Gingerbread

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Just finished my sample. I have to say, milk really improved it. I wish I had been doing that the whole time. I'm kind of on the fence about trying this again when winter rolls around again,...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 471 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 1 tsp Additives: none Water: 1 zarafina cup, filtered water Tool: Zarafina Black-loose-medium Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: Sweet fruit Steeped Tea...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “Another Christmas tea that I forgot to drink (until now that is). Another bagged tea from Adagio's Christmas tea collection. It smells like cinnamon rather than ginger but it does have a...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1081 tasting notes
  • “I don't understand this tea at all. It is actually pretty interesting because I can't really nail down just what it tastes like. It is not really gingerbread to me. The dry, crunchiness is somehow...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 538 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with sweet gingerbread. Both Gingerbread men and women agree: this unique tea is the perfect addition to any house (gingerbread or regular). You’ll run, run, run as fast as you can for another cup! Try this limited-time treat.

About Adagio Teas View company

Like others have suggested I didn’t steep this one too long. Even with only two minutes the taste is bitter and not very gingerbready at all. I got this free in my black tea sampler and I’m glad I didn’t get too much or I would have to unload it on someone. The smell is reminiscent of a holiday candle from Yankee candle, there’s a waxiness to the taste as well. I usually stay away from black teas flavored to be like desserts, it’s just too risky.

I seem to not really enjoy many of Adiago’s single flavored teas and this one is no exception. It has a slightly bitter edge to it, but it does taste like a ginger molasses mix. It just doesn’t have much else going on for it and strikes me as dull for a flavored tea.

From Another TTB. I guess I’m with the other reviewers on this in saying its mediocre. It’s not really gingerbread like. It didn’t make me think of cookies or Christmas.

i like it. It smells like gingerbread and it would be perfect as a christmas tea… even if i’ve tasted it in April ! It is soft, not bitter at all… I am sad a have only enough for one cup of tea !

Interesting tea, but I don’t think it tastes like gingerbread. I could taste more of the black tea base than ginger or other spices.

I dislike gingerbread. So I was a little turned off when I got this in a sample pack. BUT I actually liked this. More black tea then gingerbread

I have had this tea since November last year and have only had it once. Apparently I even left a tasting note? Or maybe just a rating? I don’t know.

Either way, I have been kind of avoiding this tea since I remembered that it wasn’t very good. Today I decided to brave it, and I added almond milk to it. The milk didn’t help much, it’s pretty darn bitter with a tiny hint of an uninteresting spice medley. Nothing much to it, really. I think I will just have to dump the rest (about a half) of my mug out because I noticed that if black teas turn out bitter, they tend to irritate my stomach a bit.

I will probaby stuff the rest of this tea in a ziploc bag and put it in a giveaway pile.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

One of the best teas from Adagio’s holiday sampler.

This is by no means a bad tea, but I wish it had more of a kick to it. Perhaps a bigger ginger flavor. As it is, this is a decent cup of tea with some spice to it. Smells stronger than it tastes, a bit of ginger on the aftertaste. I do like that the black tea base isn’t bitter.

As always, I drank it straight.

got a sample of this stuff in a pyramid bag with my latest adagio order. not bad! i used 3 packets of stevia and added a bit of half and half. it was a bit too bitter for me without all of that added.