Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 4 g 13 oz / 396 ml

• “I’m back to the top of my black tea list! I sipped down one last week & added 2, so now I’m at 19 unflavored blacks, with a few more on their way. As far as breakfast teas go,...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3233 tasting notes
  • “Whee! Fun updates! Looks great, Steepster Overlords! (Now if we could just edit the comments we make….) I spent my drive to work this morning pretty much doing three things: listening to...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I threw in a little Irish Breakfast on top of yesterday’s leftover Keemun Concerto. Yum. This tea is comforting and heavy…malty and smokey. Fantastic for a cold, rainy and generally...” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “It’s wednesday, my regular day off and I’ve taken the rest of the week off as well. (This, btw, has nothing to do with illness, it was already planned, so no worries there). After the...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1328 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

I have tried a few teas from Adagio and this is the only one that I like. Its one of my favorite Irish Breakfast teas.

Perfect tea for a cold rainy morning before getting on the train. Unfortunately for this tea I now live in Southern California and don’t commute anymore, however when I need a good kick in the pants first thing it is quite tasty.

Make strong with lots of sugar and no milk. Delish!

Oh, Irish Breakfast. Where to begin? In the cup you are strong, but not overwhelming. You smell of sweet raspberry jam in the pouch. But the taste? Oof, the taste is like a warm biscuit. Which is great, because I have celiac disease and can’t enjoy fresh bread. I haven’t dared to add a splash of milk nor sugar because well… you are just so good on your own! I don’t have to sweeten you up to enjoy your company. This tea is gold!

When I need that extra morning boost, I always crack out my hearty iris breakfast tea. Not only does it wake me quite well, it also gives me a metaphorical punch to the face!

I like Irish Breakfast in general because of the kick and the solid flavor, and Adagio is particularly delicious.

Nice, smooth but strong. I can definitely taste the Assam, but it’s tamer and not as raisin-y. Very full flavour with high and low notes. Not remarkable, but definitely a very solid black tea that I’ll be sure to drink often.

7.1 grams, 5 minutes, boiling water. Amazing with milk and sugar. Resteep was 5 minutes and very weak. Longer next time?

This is one of my work day go-to teas. I often take some in a travel tea mug to work and steep several times throughout the day. Sometimes I add cream/sugar, but most times it is straight up. I love the fullness of the tea with just a hint of woodiness.

Just brewed up some of my ~1-year-old irish breakfast. I went a little heavy on the milk (yeah, I’m not a purist!), but it still seems very tasty. I can’t smell a thing though, and haven’t been able to all week. Ack.

Thought there will be more taste to it. Interesting blend though…