Candy Apple

Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by denisend

• “So, I logged back into Adagio the other day and realized I had wracked up enough points there to get some free tea! Like a kid in a candy shop, I picked four sample sizes and paid $1.75 total for...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “I JUST got my Adagio Shipment MINUTES ago! Is it sad that I get THIS jazzed about tea, seriously!? Do I have a problem? :) Anyhow...Candy Apple. It's Black Tea with Caramel and Apple scents. ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Probably my last pot of tea before bed. I got the 'Adagio Holiday Cheer' gift set from my husband for Christmas and since we have been drinking bagged tea all day (for a change) it made sense to...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1064 tasting notes
  • “Had this again today -- the second last of this flavour I have left in my stash. Given that I haven't washed up since this morning, I made this in a smaller cup than usual. I wasn't all that keen...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 869 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with caramel and apple pieces. A taste reminiscent of the trick-or-treating favorite, auspiciously available for Halloween. You’ll think it’s scary how delicious this tea is – but it is only available for a limited time, so don’t miss it!

About Adagio Teas View company

It was almost too cool to have the door open like I did last night, but it really enhanced the feeling of autumn. This is not a tea you can drink when it feels like summer, that’s for sure. It’s a strong tea, kind of like spiced caramel apples, but made properly. Not too much caramel, not enough that it makes you feel sick. I absolutely love this tea, and I see myself drinking it far too often this autumn.

darby

If you want more just let me know! I have 1-2 oz left.

My friend purchased Adagio’s “Holiday Sampler” not too long ago and let me try each flavor. I was pretty excited about trying this one and I have to admit had my own ideas what it should taste like. I mean, it should taste like a Candy Apple, right? Mostly apple and a sugary sweet-maybe cherry background flavor? Not at all. I barely got a taste of apple and a strong cinnamon pungency overwhelmed it. Cinnamon has nothing to do with Candle Apples! It’s that nasty cinnamon that smells like those Christmas Reefs you smell during the Holidays. Apples don’t always have to be pared with Cinnamon.
I was very disappointed.

My least favorite of the holiday sampler pack.

Dry, the leaves smell sweet, a little bit like caramel. Brewed, the liquor has a weird artificial smell that I could not identify as apple. But one of my housemates correctly guessed it was apple so I could just be bad at picking out that scent. Whatever it was, that translated into the taste of the tea. No apple, just an odd sweetness.

Cinnamon. This tea made me smile because it tastes heavily of cinnamon. And “cinnamon” reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Johnlock fics.

That’s about where the happy feelings with this tea begin and end unfortunately. I wasn’t actually hoping for cinnamon…I was hoping for more caramel and baked apples. Sadly the black tea overpowers the sweeter flavors and you get smokey cinnamon.

If smokey black tea with cinnamon undertones is your thing then by all means ask me for a sample…I will happily send it along.

Do anyone have any recommendations for a caramel/toffee apple tea?

Whispering Pines Tea Company

You’ve got an ounce of all-natural Apple Cinnamon Oolong coming your way! ;)

221tea

I am sooooo excited!!! Your prize pack is amazingly generous!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

:D I’m excited to see what you think of them!

it is fine…. but i do not get the candy apple at all

Lessee. It’s 7:30 AM and I’ve been up for three hours already. I feel pretty much exactly how you’d expect one to feel in such circumstances.

But this worked for this morning. It hit the comforting, caffeinated spot it needed too. I don’t know if maybe this one doesn’t work in bagged form, but I’m definitely getting an adequately strong apple flavor. It tastes a bit like extra sweet baked apples (not quite applesauce level, though), though, with a toffee-like syrup in the aftertaste.

Weirdly, I think ths would be kind of ick with milk, and maybe even with sugar. I do like it well enough alone, though.

Thanks jeweledthumb!

jeweledthumb

I strangely woke up super early this morning as well (well not as early as you, but I was expecting to sleep later than 7am). Glad you enjoy this one!

I got this tea as part of the Holiday Cheer set and this was my favorite out of the six! I love the flavor because you get a good balance of apple and a sweetness of caramel.

Flavors: Caramel

I got the holiday sample tins for Christmas, and, good lord, this is the only one that I can’t enjoy.
The scent is just so…artificial smelling. I brewed one cup, attempted to overlook the smell, and then just tossed it; I got through one sip that I don’t even recall tasting because the tea reeked of what smelt like Dollar Tree perfume. I’m going to assume it tastes as chemically as it smells, yuck.

It’s a seriously weird tasting black tea, and i don’t really taste apple.
It’s strong in a lot of categories such as Taste, Smell, Caffeine.

I can still taste this one in my innards even though my humans have rinsed me out repeatedly. Something about that candy apple flavor… http://bit.ly/77VPCz