Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm back to the top of my black tea list! I sipped down one last week & added 2, so now I'm at 19 unflavored blacks, with a few more on their way. As far as breakfast teas go, I'm enjoying this...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2483 tasting notes
  • “Whee! Fun updates! Looks great, Steepster Overlords! (Now if we could just edit the comments we make....) I spent my drive to work this morning pretty much doing three things: listening to OK...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I threw in a little Irish Breakfast on top of yesterday's leftover Keemun Concerto. Yum. This tea is comforting and heavy...malty and smokey. Fantastic for a cold, rainy and generally yucky day....” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “It's wednesday, my regular day off and I've taken the rest of the week off as well. (This, btw, has nothing to do with illness, it was already planned, so no worries there). After the restorative...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1189 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

This was the last of my tea samples from Christmas. It actually tastes pretty good. I wasn’t sure if I would like it because I tried Adagio’s Ceylon and Assam too and well, didn’t fall in love with them. But they seem to work pretty well together. Maybe I just brewed them wrong last time, but there was almost no bitterness to the Irish Breakfast. Just pure, yummy tea flavor. Mmmm… Plus, most things Irish are just cool. :D

This tea is absolutely great! I like to drink this one when I am in the mood for dark teas instead of Oolong or Greens. It is much milder than English Breakfast and is much like the teas I used to drink in Turkey. It is a good sipping tea.

I can’t believe that I have taken this long to write about this tea. I have almost finished the tin and this is my first note. I love this tea. It is my go to morning tea during the fall. I seem to change morning teas with the seasons. I usually drink this one with just some unprocessed natural amber sugar, but this morning I thew a splash of my wife’s “skinny caramel machiato” coffee creamer for a little tea latte and I must say this was the best I have ever had this tea taste. The milky creamer brought out the rich malty taste that the tea naturally has and the caramel just enhanced this. I highly recommend giving this a try.

I started me workday this morning with adagio’s irish breakfast. I’m not sure why i keep coming back to it, because I don’t particularly enjoy the flavor. I guess it is a soothing pick-me-up for a Monday morning.

Now this is the kind of tea I could see myself drinking every morning as a coffee replacement. The taste is a little richer than a lot of the more common bagged black teas I have been drinking on a regular basis (PG Tips, Twinings, etc), but overall it is fairly similar in overall “tea genre.” That’s to be expected, as it’s an Irish Breakfast blend. I have yet to decide whether I prefer it over Adagio’s England Breakfast but it’s really quite good either way.

I didn’t find anything super special about this tea but it was a really good black tea. I don’t drink too many black teas hot; I think some lemon would made it perfect.

I really like this tea. It tastes a bit like Golden Monkey, but without the chocolate.

Nice smooth blend. Perfect for morning – also easily blended with other teas. Basic black.

Backlogging, since my Internet has been out most of the day. This is a good, basic black. I like the fact that it’s not as terribly strong as the only other Assam I have in my cupboard. The Assam and Ceylon mix is a good one. Stood up well to cream.

This is a fantastic morning tea. A little too bold for the evening, but just right for a morning coffee replacement when you need a little “get up and go”.