Jasmine Silver Needle

White Tea
Fruity, Jasmine, Lychee
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Young and elegant tea leaf buds with a whisper of jasmine aura. All the appeal and softly sweet nuances of a classic Silver Needle tea, enhanced with the aroma of night-blooming jasmine flowers. The quiet nature of this tea ensures it will make a gentle companion for your special moments. Steep 2.25 grams of tea per 6oz purified water for 7 min at 180 degrees F.

About Adagio Teas View company

Heaven. Not too heavy on the Jasmine, so you can brew it strong. Perfectly subtle and demure white, just the way it should be. Significantly diminished aroma on resteepings, unfortunately, and the aroma that remains overpowers the especially subtle flavors that normally come out of a silver needle after the first cup. A bit pricey, though, I want to find a cheaper Jasmine.

This tea is loaded with Jasmine. The floral notes overwhelm everything else. I’m really not sure what to make of it. It’s definitely bitter, in a way that reminds me of hoppy beer, so not all bad. I’ll probably be a bit better able to judge this tea after trying some other white teas.

A friend gifted me with loose-leaf teas and accessories just last March, so I’m very new to tea, and that might have affected my reaction. This was part of a sample pack of White Teas. The plain Silver Needle, often described as “subtle” was far too subtle for my tastes—could barely tell the difference between it and hot water. Combining that with Jasmine was a shock. To me it tasted like perfume. I found it undrinkable and gave it away to a friend.

It’s a really light tea. I’m a huge fan of the jasmine taste, but I’ve had better silver needle tea.