Earl Grey Bravo

Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Natural Bergamot Oil, Orange Peel
Bergamot, Citrus, Orange, Astringent, Earl Grey, Floral, Orange Zest, Cedar, Earth, Flowers, Leather
High
Edit tea info Last updated by GalInTheGreyHat

From Adagio Teas

A classic blend of premium black tea from Sri Lanka, flavored with bergamot (a citrus fruit). The perfect afternoon tea: zesty and exhilarating fresh citrus aroma, slightly dry to the nose, with a rounded and balanced orange rind flavor to match the tang of the Ceylon. Pleasantly dry finish with lingering citrus sweetness.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’ve been a life-long Earl Grey fan, and this is probably the best Earl Grey I’ve ever had. Lots of bergamot, and the pieces of orange peel and the tiny blue-purple flowers make it a pretty steep, too.

Everybody like Earl Grey, it’s a classic.

I keep trying Earl Grey, only to realize that I just don’t like it and probably never will.

Just trying different steeping times, don’t mind me. Actually, I think I prefer this steeping time, there’s more flavor to it. Even more Froot Loops though. Mmmm, drinking cereal.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

If you want an Earl Grey with amazing bergamot flavor, this is your tea! The bergamot (with the orange) is round, warm and bold, so much so that the black tea takes a back seat to the bergamot. You could almost mistake this as an herbal tea. I don’t taste any malty or floral notes, so I’m a happy camper. I’ll wake up with Teavana’s Earl Grey because it’s more full-bodied, but this is my second cup or my afternoon Earl Grey.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Orange

I love this tea, it’s my favorite of the 6-7 brands I’ve tried. It’s strong but well-balanced, and has a lot of floral bergamot aroma and flavor without being cloying or bitter (and I drink it straight, without added sugar or milk). The base tea has a nice flavor, not smoky or earthy. Really good.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Earl Grey, Floral

This is my all time favorite tea! Very strong but perfect for a morning cup of tea.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I used to be big into the Earl Greys, but I’ve slowed down a little bit to try other things. Still, I am really picky about my Earl Grey, so maybe that’s why I didn’t like this tea as much as I hoped.

When brewed hot, the base Ceylon black tea just doesn’t do it for me. There’s a very malty sort of taste that doesn’t belong there. Well, maybe it does, but it’s not welcome to me at least.

The bergamot flavor isn’t as strong as I would like when it’s hot. It’s almost like an afterthought. When I have a hot Earl Grey, I want to feel like I’ve been kicked in the face by that wonderful citrusy sort of flavor.

After saying all that, the tea is interesting when cold brewed overnight as iced tea. The unwelcome flavor from the base tea fades away and allows the bergamot to shine the way it should. It rivals my favorite iced Earl Grey teas.

In the end, I’m happy I tried this iced. Would I buy it again? Maybe, but probably just to make iced tea.

To me, Earl Grey tea tastes like summer, and I don’t get that happy summer feeling when I drink this tea and isn’t that what it’s all about?

I’m not personally a huge Earl Grey fan, but for the tea this is a pretty good blend. I would recommend it to anybody that likes Earl Grey tea.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Earl Grey