Keemun Rhapsody

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Anhui region of China. Keemun tea, perhaps the most famous of Chinese varieties, is prized for its rich chocolate-like flavor, and sumptuous aroma. The ‘Keemun Rhapsody’ is a hand-made, limited production ‘superior mao feng’ grade tea. It is a rare embodiment of this tea’s wonderful potential, with taste bud entrancing cocoa notes, biscuit nuances, a whispering fruitiness and a flickering shadow of classic Keemun smokiness.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is a beautiful tea. It’s earthy and sweet, and I suspect it’s going to become a favorite.

A very nice combination of flavors. Similar to Fujian Baroque but with an added smokiness and a floral undertone. A new favorite in the rotation.

Doesn’t have a very strong smell, but nice. but i suppose my nose is kinda stuffy. mmm, there’s something there i just can’t quite put my finger on.

Well, it seems to have a fairly light taste, at least when it’s still tongue-burning hot. Not that i would ever burn my tongue… ahem. Anywho, it’s got a bright taste that i like. Doesn’t taste really heavy like some stuff can. Yup, pretty good.

I found this tea yesterday at the market and thought I would give it a try. This is a black tea with a mild flavor and rich copper color. I did steep for 5 minutes and added one packet of sugar.
I have a small sample of this tea that I feel I will restock in the future.
I agree this is a comfort tea.

This is the second Keemun I have tasted, and I prefer this one. The flavor isn’t extremely strong, which I like. It has a nice nutty and malty scent and flavor. :)

Received this as a sample, wishing I had more. This tea was very warming in a chocolate since. There was a sweetness that added to the pleasure. It was given a very perfect name. It really is a rhapsody on the though

A deep chocolate aroma with a hint of fruitiness, quite earthy.

Boiling 8 min or more

Good basic black tea with a hit of earthiness