little sugar or honey to make it just perfect.

Flavors: Bergamot, Orange Zest

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I greatly prefer this EG to Adagio’s Earl Grey Moonlight. This is a basic EG, and that’s ok by me. The tea has a good aroma and flavor, but without being overpowering. I’d call this one solid.

I had the sugar and milk out, but it didn’t need either. This was great on its own and I can see this being a tea I drink as my morning cuppa.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a quite pleasant Earl Grey. I find that it holds up well to steeping without getting too bitter, astringent, or floral.

Thanks Nattie for the lovely sample!

Flavors: Cedar, Earth, Flowers, Leather

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I love Earl Grey and want to try more so, I picked this as my sample for my last Adagio order because I thought it would help hold me over until I get another Earl and it was in the TARDIS blend I recently purchased. I did not plan on loving it but I thought it would work for now.

Sadly it does not, I can barely taste the tea. It is mostly orange and lemon flavored, flat and thin, I even let it over steep a good 10min in hopes the tea would get stronger. I think I may have to pick up more Rishi at Whole Foods because I don’t have any plans in the near future of buying tea from a company that has Earl.

So far I would describe a good Earl Grey as one that makes me grin from ear to ear. This one does not do that.