Dancong Aria

Oolong Tea
Flowers, Honey, Peach, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “2nd infusion w/ dinner. Left over Chinese- Lemon Chicken w/ white rice... my FAVE! My family are ??not?? Chinese food eaters so I only get it on my birthday.” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Crazy day so far. Got new washer and dryer. Watched the husband install the thing without really looking at the manual. Had a gas leak. Hardware store trips. Fixed leak. Put stuff in the washer and...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 932 tasting notes
  • “I'm glad the description for this one says 'perfumey', because I *definitely* got that when sniffing this tea dry, and even now as it is brewed, and thought it was perhaps contaminated. I now doubt...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Wow. I love this tea more and more each time that I'm actually rationing it off. I am definitely going to buy this after I've decupboarded a couple of teas. :) Lychee sweetness! So great! I get...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1569 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A rare tea from Phoenix Mountain in Guangdong province, China. Perfumy, orchid and almond. Smooth and refined texture with flavors of fresh apricot, peach pit and honey. Incredibly long finish. This is a tea to take your time with – be careful not to over-steep it, because for a tea that’s got ‘flowers’ going on for days, this is no shrinking violet. A rich, grounding cup.

About Adagio Teas View company

I made enough of this tea for my roommate and I but then as it was brewing, it definitely started smelling weird and I’m all.. this is not how I remembered this tea when I had it last.
My old rating was an 80, and I recommended this tea. Today, I made it with no changes whatsoever and oh gosh it tastes so bad like no. It deserves like a 5 right now but.. I rated it so high before?? I looked at my other tasting note and I definitely remember writing it. I said it wasn’t as dark and rich as other oolongs that I’ve tried, but whoa nelly, is this tea is riiiichhhh.
Dude I don’t know what’s going on with this tea. I’ll probably finish a couple more sips and then it’ll probably go down the sink because it doesn’t taste the way I remembered

jump62359

I know! And I definitely didn’t change the way I prepared it at all, but the entire flavour of the tea is completely different to when I first had it. It tastes like a completely different tea which is just… what!?

Stephanie

Dancongs can be kinda temp and time finicky I guess shrug

Very tasty. Tannic without being bitter. Fruity without being sweet. Medium-bodied, but light enough to drink in the afternoon when I so often reach for a green.

Cofftea

This is my favorite “flavored unflavored” tea :)

Wow now this is a really good Dancong tea that makes me wish I would have gotten a larger size than the sample. Clearly a lightly roasted oolong but the roast is more subtile than with most Wuyi oolongs. This one has a very nice light and sweet fruity flavor to it and a REAL honey sweetness to it that I would actually naturally describe as tasting like honey might have been added when I know it wasn’t on my own without being told that it “is supposed to” taste like honey. Not to mention that this tea holds up very well to multiple gaiwan infusions for me.

Once brewed, the color is a light orange with a hint of pink. The smell is very mellow and at the same time rich with notes of what seems like exotic fruit. Smells nice. :O

After a sip, I’m impressed. It’s definitely flavorful and tastes almost how it smells. It has a unique flavor. As it cools its flavor is more pronounced. Definitely try this out if you’re into oolongs. Easily a new favorite.

This is a delicious tea! There is a definite mild scent to it that is unlike most other oolongs I have tried. I taste florals, peaches, and a definite honey note. I am a big fan, and look forward to the new few steeps!

Flavors: Flowers, Honey, Peach

This is the first oolong I’ve tried and I think I’m in love. Pretty gold color, honey-peach taste, and it resteeps! Something about the taste of this one just makes me smile. It’s complex but very pleasant.

I managed to get a grand total of three cups of this out of one teaspoon, although the third cup was a little weaker than the first two. All three were delicious, though. This tea seems difficult to oversteep. The taste is good both hot and cold—I forgot about my mug while doing some homework, and when I went back to it it was just as delicious cold. The strong herbal smell of the dry tea is my only complaint, but the taste is definitely worth it.

200 °F / 93 °C

On first steep: I can taste the peach pit and a little bit of the honey but the floral taste really overpowers it. I’ll try for a shorter steep next time, right now it just tastes like bitter flowers.

Do I have the same tea as the rest of the people here? I don’t know. But mine doesn’t taste anything like flowers, or honey or fruit, all I can taste is rubber, burnt rubber… I tried different water temp ranging from 190F to boiling, varied time from 1 min to 3 min, still rubber no matter what I do.

The first cup I had was amazing. It tasted so strong of lychee and honey with the lingering vegetal aftertaste so characteristic of many oolongs. It also had subtle floral notes I’ve had several types of Dan Congs before, so I was excited to see what the second cup would bring.

Much to my dismay, everything I tasted was largely lost the second time around, except a little sweetness with the vegetal aftertaste (which was, of course, significantly weaker). The third cup tasted like water.

I was very disappointed given how expensive Dan Cong Aria is — I’m glad I got only a sample. However, after reading the reviews on here, I’m thinking I should have added more tea. Perhaps Adagio is being conservative on this one.

Brewed a couple cups of this tea this afternoon. Wasn’t expecting much, but was delighted to find a delicious oxidized oolong. A little earthy, a little nutty, a little sweet, and perfect for a winter day up here in Montana.