Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I'm back to the top of my black tea list! I sipped down one last week & added 2, so now I'm at 19 unflavored blacks, with a few more on their way. As far as breakfast teas go, I'm enjoying this...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2913 tasting notes
  • “Whee! Fun updates! Looks great, Steepster Overlords! (Now if we could just edit the comments we make....) I spent my drive to work this morning pretty much doing three things: listening to OK...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I threw in a little Irish Breakfast on top of yesterday's leftover Keemun Concerto. Yum. This tea is comforting and heavy...malty and smokey. Fantastic for a cold, rainy and generally yucky day....” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “It's wednesday, my regular day off and I've taken the rest of the week off as well. (This, btw, has nothing to do with illness, it was already planned, so no worries there). After the restorative...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1269 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’m liking this tea quite a bit. Nothing fancy here, definitely a workhorse variety, but a solid choice for a morning wake-up call. I recommend it very highly.

I’ve been drinking this as my morning tea the past couple days. It has a nice kick. The assam gives it a dusty, dirty taste. I almost wish it had more ceylon but then it wouldn’t be Irish breakfast tea :)
I like it, it stands up to several steepings with no loss in flavor (loose leaf).

Great stuff, when steeped with care: I’ve come across few teas as easily over-steeped as Adagio’s IB. Steeping for 4:30 seems to be perfect for me. A great morning tea with a little vanilla soymilk.

Solid crisp black tea

Boiling 8 min or more

My first order from Adagio. I’m used to drinking cheap, teabag black tea, so I was surprised by how delicate this irish breakfast blend tasted. I’m excited to try some other black teas in the future to see how this one compares.

My favorite winter tea! Grew up drinking this with milk and sugar, so it hits close to home. Can’t get enough of it right now. :)

Smooth and balanced, the assam is not overpowering. Especially good with milk. Easy, light-bodied breakfast tea.

On a hot day I poor this tea over a chilled glass filled with ice.

Pretty good black tea. Tastes sorta like a strong green tea without the grassyness.

So, this is the second tea that came in my sampler, and I guess I’ll start with the smell. The leaves have a very earthy smell to them and this continues in the tea itself, and it has an almost coffee like smell. The taste has an earthy, bitter taste. Like the smell it has similarities to the taste of coffee, but less intense. Definitely has a kick to it, and it should help me stay awake while I do some work tonight. I am enjoying this tea very much and can’t wait to have another cup.