Golden Monkey

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Fujian province of China. Golden Monkey tea is hand-processed each spring with a careful plucking of only one leaf and one bud. It is among the finest Chinese black teas available today. The name comes from its unique appearance: the leaves resemble monkey claws. If you enjoy full-bodied teas with an abundance of flavor, you should give this tea a taste.

About Adagio Teas View company

Second steep was still smooth with a bit of malt.

third was a bit weak. may not do the third one again unless really in the mood.

This is a very tasty black tea. It has a bold, malty flavor without being at all bitter or overpowering. I started out drinking it plain, then added just a little bit of sugar to sweeten it slightly. Both sweetened and unsweetened, it has a very smooth flavor. Definitely one I’ll be enjoying more of.

Brewed up malty and delicious! Pleasantly sweet aroma to the leaves and a wonderful mouthfeel.

I was a little disappointed at the first cup, which seemed to be a good but unremarkable black tea, but after about five or six minutes of steeping the second cup revealed a rich, complicated set of flavours, with a particularly strong blend of malty caramel and wheat toast. Definitely benefits from extended steeping time.

I think I am in the mood for this kind of tea which makes it more delicious. This tea is bold, not bitter, full-bodied and slightly sweet. I wouldn’t say that it’s spectacular, but it’s nice for this evening. Full and mild at the same time!

When I was first getting into tea, this golden monkey was my favorite. It is naturally sweet with a beautiful golden color.

This is one of my all-time favorite teas.

very surprised with this tea; it was excellent. Very flavorful with a lost lasting after taste and a medium body; very enjoyable!

Welcome back, Golden Monkey! You’re still a little more bitter than I’d prefer, but that’s probably due to your high caffeine content, so I’ll let it go. This time.

You’re also a little more flavorful than I remember, which is a good thing. You’ve got a well rounded flavor that’s enhanced by a pleasant aroma, which makes me wonder if I didn’t steep you properly the last time we met?

Either way, I’m happy to get to know you again, and look forward to our next encounter.