Artichoke Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sarah M

From Adagio Teas

Have we gone too far? Perhaps, but considering the culinary appeal of savory and sweet artichoke we thought it married particularly well with a nice green base tea. Complex and completely different, this tea will please a sophisticated palate looking for something unusual.

About Adagio Teas View company

well, first steeping, following directions exactly was non-interesting. i may have been biased by the fact that the dry tea smells awful, super fake flavoring like. second steeping, i forgot about it, and it sat for about 10 minutes, and y’know what? it’s a little better. added a little honey, and it is even better! however, that doesn’t mean it is a hit or anything. i think i was expecting something more like vietnamese artichoke tea, made with actual artichoke plant parts (not “natural artichoke flavor”), which isn’t caffeine-y, so doesn’t actually have tea in it (i think). if they’d added actual artichoke bits to green tea, might have been better, possibly.

juliebeth

drank this again a couple of days ago, as have plenty of it, and you know what? was a lot better. i don’t think i did much different, but perhaps i was just feeling more tolerant then. still not my absolute favorite, but was better than NON interesting. it was A LITTLE BIT interesting this time. :)

I would love it if someone could explain how the dry tea smells like a cherry and a grape had a baby in a field of newly mown grass.

And the wet leaves smell like more of the above, plus cranberry.

And the actual tea tastes like sweet grass. I was really expecting more of a veggie broth kind of taste.

I’m fascinated and mildly dismayed at the same time. Sometimes I buy berry flavored teas, and there’s nary a berry to be found. I get a green tea with asparagus, and suddenly I’m in fruit city.

It tasted… okay. The artichoke flavor is barely there. The green tea it’s paired with is good, though.

This is an odd one, and I am not sure it is really for me. It is a bit salty, which makes sense, and has a bit of a sweet aftertaste. I love artichoke…but perhaps not in tea.

Not what I expected an artichoke tea to taste like! It’s more like peach with a bit of floral flavor. Even more surprising, I’m enjoying it despite not being a big fan of sweet or fruity teas. Somehow artichokes’ sweetness doesn’t annoy me like other sweetening ingredients.

Giving serious consideration to restocking when my sample is gone. This could be handy for those times when I have a wild impulse to drink fruity tea, and am considering purchases that, in my heart, I know will disappoint me like all the rest.

It’s fantastic and has a strong veggie taste.
It overpowers the Green tea taste but does it justice.
Highly recommend

I made three infusions of this. The first one was just so-so. It had more of a bitter note than I was expecting. I liked the second brewing better – it was a little less bitter and had more of the umami of the 100% artichoke tea I’ve had before. The third infusion had very litter flavour – the second was by far the best and the most interesting.

Mouthwatering grassy-sweet flavor. Warm, melting aftertaste. Absolutely delicious, very unique flavor.