Jasmine Silver Needle

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Young and elegant tea leaf buds with a whisper of jasmine aura. All the appeal and softly sweet nuances of a classic Silver Needle tea, enhanced with the aroma of night-blooming jasmine flowers. The quiet nature of this tea ensures it will make a gentle companion for your special moments. Steep 2.25 grams of tea per 6oz purified water for 7 min at 180 degrees F.

About Adagio Teas View company

Oh, I can definitely see what all of the fuss is about with this one. The taste is distinct yet subtle; it seems so much more real that a lot of other jasmine teas. I wish I had more than a sample, I can see myself reaching for this often!

This was steeped according to the time on the package. For whatever reason, the description on Steepster recommends a much longer time, so I’ll definitely try that next.

After reading all the lovely reviews, I had to test out this tea. While I find the scent of the Jasmine absolutely intoxicating, the taste is still slightly too strong for my liking. To try to balance out the flavor, I added a small pinch of spearmint, which turns out to be a lovely addition to the tea. While maintaining the lovely fragrance, the taste comes out well balanced.

This tea is amazing. I made a whole tetsubin full while I study neurology today. Very calming indeed!

This is a tasty, light tea that continues to have a bold flavor. Iced or hot, this Jasmine tea is AMAZING. My favorite, for sure.

It barely has any color to it, but its smell and taste is utterly apparent. It’s like sipping an ancient forest in the dead of winter. I recommend steeping a tad longer than suggested with a little extra heat if you want to intensify the forest flavor even more.

I love this tea because it’s forgiving and pure and clean. I don’t add anything to it, not even my standard stevia leaves, it’s perfect on it’s own. Not something I run to when I’m at home but, when I’m at work, this is the one I go for, especially near the end of the day or after a particularly difficult client/ coworker. It just seems to make everything ‘right’ even if only for the time it takes to steep and be sipped. This is definitely a tea for sharing, when you need your friend to chill down to the same level of calmness as you. Peace =)

This may be one of the best teas I have ever had!! I am going to order it for sure as a gift for Christmas for my friends! Wow!

Backlog: I made a pot of this a week or two ago from a sample I pilfered from the first round of the European Traveling Tea Box. The dry leaf smelled amazing, but my expectations weren’t all that high based on what I’ve heard about & tried from Adagio.

I had taken more from the box than the brewing instructions recommended for a cup, so I used what looked like proportionately more water (didn’t bother measuring, though) and followed the parameters on Adagio’s website. The first infusion was rather heavy, resinous, and almost piney – interesting, but not really what I was hoping for. Probably too hot & long a steep.

From the second infusion on, I decided to just go with what I thought was the right amount of water/temperature/time. That’s when rainbows appeared and birds started singing. Gorgeous perfect jasmine flavor! As if that weren’t enough, these lovely little leaves gave me another five delicious steeps. SEVEN steeps from a white tea brewed western style! Super impressive. I’m definitely grabbing some more of this next time I place an Adagio order. Thanks for sharing, KittyLovesTea!

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

<3!!!

Anna

I seriously love this review. And this tea is the best.

(Also I am so envious that you can just, you know, ORDER some, just like that.)

adagio breeze

They have an EU site! Do they not ship to where you live?

Anna

I JUST SAW THAT when I remembered, ‘wait, adagio is in Europe, too!’. I don’t know whether to feel exceptionally dorky or very excited. I think both, right?

Heaven. Not too heavy on the Jasmine, so you can brew it strong. Perfectly subtle and demure white, just the way it should be. Significantly diminished aroma on resteepings, unfortunately, and the aroma that remains overpowers the especially subtle flavors that normally come out of a silver needle after the first cup. A bit pricey, though, I want to find a cheaper Jasmine.