Candy Apple

Apple Pieces, Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Natural Apple Flavor, Natural Caramel Flavor
Apple, Caramel, Oats, Toffee
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with caramel and apple pieces. A taste reminiscent of the trick-or-treating favorite, auspiciously available for Halloween. You’ll think it’s scary how delicious this tea is – but it is only available for a limited time, so don’t miss it!

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

It was almost too cool to have the door open like I did last night, but it really enhanced the feeling of autumn. This is not a tea you can drink when it feels like summer, that’s for sure. It’s a strong tea, kind of like spiced caramel apples, but made properly. Not too much caramel, not enough that it makes you feel sick. I absolutely love this tea, and I see myself drinking it far too often this autumn.

If you want more just let me know! I have 1-2 oz left.

My friend purchased Adagio’s “Holiday Sampler” not too long ago and let me try each flavor. I was pretty excited about trying this one and I have to admit had my own ideas what it should taste like. I mean, it should taste like a Candy Apple, right? Mostly apple and a sugary sweet-maybe cherry background flavor? Not at all. I barely got a taste of apple and a strong cinnamon pungency overwhelmed it. Cinnamon has nothing to do with Candle Apples! It’s that nasty cinnamon that smells like those Christmas Reefs you smell during the Holidays. Apples don’t always have to be pared with Cinnamon.
I was very disappointed.

My least favorite of the holiday sampler pack.

Dry, the leaves smell sweet, a little bit like caramel. Brewed, the liquor has a weird artificial smell that I could not identify as apple. But one of my housemates correctly guessed it was apple so I could just be bad at picking out that scent. Whatever it was, that translated into the taste of the tea. No apple, just an odd sweetness.

Ok, I’ve had this cute little tin of this tea sat in the back of my office desk drawer for nearly 2 months, and I’ve finally got round to trying it.

Made it this morning with a few sachets of sugar and a splash of somebody’s milk (sorry, some other department in the building) and it’s actually really autumnal and lovely. There’s a sort of top note that reminds me slightly of a buttery flapjack, with a mouthfeel that becomes juicy as the apple flavour comes in (and it’s definitely cooked apple, but there’s a touch of sharpness, so it isn’t cloying), and the finish is lingering caramel. A warmth from the cinnamon hums over the blend without bringing masses of spice, and the hint of soft tannin is surprisingly nice. I dunno, I liked it.

Also, tomorrow I have to get up at like 5 to go to the BBC in London to interview some people who are VERY IMPORTANT and I’m utterly terrified. So that’s a thing.

Holy shit, exciting! Best of luck on the interviewing tomorrow.

And you make this tea sound like awesomesauce.

Sami Kelsh

OMG seriously I have felt like I’m going to throw up all day because I have to sit at a table with a handful of journalists and try to ask clever questions to like SOME VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE and it’s not like I’ve never interviewed anybody before but this is scary.

Also seriously, I really liked this tea.

I love this tea. It has everything going against it – I don’t like apple teas, I don’t like candy apples, and I’m straying away from Adagio.

I actually got it in the Holiday Cheer gift set to bring to the boyfriend’s parents’ house last year and it’s made its way back to me. It smells like autumn to me, kind of like oatmeal cookies and apple cider with caramel undertones. Mmm.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Oats, Toffee

Definitely tastes more like caramel apple vs. candy apple. I was surprised I like this tea as much as I do because black tea is not my favorite. It’s just sweet enough, without being too much. Has a nice caramel aftertaste.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This was such a wonderful tea: Lovely apple and caramel aromas, nice rounded flavors, a very small hint of sweetness. Equal parts apple and caramel flavors as well. Added some vanilla creamer for an even creamier flavor.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have decided that I dislike this tea. Not because of anything to do with the tea itself, but I realize that I don’t like apple teas that have a black base. They are okay, but I definitely prefer when they have a different base to them. Not sure if I’m going to finish this one or just toss what’s left… maybe I"ll try mixing it with something instead.

Used 1t of sugar. The apple flavor pairs well with the black tea, but I’m not sure if I can taste any caramel flavor.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

This tea is like 98% shitty Adagio black base and 2% caramel. Perhaps the 5 minute steep in boiling water is to blame?

Hahahahahaha. I am afraid to steep Adagio blacks longer than 2 minutes.

I was just following their steeping parameters. I won’t be doing that again.

I don’t think I’ve ever ordered from Adagio, so probably have never actually bothered to look at their parameters (and I typically brew all blacks the first time at 2 minutes, since it seems to be the minimum time at which everything is still ok). Hopefully you can make it work with a shorter infusion! I wonder if they actually brew their teas the way they say… (or maybe, they intend for everyone to add copious amounts of milk and sugar).

Usually I keep blacks to 2.5-3 min steeps but I do try to follow the suggested parameters at least once

Ha ha ha! I love your honesty here. I’m not a fan of their bases either.

I used to be super obsessive about using the given parameters… until I ruined a few teas. I then decided, screw it. Haha.

Kittenna, I thought that was how tea was supposed to taste, so I always added milk and sugar. Now I can actually drink teas plain, as long as I watch the time and temperature. :)

That’s also why I thought I hated all black teas, haha, because anything I’d ever had was way overbrewed (and well, coffee is pretty nasty plain, too!)