Artichoke Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sarah M

From Adagio Teas

Have we gone too far? Perhaps, but considering the culinary appeal of savory and sweet artichoke we thought it married particularly well with a nice green base tea. Complex and completely different, this tea will please a sophisticated palate looking for something unusual.

About Adagio Teas View company

I made a huge pot of this tea to sip while I do my NaNoWriMo writing. Most of my writing energies has been put towards this as I started late, thus needed to catch up on my word count.
Finally, I hit par today, 20,000 words and plenty of time today to get ahead. Phew!

Artichoke green – I enjoy how sweet this tea is, in a vegetal way. I don’t mind this tea sitting in a tea pot or travel mug for hours, it seems to keep decently. Gah, I have so much of it! I should really trade out some.

Well, I just dumped my first cup without giving it a full cup to judge.

I love artichokes. I like green tea. But for me? This tea is utter and total fail. FAIL!!!* The smell of the dry leaf was very artifical and the brew smelled and tasted like someone dumped old perfume in it. I tried to not dump it, I really did. Nope. I sat here and stared at it for a full 15 minutes, wanting to not dump it, but NOT wanting to drink.

Dumped.

*(originally read “FAIL!! FAILITY-FAIL-FAIL with a side of FAILsauce and pureed fail with fail butter.” But I decided that I should probably cut back on the hyperbole.)

Cofftea

Just curious as to your steeping parameters for this. I’ve had great success w/ 4.5tsp in 6oz of 160 degree water for 1.5 min- infact it’s one of my top 3 flavored greens from Adagio. But then again I think I’m backward when it comes to tea. I rave about teas a lot of people don’t like and just don’t get a lot of teas that have great reviews.

wombatgirl

I followed the directions on the tin – 1 tsp, 8oz, 180 degrees 3 minutes. (Or as close I can get at work with just a electric kettle)

Cofftea

Yeah I definitely found that suggestion to give me a more fruity, almost mangoish, cuppa.

LENA

HAHA! And you asked for this one! Gross, huh?

fcmonroe

I like your orginal review best!

teaplz

FAILWHALE! I’m sort of curious about this, because artichoke is my absolute FAVORITE vegetable, but… yeah, no.

Angrboda

Fail-whale. Is that related to the Drama-llama?
I have to agree, I liked the unabridged version of the amount of fail best too. :)

Backlogging. I went to Ikea yesterday with my parents and picked up several pieces of furniture! woo! As I was putting them together, I had some of this artichoke green. :) yum!

Cofftea

Love this. Possibly my favorite non dessert flavored green they have.

Thanks to AwkwardSoul! I am thoroughly enjoying this cup of tea! I used a fair amount of leaves (2 tsp to 8 ounces of water) and put it in my steeper. They expanded quite a bit. I only let the kettle get to the point of steam coming out, but I didn’t use a thermometre. It steeped 4 minutes. This tea is sweet and almost pepperminty. With grassy goodness! I may order some!

The Final Sipdown: Day 6.3

Another tea from Auggy that I received way back. As a person not enamored with artichokes, I was not super enthusiastic about trying this tea, but I decided to stop whinging about it and JUST. DO. IT.

The tea smells exactly like White Cucumber. Well, maybe not exactly, but exactly what I remember White Cucumber smelling like. Luckily, I had already developed a steely resolve towards finishing this sample and could not be deterred from dumping it in the Breville and sending it off.

The liquid smells of fruit.

It tastes of…I’m not sure. Fruit? Faintly. Blandness [because sure, you can taste blandness]? Faintly. Water? Yes. Bitterness? Yes, at the back of my tongue. White cucumber scent? Unfortunately, yes, in the finish. Artichoke?

Again, I’m not really sure. I think I get it a bit at the finish and in the aftertaste, but the taste of artichoke is rather distinct and I feel like it would be more obvious.

I think I put too much water in when I made this tea because it’s rather weak. Likely this was a subconscious effort to reduce the flavor of a tea I reckoned I wouldn’t like. Either that, or it simply hasn’t held up as well as the other samples I have tried thus far [though the smell would certainly protest loudly]. Regardless, the flavors I found were not fantastic.

As it cools, it is not faring any better, and so I will bid this tea adieu without regrets.

Teas Downed: 15

From the HHTTB

I sipped this while teaching, & it wasn’t anything memorable to me.
Not bad, just not memorable.

its too fruity for an artichoke. i was a bit disappointed with this one because i am an artichoke fiend! i only get fruity from this. maybe if i steep it longer i can get more of an artichoke flavor out of it… it smells faintly like marinate artichokes thought so ill give it that. i sure hope the toasted sesame lives up to its name

i will be trying this one again to see if i can try to get that veggie artichoke flavor

Cofftea

I’ve found steeping 4.5tsp in 6oz water heated to 160 for 1.5min provides a much more savory cuppa. Hope that helps!

This is the last of my sample. I really enjoyed this one. Will likely order again next time I’m buying from Adagio.

My humans really had a good time reviewing this tea. See how it all went: http://bit.ly/5vOYAC

Cofftea

This is one of my favorites.

What in interesting tea. I smelled the leaves and was turned off by the strong artichoke scent, even though I like artichokes. After steeping, the artichoke scent was much less pronounced, but I couldn’t really smell the green tea. After cooling down a bit, the tea mellowed out, but I’m still not tasting much green here. Too much artichoke.

Not a bad tea, but to me the artichoke was a bit overwhelming.

Cofftea

I know what you’re talking about. My favorite is their white cucumber (which they make sound like it’s a new release, but it’s not), and the smell of the raw leaf is pretty horrible lol. If you want to rehome your artichoke, I’ll take it:)