Aquarius (The Zodiac Series)

Black Oolong Blend
Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Cornflower Petals, Hazelnut Natural Flavouring, Oolong Tea, Vanilla Flavour
Cocoa, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Adagio Teas

Aquarius people love to make others laugh and cheer them up. It makes them feel good. Why not do that while sharing a cup of tea! A blend of Vanilla Oolong and Hazelnut and Irish Breakfast.

About Adagio Teas View company

Great blend! I really enjoy this black tea hazelnut and vanilla. The hazelnut is more noticeable than the vanilla, but I think it is a good balance!

One of my favorite blends for breakfast. Very toasty and warming.

Another Adagio black-oolong blend which I find quite nice (I have oolong issues but in combination with black teas I seem to be okay…), Aquarius tastes good with or without cream. To fully appreciate the oolong facet, it’s probably better to skip the cream. To bring out the cocoa and the hazelnut and vanilla flavors, it’s good to use the cream and enjoy this tea as a comfort beverage.

I drank a cup of Aquarius with cream upon my return from running errands in the intolerably cold weather of this seemingly interminable winter. When will this end?

The glass half full is naturally filled with hot tea!

Flavors: Cocoa, Vanilla

My sign! When I first drank this tea I wasn’t impressed. It didn’t seem to have any real flavor, it just tasted like generic tea. Then I let it sit on the shelf for a few months and then I tried it again. That’s when I realized that I drank so much coffee with hazelnut and vanilla creamer in grad school that those flavors just seemed like default morning beverage flavor. Now that I’ve given myself some time without drinking things with those flavors, I’m reminded how much I like those flavors and I can appreciate this tea a lot more. I like it a lot as a morning cup of tea, especially if you’re having something like a chocolate chip muffin or scone or other delicious breakfast pastry since I think hazelnut and vanilla go well with that kind of chocolatey dessert-for-breakfast kind of flavors.

I’m on a Zodiac quest. It started today w/ Aquarius.

*First Steep: Hot. 4.5 minutes.
I’m enjoying the flavors in this tea. (Similar to a Teavana favorite.) It is smooth, nutty, sweet without adding sugar/sweetener. I definitely like the hazelnut and vanilla oolong. It’s blended very well. A great coffee replacement… even a great dessert replacement. The flavor goes a long satisfying way.

*Second steep: Hot. 6 minutes.
My 2nd cup (tumbler-full) was much more bland. Too bad…

Adagio teas are very affordable. I’m looking forward to the next 11 days. The Aquarius blend is setting the bar pretty high.

Backlogging – This is the only new tea I had on vaca this week. It was okay. The hazelnut is the predominate flavor but overall the tea seemed a bit flat. Needs more depth of flavor to be really good. Not bad, though.

I knew there was hazelnut as soon as I opened the tin! I like this combo – I am glad the company accidentally sent me two tins!

Delicious! Very sweet and strong, though doesn’t go well with chocolate, unfortunately.

This one is interesting. Smooth dark flavor with some nutty notes. I like to save it for rainy days.

One of my favorite signiture blends from Adagio.