Taurus (The Zodiac Series)

Oolong White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “The tea smells like a sweet, ripe peach - or at least something close to it. It brewed up as a nicely mellow tea with sweet fruity notes. Normally I find Adagio's Formosa Oolong to have a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1607 tasting notes
  • “When I saw this a few weeks ago I thought that this would make a great 30th birthday present to myself. I have to admit, I was a bit of a sneak and had a cup when it first came in. I never was good...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1913 tasting notes
  • “I'm not usually a peach tea fan unless it is iced but this tea surprised me. The flavors of the oolong go well with the white peony while the peach stays on the down low, offering its own subtle...” Read full tasting note
    kylestern 46 tasting notes
  • “Not bad. The peach taste is pretty subtle, and it mostly comes through at the end. I prefer Lupicia's Momo (Peach) Oolong, which has a stronger peach flavour and I think balances the tea and fruit...” Read full tasting note
    luthien 265 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Taurus is sensual and loves luxury, they love to be spoiled, good food, wine and of course good tea – the Taurus blend consists of: premium Formosa oolong tea flavored with sweet peaches, and the delicate White Peony.

A signature blend by Inguna Trepsa

About Adagio Teas View company

The tea smells like a sweet, ripe peach – or at least something close to it. It brewed up as a nicely mellow tea with sweet fruity notes. Normally I find Adagio’s Formosa Oolong to have a bit of an unpleasent burnt flavour, but the peach and the white peony in this blend seem to even things out. It’s a good tea to drink in the evenings when you want something light and smooth.

1913 tasting notes

When I saw this a few weeks ago I thought that this would make a great 30th birthday present to myself. I have to admit, I was a bit of a sneak and had a cup when it first came in. I never was good at waiting for presents and it was really hard to wait another 10 days to drink some more. I’m not overly familiar with oolong, but I love peach and white peony.

The white peony is pretty subtle and stays in the background and that works really well with the peach that you can taste a little more up front. The oolong rounds this out quite nicely and makes me want to try some others since I’m lacking a bit in that area. This is nice hot but I prefer it at room temperature or even iced, I think the peach comes out better once it cools. The second steep looses most of the peach flavor which was a little disappointing, but it still resteeped fairly well and you can still taste the white peony.

I don’t know if I will be buying this for myself again mainly because they don’t offer it without the tin. I would jump on it otherwise because I’m really starting to like it. I do think this would make the perfect inexpensive gift for the tea drinker in your life. Pair it with an ingenuiTEA and it makes it a gift that keeps on giving, I think I may do this for a few of my tea drinking friends this year.

My husband’s gift to me was pretty nice as well, he let me sleep in and he took my toddler out all morning which gave me a quiet house. Then promised to make me a carrot cake from scratch once he got back. Score! Turning 30 is pretty awesome.

Ysaurella

Happy birthday !

TheTeaFairy

Think I would have purchased this strictly based on the art work, it’s beautiful…

Short Sorceress

I agree and it has been a great conversation piece as well. Everyone who was come over the last few weeks has asked about it.

inguna

Happy Birthday! I had mine this Friday :) Cheers!
Glad you liked the tin design. I’ve designed quite a lot of new tins for Adagio lately. The production process is pretty long so it will probably be a while before you see them printed.

I’m not usually a peach tea fan unless it is iced but this tea surprised me. The flavors of the oolong go well with the white peony while the peach stays on the down low, offering its own subtle hints. This tea was included with my last purchase from Adagio since they were running a special. It probably isn’t something I’ll buy again, but it was fun to try something I may not have otherwise. 1.5 tsps in 12oz cup @ 180º for 6 minutes.

Not bad. The peach taste is pretty subtle, and it mostly comes through at the end. I prefer Lupicia’s Momo (Peach) Oolong, which has a stronger peach flavour and I think balances the tea and fruit flavour a bit better, but this one is quite drinkable. Pretty tin!

Auggy

I really enjoy how Lupicia flavors their tea. Seems to me to be more natural of a taste compared to others. I almost grabbed some of their Momo black this morning!

takgoti

Yet another reminder that I need to check out Lupicia. And win the lottery.

If you asked me to describe this tea’s flavor and didn’t let me look at the description on the tin, I don’t think I would come up with peach right off the bat. I don’t get a specifically peach vibe from this tea, just a sweet, lightly fruity flavor, but that’s why I like it so much. That flavor balances really nicely with the oolong and white base to make a tea that is neither weak nor overpowering. Though I’ve only drank it by itself, I feel like it would go nicely with food (dessert, perhaps) since it’s not punching you in the face with its own flavor.

Very smooth and the peach comes through pretty strong. There is almost a floral(?) taste to this tea? I guess because of the white peony. I don’t really love that when paired with the peach flavor. But it’s good.

Love this blend, always have some in my cupboard.

I was given this tea as a freebie when I made my first order with Adagio. They asked me for my birthday and gave me a sample of the corrosponding tea.
I like peaches as a fruit, but so far I haven’t been all that fond of it in tea, so I’ve put of trying it for a while. If I had checked beforehand instead of afterwards, I might have told them a fake birthday in order to get a different tin.
The leaves are large and you can clearly see both the white and the oolong. It smells very much like peach though, so I’m a bit sceptic and I’ve only made a small pot.
After steeping it smells more like oolong than it does of peach. It’s still peachy but it’s just an underlying note rather than the overwhelmingness of the dry leaves, and I’m pleased to find that although it does taste of peaches and it’s not a tea I’ll ever be especially fond of, I think, it’s not nearly as bad as I had feared. The oolong and white peony definitely makes up for the peach.
I’ll probably not buy more of this, but I am likely to eventually try some of the other zodiac blends, if for nothing else than collecting the tins.) It’s a great idea for a gift for someone, definitely.

Dark liquor. Heavy on the peaches. Muddy-tasting oolong. Better at room temperature.

This oolong is mellow with a little floral touch. The peach flavor is subtle. Overall a really tasty tea.