Dancong Aria

Oolong Tea
Flowers, Honey, Peach, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “2nd infusion w/ dinner. Left over Chinese- Lemon Chicken w/ white rice... my FAVE! My family are ??not?? Chinese food eaters so I only get it on my birthday.” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Crazy day so far. Got new washer and dryer. Watched the husband install the thing without really looking at the manual. Had a gas leak. Hardware store trips. Fixed leak. Put stuff in the washer and...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1019 tasting notes
  • “I'm glad the description for this one says 'perfumey', because I *definitely* got that when sniffing this tea dry, and even now as it is brewed, and thought it was perhaps contaminated. I now doubt...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Wow. I love this tea more and more each time that I'm actually rationing it off. I am definitely going to buy this after I've decupboarded a couple of teas. :) Lychee sweetness! So great! I get...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1588 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A rare tea from Phoenix Mountain in Guangdong province, China. Perfumy, orchid and almond. Smooth and refined texture with flavors of fresh apricot, peach pit and honey. Incredibly long finish. This is a tea to take your time with – be careful not to over-steep it, because for a tea that’s got ‘flowers’ going on for days, this is no shrinking violet. A rich, grounding cup.

About Adagio Teas View company

This was one of the times where I sat down to enjoy and appreciate a tea with my gaiwan, Silk Road Journey soundtrack, and quite the whole shebang. First note that hits me with this one is just how refreshing it is. It’s a very good mouth-drying astringency that makes you want to drink more.

Aroma – The leaves themselves are very fresh smelling, with floral, apricot, and grape undertones. The steeped aroma brings out more of the clean smell and the ripeness of green grapes.

Taste Profile – Very refreshing. I recommend using a bit cooler water, around 180-190 F, so that you can get out more of the floral and complex aromas. Not to say these are lost when steeped at higher temperature, but I’ve found steeping oolongs at lower temps really tends to accentuate these flavors. The taste doesn’t absolutely blow me away, but for $12 for 1.5 oz, I can’t really beat the price for a good go-to tea.

Still experimenting with this one, but love the sweet fruit that comes through.

I just received a sample of this and am currently sipping my second steep. I brewed it using a sort of “gong-fu” style: tiny yixing pot, lots o’ leaf, very short (< 1 min.) steeps. I’m very impressed! Classic Dancong flavor: sweet and flowery, but with enough astringency to remind you that you’re not drinking a Bao Zhong. Really a beautiful tea, and at a reasonable price compared to other Dancongs of comparable quality. I highly recommend this to lovers of oolong. One caution: in my experience, Dancongs can be a little finicky, so if your first try at this tea isn’t great, don’t give up.

I didn’t use anything with this tea.
This is a dark fermented oolong with a lot of toastiness but a very weak mouth. Paired with it being a fussy brew and the very hot taste being slightly astringent no matter what you do makes it not high up on my list.
The astringency goes away as the tea cools but none of the other negatives are mitigated by cooling.