Gingerbread

Cream, Ginger, Honey, Molasses, Sweet, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Just finished my sample. I have to say, milk really improved it. I wish I had been doing that the whole time. I’m kind of on the fence about trying this again when winter rolls around again,...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 519 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 1 tsp Additives: none Water: 1 zarafina cup, filtered water Tool: Zarafina Black-loose-medium Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 713 tasting notes
  • “Another Christmas tea that I forgot to drink (until now that is). Another bagged tea from Adagio’s Christmas tea collection. It smells like cinnamon rather than ginger but it does...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1281 tasting notes
  • “I don’t understand this tea at all. It is actually pretty interesting because I can’t really nail down just what it tastes like. It is not really gingerbread to me. The dry, crunchiness...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with sweet gingerbread. Both Gingerbread men and women agree: this unique tea is the perfect addition to any house (gingerbread or regular). You’ll run, run, run as fast as you can for another cup! Try this limited-time treat.

About Adagio Teas View company

Like others have suggested I didn’t steep this one too long. Even with only two minutes the taste is bitter and not very gingerbready at all. I got this free in my black tea sampler and I’m glad I didn’t get too much or I would have to unload it on someone. The smell is reminiscent of a holiday candle from Yankee candle, there’s a waxiness to the taste as well. I usually stay away from black teas flavored to be like desserts, it’s just too risky.

Sample from Nichole. Thank you!

I’ve been wanting to try this ever since I had it in one of the custom blends, so when I saw it in Nichole’s box I grabbed it right away. I like it! It has a really light, creamy, ginger-molasses-honey flavor. The base is extremely mild, but just noticeable. All in all, it makes for a pleasant cup. I might try this double strength with milk at some point.

It’s been over a week since I was last on Steepster. It’s really good to be back! It was mostly a perfect storm of real life issues all cropping up at once. Things should be better this week, although the latter half of the week I’ll be busy getting ready for Easter.

Flavors: Cream, Ginger, Honey, Molasses, Sweet, Tea

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Nichole

Glad you enjoyed it!!

rosebudmelissa

Thanks for sending it my way!

The last of my gingerbread this morning… sipdown

I’m enjoying this one after waking up with the munchkin. He’s finally starting to sleep through most of the night already! 8 hours in a row the last two nights! That’s one of those things where you wake up and you almost have to check he’s still breathing ‘cause there’s no way that it’s possible he slept that well!

Anyways, I’m not sure if maybe I oversteeped it or what, but I’m not enjoying this one as much as I thought I would this morning. It’s okay, but it’s not as nice as it was the first time. Or maybe I was just craving something else and now my tastebuds are confused…?
Either way, Glad I got to have this tea, but not sure if I’d get this one again unless my plan was to mix it with something.

gmathis

I remember marking FIRST FULL NIGHT OF SLEEP on my son’s baby calendar with exclamations and stars by it!

TheKesser

Lol ya I was pretty thrilled :)

I was in the mood for a spice tea, so I picked this one out of my cupboard. As far as flavor goes, it’s pretty basic—more of a generic holiday spice tea than gingerbread. (I like to blend it with David’sTEA Gingerbread from last winter for a more distinct dessert flavor.) As for the spices, cinnamon is the dominant note here, followed by ginger. There’s also some citrus flavor (orange peels, according to the label). This is a really dry black tea… I think most people would find it too bitter without milk and/or sugar. I like to drink it plain, but I can be a bit of a masochist when it comes to astringency.

This is a decent tea for spice fanatics. But I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who’s searching for an authentic gingerbread flavor.

I seem to not really enjoy many of Adiago’s single flavored teas and this one is no exception. It has a slightly bitter edge to it, but it does taste like a ginger molasses mix. It just doesn’t have much else going on for it and strikes me as dull for a flavored tea.

From Another TTB. I guess I’m with the other reviewers on this in saying its mediocre. It’s not really gingerbread like. It didn’t make me think of cookies or Christmas.

i like it. It smells like gingerbread and it would be perfect as a christmas tea… even if i’ve tasted it in April ! It is soft, not bitter at all… I am sad a have only enough for one cup of tea !

Interesting tea, but I don’t think it tastes like gingerbread. I could taste more of the black tea base than ginger or other spices.

I dislike gingerbread. So I was a little turned off when I got this in a sample pack. BUT I actually liked this. More black tea then gingerbread

I have had this tea since November last year and have only had it once. Apparently I even left a tasting note? Or maybe just a rating? I don’t know.

Either way, I have been kind of avoiding this tea since I remembered that it wasn’t very good. Today I decided to brave it, and I added almond milk to it. The milk didn’t help much, it’s pretty darn bitter with a tiny hint of an uninteresting spice medley. Nothing much to it, really. I think I will just have to dump the rest (about a half) of my mug out because I noticed that if black teas turn out bitter, they tend to irritate my stomach a bit.

I will probaby stuff the rest of this tea in a ziploc bag and put it in a giveaway pile.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML