Earl Grey Bravo

Cedar, Earth, Flowers, Leather
Edit tea info Last updated by Skulleigh

From Adagio Teas

A classic blend of premium black tea from Sri Lanka, flavored with bergamot (a citrus fruit). The perfect afternoon tea: zesty and exhilarating fresh citrus aroma, slightly dry to the nose, with a rounded and balanced orange rind flavor to match the tang of the Ceylon. Pleasantly dry finish with lingering citrus sweetness.

About Adagio Teas View company

One of my favorite teas of all time and an absolute staple.

I’m on the fence about this one, but I can’t give it a thumbs-down due to my own pickiness. The peppery character of this Earl Grey makes it a tad too astringent for my taste. Still, it’s a good interpretation of Earl Grey for those who like a very bright tea.

This is a full-flavored Earl Grey, whose leaves, both dry and wet, are strongly aromatic of citrus and flowers. Someone should invent an Earl Grey potpourri. The tea itself has a nice dark amber color and tastes pretty good, but not flavorful in the way the leaves would suggest. I’m finding with this one, and which probably goes for most EG teas, that letting it cool down too much causes it to feel more astringent/chalky.

Smooth, but still dark. There’s a certain creamy taste that really makes this tea special.

My favorite tea since starting this loose leaf tea hobby. I like the citrusy flavor of Earl Grey and that flavor note is bolder in this tea than in any bagged versions I’ve tried. Look forward to trying other loose leaf Earl Grey blends.

In the bag it smells sweet and citrusy, like orange candy. After steeping, the smell kind of reminds me of some black teas with rose I’ve tried. I mostly taste black tea in the forefront here. I also taste a hint of orange rind in the aftertaste. This is decent hot, but iced and sweetened is how I prefer it. Hot score 79, iced and sweetened 84.

This is interesting, and not quite what I expected. It’s heavy on the Bergamot, heavier than I expected. I’m a little put off by it at first, but I may try again when I’m in more of a citrusy mood and see what I think then.

One of my favorite teas from Adagio!