English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “Wow - it's my 2000th tasting note on Steepster?! crazy! I had a really rough evening last night, did not sleep well at all. It's difficult to find a sleeping position that doesn't hurt my broken...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2584 tasting notes
  • “And so the journey begins... I just finished my first cup of loose leaf tea, and what a tactile experience it is! I brewed this up in my brand-new IngenuiTEA, using a teaspoon of Adagio's blend,...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes
  • “Working late and I'm fading fast. There's some crappy Bigelow bagged teas in the staff lounge, but nothing else. As the boy said, luckily past Beth plans better than future Beth, because I found a...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “*Sipdown!* ... Is there any feeling more liberating than the feeling of being at the start of vacation? Waking up in bed going, "Hey, I don't have to hate this Monday - because I don't have to...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 313 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Black Keemun tea from the Anhui region of China. As its name implies, English Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. This exquisite version of this tea is made with the finest grade Keemun, prized for its rich smoky flavor, and sumptuous aroma. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. It remains one of the most popular varieties.

About Adagio Teas View company

English Breakfast is the platonic ideal of teas. If I were going to go on a trip and could only take one tea with me, it’d be this one. It just tastes like tea. Nothing fancy, no extra flavors, just delicious tea. Irish Breakfast used to be my number one tea for introducing people to good tea, but once I tried this one it was my new favorite.

Not a fan of smokiness. It’s not you, it’s me, Adagio English Breakfast.

Good basic English Breakfast. Still learning to like this as it is slightly stronger than I care for but it is not bad at all.

BillNV

This is one of my favorite ebt’s but I have found it is very easy to overbrew the first steep making things quite astringent. I find that keeping the first steep under 4 minutes is key.

Adagio’s version of English Breakfast does its best to distinguish itself from this workhorse of black tea blends. Touches of smoke and pepper come through with the steady malt flavour. A good choice for a casual drinker who wants branch out into more adventurous tea tasting but isn’t quite ready to leave the comfort of the familiar breakfast-style teas.

Tasted the same as always. Enjoy it in the morning to wake up.

This is a beautifully tasting tea and is very enjoyable to drink and finish off a long day. It’s aroma is very relaxing and the taste is welcoming, I recommend it as a healthy standard and as an every day tea as well!

This tea is delicious alone or with a splash of cream. The ‘breakfast’ part of the title does not lie; it is fantastic for those early morning moments. I think Adagio’s version is rich and bold, with great quality of the leaves.

There was too much of a bitter dirt-taste with this one for me. Next to Adagio’s Irish Breakfast, it’s just bleh.

This stuff tastes like it was watered with perfume or someone dropped a bottle of cologne on this batch.

I have tasted this in teas before I think it might be intentional. Though, why anyone would want to lick an old lady’s makeup case is beyond me.

While I normally enjoy lighter teas – green being my favorite, I decided to try some black teas this month and my first pick was adagio’s “English Breakfast.” From first brew you can tell it is a strong black tea. It had a very strong aroma – not sweet at all, but still pleasant. It tasted a lot like what you would expect. It isn’t sweet like the green teas I have tried, but it also didn’t have quite as much “bite” as some other black teas. I found that I enjoyed it best as a pick me up in the morning. I also really enjoyed it in the afternoon with just a little bit of milk and sugar. The milk and sugar really ease out the last hint of bitterness and make for a really smooth cup. It actually reminded me quite a bit of coffee, and might make for a good “transition tea” for anybody trying to switch. One note: be careful when you brew it, even a little extra time can make it very bitter very fast.

See all my reviews: http://teageek.org