Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm back to the top of my black tea list! I sipped down one last week & added 2, so now I'm at 19 unflavored blacks, with a few more on their way. As far as breakfast teas go, I'm enjoying this...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2973 tasting notes
  • “Whee! Fun updates! Looks great, Steepster Overlords! (Now if we could just edit the comments we make....) I spent my drive to work this morning pretty much doing three things: listening to OK...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I threw in a little Irish Breakfast on top of yesterday's leftover Keemun Concerto. Yum. This tea is comforting and heavy...malty and smokey. Fantastic for a cold, rainy and generally yucky day....” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “It's wednesday, my regular day off and I've taken the rest of the week off as well. (This, btw, has nothing to do with illness, it was already planned, so no worries there). After the restorative...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1282 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Excellent morning tea. It’s strong and robust and fully flavored. Rich without milk or sugar but could tolerate both, I think. There’s a hint of peat bog, moss, and smoke which makes me think of Ireland.

I would call this a great everyday breakfast tea, especially for those who want a good infusion of caffeine.

Hello, morning! This tea is strong and good for a Monday. I’m using my new IKEA thermos/mug, which is nice, but too narrow to use with my tea basket.

None of this really matters. In my head, I’m dancing on Miami Beach with Shmiracles, drunk on rum, ceviche & sea air.

oddree

OH! I’ve also started S1 of Hannibal. Just sayin…

woohoo!

Admittedly I’m new to breakfast teas. My pallet lately is having me search one that is strong and mildly astringent; enough to slap me in to the morning. I drink it straight with no cream/milk or sugar. This tea walks the boarder between naturally sweet black tea and the slapping tea I crave. The astringency isn’t really there but I’m really enjoying the departure from the musky malt flavor my others have. It’s incredibly smooth and mellow but still holds a boldness that I feel morning teas need to have.

This is one of the teas I reach for when I’m not in the mood for coffee. A strong tea that is still virtually impossible to oversteep.

Mmm, yum! I think it’s the fact that this tea tastes more like coffee than any other tea I’ve tried that has me mesmerized at the moment. I’ve been meaning to try an Irish Breakfast for a long time now, but now I’ve finally gotten around to it. No regrets. At. All. While I’m drinking this in the evening, I could imagine that this would be a great companion to wake up to in the morning.

I added a drop of milk and a teaspoon of sugar to my cup, but I think I’ll use less sugar next time so I can take in more of the flavor.

Malty is the best way to describe this beauty.

I just found some of this in my tea stash, I forgot how much I like this tea! It’s not a typical Irish Breakfast by any means, but it has a really unique flavor that I enjoy. I’m going to go with what it says on the bag, it has a jammy flavor to it. I think is a great tea for first thing in the morning, especially when it begins getting chilly like it is now.

I have tried a few teas from Adagio and this is the only one that I like. Its one of my favorite Irish Breakfast teas.

Perfect tea for a cold rainy morning before getting on the train. Unfortunately for this tea I now live in Southern California and don’t commute anymore, however when I need a good kick in the pants first thing it is quite tasty.

Make strong with lots of sugar and no milk. Delish!

Oh, Irish Breakfast. Where to begin? In the cup you are strong, but not overwhelming. You smell of sweet raspberry jam in the pouch. But the taste? Oof, the taste is like a warm biscuit. Which is great, because I have celiac disease and can’t enjoy fresh bread. I haven’t dared to add a splash of milk nor sugar because well… you are just so good on your own! I don’t have to sweeten you up to enjoy your company. This tea is gold!