Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 4 g 16 oz / 480 ml

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Excellent morning tea. It’s strong and robust and fully flavored. Rich without milk or sugar but could tolerate both, I think. There’s a hint of peat bog, moss, and smoke which makes me think of Ireland.

I would call this a great everyday breakfast tea, especially for those who want a good infusion of caffeine.

Not bad. Better than any bagged Irish Breakfast I’ve had, for sure. If you close your eyes, it smells almost like buttered toast with tea and lemon — which I suppose is the goal. For me, it makes the Assam boldness personally tolerable, since it’s mixed with the Ceylon. This is something I’d probably serve to others if they said they drink black tea, but then kind of stared at me doubtfully when I pulled out loose tea. For me, there’s still a bit of bitter at the end of the sip. But others probably wouldn’t necessarily taste it. I really would recommend this to other tea newbies or ex-coffee drinkers. I found I enjoyed it more if I drank it fast-ish, and didn’t stop to think about it. I’m not finding it “contemplative,” if that makes sense.

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 15 sec 4 g 16 OZ / 480 ML

Hello, morning! This tea is strong and good for a Monday. I’m using my new IKEA thermos/mug, which is nice, but too narrow to use with my tea basket.

None of this really matters. In my head, I’m dancing on Miami Beach with Shmiracles, drunk on rum, ceviche & sea air.

oddree

OH! I’ve also started S1 of Hannibal. Just sayin…

woohoo!

Admittedly I’m new to breakfast teas. My pallet lately is having me search one that is strong and mildly astringent; enough to slap me in to the morning. I drink it straight with no cream/milk or sugar. This tea walks the boarder between naturally sweet black tea and the slapping tea I crave. The astringency isn’t really there but I’m really enjoying the departure from the musky malt flavor my others have. It’s incredibly smooth and mellow but still holds a boldness that I feel morning teas need to have.

This is one of the teas I reach for when I’m not in the mood for coffee. A strong tea that is still virtually impossible to oversteep.

Mmm, yum! I think it’s the fact that this tea tastes more like coffee than any other tea I’ve tried that has me mesmerized at the moment. I’ve been meaning to try an Irish Breakfast for a long time now, but now I’ve finally gotten around to it. No regrets. At. All. While I’m drinking this in the evening, I could imagine that this would be a great companion to wake up to in the morning.

I added a drop of milk and a teaspoon of sugar to my cup, but I think I’ll use less sugar next time so I can take in more of the flavor.

Malty is the best way to describe this beauty.

I just found some of this in my tea stash, I forgot how much I like this tea! It’s not a typical Irish Breakfast by any means, but it has a really unique flavor that I enjoy. I’m going to go with what it says on the bag, it has a jammy flavor to it. I think is a great tea for first thing in the morning, especially when it begins getting chilly like it is now.

I have tried a few teas from Adagio and this is the only one that I like. Its one of my favorite Irish Breakfast teas.

Perfect tea for a cold rainy morning before getting on the train. Unfortunately for this tea I now live in Southern California and don’t commute anymore, however when I need a good kick in the pants first thing it is quite tasty.

Make strong with lots of sugar and no milk. Delish!