Candy Apple

Apple Pieces, Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Natural Apple Flavor, Natural Caramel Flavor
Apple, Caramel
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with caramel and apple pieces. A taste reminiscent of the trick-or-treating favorite, auspiciously available for Halloween. You’ll think it’s scary how delicious this tea is – but it is only available for a limited time, so don’t miss it!

About Adagio Teas View company

It was almost too cool to have the door open like I did last night, but it really enhanced the feeling of autumn. This is not a tea you can drink when it feels like summer, that’s for sure. It’s a strong tea, kind of like spiced caramel apples, but made properly. Not too much caramel, not enough that it makes you feel sick. I absolutely love this tea, and I see myself drinking it far too often this autumn.

darby

If you want more just let me know! I have 1-2 oz left.

My friend purchased Adagio’s “Holiday Sampler” not too long ago and let me try each flavor. I was pretty excited about trying this one and I have to admit had my own ideas what it should taste like. I mean, it should taste like a Candy Apple, right? Mostly apple and a sugary sweet-maybe cherry background flavor? Not at all. I barely got a taste of apple and a strong cinnamon pungency overwhelmed it. Cinnamon has nothing to do with Candle Apples! It’s that nasty cinnamon that smells like those Christmas Reefs you smell during the Holidays. Apples don’t always have to be pared with Cinnamon.
I was very disappointed.

My least favorite of the holiday sampler pack.

Dry, the leaves smell sweet, a little bit like caramel. Brewed, the liquor has a weird artificial smell that I could not identify as apple. But one of my housemates correctly guessed it was apple so I could just be bad at picking out that scent. Whatever it was, that translated into the taste of the tea. No apple, just an odd sweetness.

This was such a wonderful tea: Lovely apple and caramel aromas, nice rounded flavors, a very small hint of sweetness. Equal parts apple and caramel flavors as well. Added some vanilla creamer for an even creamier flavor.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have decided that I dislike this tea. Not because of anything to do with the tea itself, but I realize that I don’t like apple teas that have a black base. They are okay, but I definitely prefer when they have a different base to them. Not sure if I’m going to finish this one or just toss what’s left… maybe I"ll try mixing it with something instead.

Used 1t of sugar. The apple flavor pairs well with the black tea, but I’m not sure if I can taste any caramel flavor.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

This tea is like 98% shitty Adagio black base and 2% caramel. Perhaps the 5 minute steep in boiling water is to blame?

Kittenna

Hahahahahaha. I am afraid to steep Adagio blacks longer than 2 minutes.

VariaTEA

I was just following their steeping parameters. I won’t be doing that again.

Kittenna

I don’t think I’ve ever ordered from Adagio, so probably have never actually bothered to look at their parameters (and I typically brew all blacks the first time at 2 minutes, since it seems to be the minimum time at which everything is still ok). Hopefully you can make it work with a shorter infusion! I wonder if they actually brew their teas the way they say… (or maybe, they intend for everyone to add copious amounts of milk and sugar).

VariaTEA

Usually I keep blacks to 2.5-3 min steeps but I do try to follow the suggested parameters at least once

Amariel

Ha ha ha! I love your honesty here. I’m not a fan of their bases either.

Kittenna

I used to be super obsessive about using the given parameters… until I ruined a few teas. I then decided, screw it. Haha.

OMGsrsly

Kittenna, I thought that was how tea was supposed to taste, so I always added milk and sugar. Now I can actually drink teas plain, as long as I watch the time and temperature. :)

Kittenna

That’s also why I thought I hated all black teas, haha, because anything I’d ever had was way overbrewed (and well, coffee is pretty nasty plain, too!)

Cinnamon. This tea made me smile because it tastes heavily of cinnamon. And “cinnamon” reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Johnlock fics.

That’s about where the happy feelings with this tea begin and end unfortunately. I wasn’t actually hoping for cinnamon…I was hoping for more caramel and baked apples. Sadly the black tea overpowers the sweeter flavors and you get smokey cinnamon.

If smokey black tea with cinnamon undertones is your thing then by all means ask me for a sample…I will happily send it along.

Do anyone have any recommendations for a caramel/toffee apple tea?

Whispering Pines Tea Company

You’ve got an ounce of all-natural Apple Cinnamon Oolong coming your way! ;)

221tea

I am sooooo excited!!! Your prize pack is amazingly generous!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

:D I’m excited to see what you think of them!

it is fine…. but i do not get the candy apple at all

Lessee. It’s 7:30 AM and I’ve been up for three hours already. I feel pretty much exactly how you’d expect one to feel in such circumstances.

But this worked for this morning. It hit the comforting, caffeinated spot it needed too. I don’t know if maybe this one doesn’t work in bagged form, but I’m definitely getting an adequately strong apple flavor. It tastes a bit like extra sweet baked apples (not quite applesauce level, though), though, with a toffee-like syrup in the aftertaste.

Weirdly, I think ths would be kind of ick with milk, and maybe even with sugar. I do like it well enough alone, though.

Thanks jeweledthumb!

jeweledthumb

I strangely woke up super early this morning as well (well not as early as you, but I was expecting to sleep later than 7am). Glad you enjoy this one!