Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 4 g 16 oz / 480 ml

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Oh, Irish Breakfast. Where to begin? In the cup you are strong, but not overwhelming. You smell of sweet raspberry jam in the pouch. But the taste? Oof, the taste is like a warm biscuit. Which is great, because I have celiac disease and can’t enjoy fresh bread. I haven’t dared to add a splash of milk nor sugar because well… you are just so good on your own! I don’t have to sweeten you up to enjoy your company. This tea is gold!

When I need that extra morning boost, I always crack out my hearty iris breakfast tea. Not only does it wake me quite well, it also gives me a metaphorical punch to the face!

I like Irish Breakfast in general because of the kick and the solid flavor, and Adagio is particularly delicious.

Nice, smooth but strong. I can definitely taste the Assam, but it’s tamer and not as raisin-y. Very full flavour with high and low notes. Not remarkable, but definitely a very solid black tea that I’ll be sure to drink often.

7.1 grams, 5 minutes, boiling water. Amazing with milk and sugar. Resteep was 5 minutes and very weak. Longer next time?

This is one of my work day go-to teas. I often take some in a travel tea mug to work and steep several times throughout the day. Sometimes I add cream/sugar, but most times it is straight up. I love the fullness of the tea with just a hint of woodiness.

Just brewed up some of my ~1-year-old irish breakfast. I went a little heavy on the milk (yeah, I’m not a purist!), but it still seems very tasty. I can’t smell a thing though, and haven’t been able to all week. Ack.

Thought there will be more taste to it. Interesting blend though…

I had this tea this afternoon and I really like it. I find that I am liking a good black tea and it doesn’t need a lot added to it.

Delicious! My favorite breakfast tea – I add a tiny splash of milk and a few grains of sugar to make my mornings. Somewhat rummy or malty, and though I don’t drink, I’m told it goes quite well with irish creme.

The mouth feel is, truthfully, a bit thicker than I’d like. That’s the only major drawback to this otherwise fantastic tea.