Earl Grey Bravo

Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Earl Grey, Orange Zest, Cedar, Earth, Flowers, Leather
Edit tea info Last updated by Skulleigh

From Adagio Teas

A classic blend of premium black tea from Sri Lanka, flavored with bergamot (a citrus fruit). The perfect afternoon tea: zesty and exhilarating fresh citrus aroma, slightly dry to the nose, with a rounded and balanced orange rind flavor to match the tang of the Ceylon. Pleasantly dry finish with lingering citrus sweetness.

About Adagio Teas View company

One tsp literally lasted me all day long.

Started the day with a weak brew- it’s rare I have the time, or the patience to brew before running out the door. 2.5min at 195, and over a few cubes of ice into a thermos for the drive to work. Admittedly I only cheat by cooling this way because my drive usually isn’t more than 25 mins. This cup was fragrant, and the base was smooth, even diluted as it was.

It was the cup after work that showed the loveliness of this tea in full flavor profile. The bermagot didn’t overwhelm the base and the base didn’t become yucky and bitter even after a 3-4 min brew. Admittedly I didn’t use new leaves, but there was still plenty of flavor to be had.

I only ordered a sample of this one but don’t know if I’ll put it on my repurchase list yet. It was good, but not overwhelmingly yummy. Does one put samples into the Cupboard?

I enjoy this Earl Grey quite a bit! I typically brew it on the weaker side for about 2 minutes. Otherwise, the floral taste gets to me. The tea also smells lovely, dry and when steeping. I often resteep this 1-2 times and believe it holds its flavor well.

I’m usually not a fan of Earl Grey Bravo, but this tea definitely went above any beyond my expectations. Be careful not to over steep, as I can see that being awful. With a splash of fresh lemon and a half a teaspoon of sugar, it was really good! Very true bergamot flavor that isn’t too overwhelming. A delightful cup of Earl Grey!

So my mom gave me this one for Christmas because i was almost out of my Rishi Earl Grey, and I just now got around to trying it. I love it! I’ve tried Rishi’s Earl Grey and Lavender Earl Grey, and I really liked the Lavender one, but this EG definitely beat the regular EG from Rishi. It’s been too long since I tried the Lavender to compare them, but I really like EG Bravo. I finished up my first pot while I was taking down the Christmas tree. I like the bergamot flavor; there seems to be a good balance.

2nd steep: 4 min 30 sec
Still pretty good, but not as… fresh tasting. But it seems to have even more of the citrus flavor. huh.

One of my favorite teas of all time and an absolute staple.

I’m on the fence about this one, but I can’t give it a thumbs-down due to my own pickiness. The peppery character of this Earl Grey makes it a tad too astringent for my taste. Still, it’s a good interpretation of Earl Grey for those who like a very bright tea.

This is a full-flavored Earl Grey, whose leaves, both dry and wet, are strongly aromatic of citrus and flowers. Someone should invent an Earl Grey potpourri. The tea itself has a nice dark amber color and tastes pretty good, but not flavorful in the way the leaves would suggest. I’m finding with this one, and which probably goes for most EG teas, that letting it cool down too much causes it to feel more astringent/chalky.

Smooth, but still dark. There’s a certain creamy taste that really makes this tea special.

My favorite tea since starting this loose leaf tea hobby. I like the citrusy flavor of Earl Grey and that flavor note is bolder in this tea than in any bagged versions I’ve tried. Look forward to trying other loose leaf Earl Grey blends.