Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 4 g 16 oz / 480 ml

From Adagio Teas

A new combination of black teas from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Assam (India). As its name implies, Irish Breakfast tea is an ideal accompaniment to a morning meal. It smoothly blends the high notes of a high-grown Ceylon with the malty underscore of a hearty Assam. May be enjoyed plain or with a drop of milk. The perfect afternoon tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Not a bad tea at all. It really didn’t seem bold enough for me but I am new to tea and this is one of the first that I tried so it could just be that its not in my taste :]

I’m liking this tea quite a bit. Nothing fancy here, definitely a workhorse variety, but a solid choice for a morning wake-up call. I recommend it very highly.

I’ve been drinking this as my morning tea the past couple days. It has a nice kick. The assam gives it a dusty, dirty taste. I almost wish it had more ceylon but then it wouldn’t be Irish breakfast tea :)
I like it, it stands up to several steepings with no loss in flavor (loose leaf).

Great stuff, when steeped with care: I’ve come across few teas as easily over-steeped as Adagio’s IB. Steeping for 4:30 seems to be perfect for me. A great morning tea with a little vanilla soymilk.

Solid crisp black tea

Boiling 8 min or more

My first order from Adagio. I’m used to drinking cheap, teabag black tea, so I was surprised by how delicate this irish breakfast blend tasted. I’m excited to try some other black teas in the future to see how this one compares.

My favorite winter tea! Grew up drinking this with milk and sugar, so it hits close to home. Can’t get enough of it right now. :)

Smooth and balanced, the assam is not overpowering. Especially good with milk. Easy, light-bodied breakfast tea.

On a hot day I poor this tea over a chilled glass filled with ice.

Pretty good black tea. Tastes sorta like a strong green tea without the grassyness.