Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm back to the top of my black tea list! I sipped down one last week & added 2, so now I'm at 19 unflavored blacks, with a few more on their way. As far as breakfast teas go, I'm enjoying this...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3046 tasting notes
  • “Whee! Fun updates! Looks great, Steepster Overlords! (Now if we could just edit the comments we make....) I spent my drive to work this morning pretty much doing three things: listening to OK...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I threw in a little Irish Breakfast on top of yesterday's leftover Keemun Concerto. Yum. This tea is comforting and heavy...malty and smokey. Fantastic for a cold, rainy and generally yucky day....” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “It's wednesday, my regular day off and I've taken the rest of the week off as well. (This, btw, has nothing to do with illness, it was already planned, so no worries there). After the restorative...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1298 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

I got 1-4 oz. tin each of this and Earl Grey Bravo for Christmas and I absolutely burned through the Earl Grey and have moved on to Irish Breakfast. The only other time I had this tea before was at about 7 a.m. after staying up all night finishing a biochem paper before running off to turn it in and take the final exam. I made it about two times two strong, WAAAY over steeped it and didn’t add milk or sugar. It was awful, but MAN was I awake!

So now I drink this mostly at work , where I have a timer and some whole milk and either sugar or Splenda (I prefer sugar, but feel like I have to add 3 to a normal cup to taste it at all. If you like your hot tea sweet, Splenda is the way to go!). I enjoy it everyday and will for a long time or…or at least until my order of Earl Grey gets here!

had this this morning for breakfast before my test. I do like this tea a whole lot as a morning tea or dreary afternoon tea. Good malty taste NOT BITTER! there is a difference between malty and bitter and you really should not have a bitter tea if you brew it right. anywho, I like this far more than earl grey bravo. And this morning I tried it with a dab of milk and a dab of honey as apposed to suger it was tasty.

Jillian

I think more natural sweeteners like honey or agave syrup work much better for bringing out the flavour of teas.

Smells like peaches or apricots. Tastes likes apricots too. I don’t even think I’ve had too many apricots, but upon first sip of this tea, apricots instantly came to mind, so I’m going to go with it and pretend I know what I’m talking about. This tea is very smooth; no bitterness whatsoever. It’s also very light and easy on the stomach, making it a good tea to have in the morning, or drink throughout the day.

First cup at work for the day. The bitterness makes it a bit tangy, but I like it, it gives it an edge. It’s a rich flavor but not like nutty or chocolatey, more of a refreshing feel. I have a sample packet of this that I’ll probably finish off soon.

Found the 4 oz tin of this on sale at the local Fresh Market. I’ve prepared it numerous ways with creams and sugars and such and the best result I’ve had so far has been from just adding honey. It’s a great alternative to coffee and the unwanted reactions that I get from it. I don’t even drink any coffee at all anymore.

After the first morning’s cup of which I add just a touch more than 1 teaspoon, I brew it a second time for a lighter cup at lunch time.
I will continue searching for another black tea however before thinking of purchasing again. I’m looking for that morning cup to look forward to!

Not as bold as I’d imagined (I think I imagined it more like an English Breakfast), but not bitter, either. And that is the more important of the two, methinks. It is a lovely flavor. My first sip, I was rather “meh”, but the more I’ve sipped it, the more it has wormed its way into my heart palate.

Alex

You should try a plain Assam. Talk about bold… Yum!

Nice and malty. Had it with a touch of milk. Yum.

This is my first Irish Breakfast ever, so I have nothing to compare it to. That being said, I really like it and it’s my “go-to strong black blend” I do tatse the complex notes of flavors..boldness, maltiness, notes of hay, savory, sweet, all that.
As a matter of fact, shouldn’t Adagio use this blend as a base for some of their flavored teas instead of using just Ceylon Sonata? It would probably make their other teas more interesting

Well after a day at work, my Adagio order finally came in! Although it wasn’t as massive as it originally was (due to a transaction problem with my web browser that made me scale back a bit), I ended up with this. I like it, don’t get me wrong. I’m just trying to figure out what i feel it needs. Sugar maybe? But on the other hand, I just got one with pot #3 of it :P

I throw about a Tbs. of this in metal diffuser and drop that into a ceramic mug with about 2 cups of water 212. Then after about 2 min. I pull it out. Great mellow aroma and taste. Reminds me of a warm blanket I just pulled out of the drier.

Now having said that, the gate of heave opens to me and angles sign when I drink this with cookies. I like chocolate chip cookie best with this.