Dancong Aria

Oolong Tea
Floral, Honey, Nuts, Flowers, Peach, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “2nd infusion w/ dinner. Left over Chinese- Lemon Chicken w/ white rice... my FAVE! My family are ??not?? Chinese food eaters so I only get it on my birthday.” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Crazy day so far. Got new washer and dryer. Watched the husband install the thing without really looking at the manual. Had a gas leak. Hardware store trips. Fixed leak. Put stuff in the washer and...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1087 tasting notes
  • “I'm glad the description for this one says 'perfumey', because I *definitely* got that when sniffing this tea dry, and even now as it is brewed, and thought it was perhaps contaminated. I now doubt...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2664 tasting notes
  • “Wow. I love this tea more and more each time that I'm actually rationing it off. I am definitely going to buy this after I've decupboarded a couple of teas. :) Lychee sweetness! So great! I get...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1604 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A rare tea from Phoenix Mountain in Guangdong province, China. Perfumy, orchid and almond. Smooth and refined texture with flavors of fresh apricot, peach pit and honey. Incredibly long finish. This is a tea to take your time with – be careful not to over-steep it, because for a tea that’s got ‘flowers’ going on for days, this is no shrinking violet. A rich, grounding cup.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’m snowed in this February Sunday due to a snowpocalyse in the Great Lakes. No worries, since I have lots of unopened tea samples waiting for me to try. I’m new to loose leaf teas, and today I’m trying my first loose oolong. The dry leaves smell like apricots, sugar and floral. Almost like you’re walking into a produce store that has also has fruit pies baking. They smell like my blender after I’ve made a frozen fruit smoothie.

First infusion: The color almost perfectly matches my ripe organic bananas. Smells like sugar snap peas tossed with honey and sesame seed oil. Tastes more warm and a bit dry earthier or grainier than the dry leaves smell. It tastes like honey added to the breeze coming off a farm where they grow grain and almonds. My pot makes 3 small cups, so after the first cup, I paired the next two with a breakfast of hot buttered bread and a curious tabby cat companion. The sweet bread and butter let the floral and fruit come out better for me. As it cooled, there came a bit more bitterness, but nothing I found disagreeable.

Second infusion: Paler in color. It’s closer to champagne. Everything’s a bit subtler in smell and taste except the grainy and vegetable tastes, which are coming out a bit more for me. There’s also maybe some lavender or a flowery flavor I didn’t taste before. A sweet, honey flavor still lingers for at least a minute along with some of that flower petal, vegetable and grain. Still lots of subtle hints and ghosts of flavors long after I’ve finished a sip. I even got a bit of that coolness you get from a mint if you let the flavors stay in your mouth for a few minutes after drinking. It stayed sweet with a hint of fruit in my mouth.

I’ve been trending towards seeking citrus in my tea (or adding lemon to ones that don’t have any citrus). I’m surprised I like this so much when it has no citrus flavors I can find, yet I have no urge to add lemon or experiment with this. I like it just how it is. It tastes like a late summer day walking at the park, where the grasses are flowering and drying out but there’s still wildflower blowing in the breeze, and the apples are just beginning to get fleshy on the trees.

Being newer to loose teas, it’s hard for me to know if this is representative of oolong. It’s certainly 3x better than any of the tea bags of oolong I have sampled. If someone likes tea, I’d certainly recommend they try it, since it has a few layers to it and a flavor that lasts in your mouth long after you’ve finished your sip. If you like white tea, but want to try something less delicate, you’d probably enjoy this.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Nuts

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 16 OZ / 480 ML

This was one of the times where I sat down to enjoy and appreciate a tea with my gaiwan, Silk Road Journey soundtrack, and quite the whole shebang. First note that hits me with this one is just how refreshing it is. It’s a very good mouth-drying astringency that makes you want to drink more.

Aroma – The leaves themselves are very fresh smelling, with floral, apricot, and grape undertones. The steeped aroma brings out more of the clean smell and the ripeness of green grapes.

Taste Profile – Very refreshing. I recommend using a bit cooler water, around 180-190 F, so that you can get out more of the floral and complex aromas. Not to say these are lost when steeped at higher temperature, but I’ve found steeping oolongs at lower temps really tends to accentuate these flavors. The taste doesn’t absolutely blow me away, but for $12 for 1.5 oz, I can’t really beat the price for a good go-to tea.

Still experimenting with this one, but love the sweet fruit that comes through.

I just received a sample of this and am currently sipping my second steep. I brewed it using a sort of “gong-fu” style: tiny yixing pot, lots o’ leaf, very short (

I didn’t use anything with this tea.
This is a dark fermented oolong with a lot of toastiness but a very weak mouth. Paired with it being a fussy brew and the very hot taste being slightly astringent no matter what you do makes it not high up on my list.
The astringency goes away as the tea cools but none of the other negatives are mitigated by cooling.