Gingerbread

Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “Just finished my sample. I have to say, milk really improved it. I wish I had been doing that the whole time. I’m kind of on the fence about trying this again when winter rolls around again,...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 529 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 1 tsp Additives: none Water: 1 zarafina cup, filtered water Tool: Zarafina Black-loose-medium Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: Sweet fruit Steeped Tea Smell:...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 714 tasting notes
  • “Another Christmas tea that I forgot to drink (until now that is). Another bagged tea from Adagio’s Christmas tea collection. It smells like cinnamon rather than ginger but it does have a...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1300 tasting notes
  • “I don’t understand this tea at all. It is actually pretty interesting because I can’t really nail down just what it tastes like. It is not really gingerbread to me. The dry, crunchiness...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with sweet gingerbread. Both Gingerbread men and women agree: this unique tea is the perfect addition to any house (gingerbread or regular). Warm and cozy, perfect sweetened or not. Try this limited-time treat.

Steep at 212° for 3 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

From Another TTB. I guess I’m with the other reviewers on this in saying its mediocre. It’s not really gingerbread like. It didn’t make me think of cookies or Christmas.

i like it. It smells like gingerbread and it would be perfect as a christmas tea… even if i’ve tasted it in April ! It is soft, not bitter at all… I am sad a have only enough for one cup of tea !

Interesting tea, but I don’t think it tastes like gingerbread. I could taste more of the black tea base than ginger or other spices.

I dislike gingerbread. So I was a little turned off when I got this in a sample pack. BUT I actually liked this. More black tea then gingerbread

I have had this tea since November last year and have only had it once. Apparently I even left a tasting note? Or maybe just a rating? I don’t know.

Either way, I have been kind of avoiding this tea since I remembered that it wasn’t very good. Today I decided to brave it, and I added almond milk to it. The milk didn’t help much, it’s pretty darn bitter with a tiny hint of an uninteresting spice medley. Nothing much to it, really. I think I will just have to dump the rest (about a half) of my mug out because I noticed that if black teas turn out bitter, they tend to irritate my stomach a bit.

I will probaby stuff the rest of this tea in a ziploc bag and put it in a giveaway pile.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

One of the best teas from Adagio’s holiday sampler.

This is by no means a bad tea, but I wish it had more of a kick to it. Perhaps a bigger ginger flavor. As it is, this is a decent cup of tea with some spice to it. Smells stronger than it tastes, a bit of ginger on the aftertaste. I do like that the black tea base isn’t bitter.

As always, I drank it straight.

got a sample of this stuff in a pyramid bag with my latest adagio order. not bad! i used 3 packets of stevia and added a bit of half and half. it was a bit too bitter for me without all of that added.

I purchased a sample tim of this from Adagio. I’m not sure if my tea was too old or I just got a bad batch, but I could detect no hint of gingerbread when I opened the tin to smell the dry leaves. So of course after steeping there was no gingerbread to be found. The aroma was to me a very sweet caramel-honey with only the barest hint of spice. I did not taste any ginger or spice when I drank it.

I tried this tea both plain and with sugar. With a little sugar I found it to be a very pleasant black tea to drink, but as a flavored tea it is a disappointment.

Has a very faint taste of spices but overall it is a classic example of a tea that smells a lot better than it tastes. Like a lot of desert flavored teas to taste right you need to add a lot of sugar to it which is something that I do not like being forced to do. Although to its credit my grandmother really likes this one plain so it is a matter of taste among some.