Cranberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with sweet, tangy cranberries. Clean, bright flavor with a juicy sweetness. This delicious autumn delight is a great complement to your next turkey feast, which your guests are sure to gobble down.

Ingredients: black tea, raspberry leaves, natural cranberry flavor, cranberries

About Adagio Teas View company

I love this one. Too bad it’s only available for the holidays.

2009-11-24 4:30 pm
Preparation notes: Teavana’s Easy Tea Steeper with a dash of splenda

I figured out one reason that I dislike using the tea steeper – it’s much larger than my mug and when draining I can’t see how full my mug is to know if I need to pull the steeper off.

For this mug of tea I could have added more water (and probably should have, it’s pretty strong), but it’s guesswork. Perhaps I’ll just bring in a larger mug from home.

The leaves smell like cranberry, but the tea doesn’t. There’s a hint of fruit, but it’s not really identifable as cranberry to me. Maybe I just made the tea too strong so the tea flavor is overwhelming the cranberry flavor?

Not impressed. Teavana’s cranberry actually tastes like cranberry.

From the queue, written March 23rd 2014

Another from the EU TTB, round 2. A handy satchet with a fairly uncomplicated flavouring. That sounds like just the thing for me right now. I’m not sure if I’ve had Adagio’s cranberry flavoured black before, but I quite like cranberry. I just don’t seem to have it very often, with the exception of the Late Summer Blend from AC Perchs, which is vanilla and cranberry and which I am highly partial to.

It smells lovely. All berry-y and RED and juicy and sweet and fruity. I can detect the black base underneath, but not anything in particular about it. That’s okay. So long as I can tell that there is a tea there, I’m okay with it. Flavouring should never be stronger than one can still tell that one is drinking tea and not hot juice. I’m also reminded of the raspberry oolong that AC Perchs have which I loved dearly for years but haven’t had in a long time now. I just sort of reached the point where I didn’t find it any less nommy at all, I just felt… finished with it. For a while at least. I rather think I’ll be reacquainting myself with it again some time.

Anyway, this one is neither raspberry nor oolong, and it’s not from ACP either. But it smells lovely.

I tastes nice too. Cranberry is a slightly astringent flavour and I’m getting that here as well. Just a little bit, but not in the same way that a tea which has been brewed carelessly becomes astringent from unhappiness. It’s cranberry astringency. It’s rather difficult to explain. Just accept my word for it. It’s astringent, but it’s berry-astringent which is not the same thing as tea-astringent. Same sort of mouth-reaction, but feels different.

The flavouring is fairly strong and it feels quite juicy to swallow. Again, as in the aroma, the base is coming through as a sort of ‘default tea’ flavour to it all, so that I know what I’m drinking, but there’s nothing spectacular about it. I’ve seen plenty of people on Steepster write that Adagio’s flavoured teas didn’t really work for them, because they didn’t like the base. I don’t mind the base in these. It’s too anonymous for me to have an opinion either way.

This is not a tea that one sits down and deciphers. It’s something one drinks while logging on to Steam one late afternoon and debates with oneself whether to play Terraria or give that Aquaria game a second try.

Which is what I shall now do. (Any Steepsterites on Steam, do feel free to look me up if you like. Name to search for is Angrboda and I have the same icon as here, so you can’t miss me.)

Another tea from the european travelling box, a teabag this time (and whoa, only one more tea to sample from it I think!).

Not much to say about this – ceylon with cranberry, and not particularly strong tea base. Quite drinkable.

Enjoyed it. not a lot of cranberry

The black tea base works nicely with the cranberry flavor. Its not too overpowering of a cranberry taste.

I thought this would be a delightful tea for fall and the holidays. It is. I’m not a HUGE fan of cranberry; if you are, this will probably be even better to you. The flavoring is rather mild, which was good for me. It’s a lovely color and a nice scent. I think it may be good mixed with some spirits as it reminds me of a cosmo. :)

Like Adagio’s candy cane tea, the delicious scents of cranberry fills the room once you open the canister and once you start steeping.

The taste is very fruity and sweet, with a slight tartness.

The black tea and fruit have blended well to give a very soft brew with a deep red tint.

I am very surprised with this tea, as I did not expect to like it as much as I have.

The first time I had this I thought it was ah… so, so. Which was a disappointment because cranberries are one of my favorite things, ever. But every additional time I’ve made this tea, I’ve liked it better. I suspect the tin will be gone by next Christmas, so I hope they keep up the tradition and make it again so I can restock. The aroma is fantastic – I get cranberries, warmth and just a hint of honey. The taste is a bit weak for me, I generally prefer a strong, black tea, but I like it enough to crave it in the evenings.

This is one of the flavoured teas Adagio puts out that actually tastes like what it claims to be. Good with a lot of sugar, not necessarily milk. I got it as a part of a holiday sampler and it’s one I intend to keep buying on its own.