Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 4 g 16 oz / 480 ml

• “I’m back to the top of my black tea list! I sipped down one last week & added 2, so now I’m at 19 unflavored blacks, with a few more on their way. As far as breakfast teas go,...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3201 tasting notes
  • “Whee! Fun updates! Looks great, Steepster Overlords! (Now if we could just edit the comments we make….) I spent my drive to work this morning pretty much doing three things: listening to...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I threw in a little Irish Breakfast on top of yesterday’s leftover Keemun Concerto. Yum. This tea is comforting and heavy…malty and smokey. Fantastic for a cold, rainy and generally...” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “It’s wednesday, my regular day off and I’ve taken the rest of the week off as well. (This, btw, has nothing to do with illness, it was already planned, so no worries there). After the...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1323 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

So, this is the second tea that came in my sampler, and I guess I’ll start with the smell. The leaves have a very earthy smell to them and this continues in the tea itself, and it has an almost coffee like smell. The taste has an earthy, bitter taste. Like the smell it has similarities to the taste of coffee, but less intense. Definitely has a kick to it, and it should help me stay awake while I do some work tonight. I am enjoying this tea very much and can’t wait to have another cup.

This tea is by far my favourite breakfast blend. Throw in some milk and sugar and it’s the perfect start to my day. I prefer a strong tea, generally, and this one doesn’t let me down.

I don’t normally drink black teas but tried this with breakfast this morning. I had it plain and love the full mouth flavor of it. I usually lightly steep teas but followed the directions using boiling water for 5 minutes and was granted a full flavor tea that was not bitter or overly strong.
I didn’t find the need for sugar or milk though I rarely drink my teas “English style” and I didn’t think this one needed it at all.
Good stuff.

Great taste good replacement for coffee!

a delicious black tea! got this in a sample set and sure was glad to try it! sadly its all gone now

Definitely a good strong black tea to get me going in the morning (straight black in a giant travel mug) and a nice one for lazy afternoons (with honey and lemon).

Never been a fan of unflavored black teas in general, but this one is not as sharp or “edgy” as most blacks that I’ve had. It’s a solid tea… malty, a little bit of smoke (not too much—I don’t really like smoke) with a malty, almost floral finish.

I drink it plain right when I get in to work or in the afternoons when I need a little somethin’ somethin’ to help me finish the day.

Excellent staple tea. Great any time of the day. Not as sharp as many black teas, a very smooth but robust taste; you know you’re drinking black tea. Best drank with a spot of milk and honey.

This is a standard for me. A great wake-up in the morning!

Pretty good. Used the last of what I had though.