Candy Cane

Dark Bittersweet, Peppermint, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with minty candy canes. This wonderfully smooth treat that will fill you with warm Christmas spirit and leave you jolly. Santa knows if you’ve been naughty or nice, so you’d better buy some for a friend, too! Give our Candy Cane Tea a try before Yuletide’s end.

About Adagio Teas View company

Despite it not being christmas anymore.. I had some for breakfast. c: It’s soo minty. Not too sweet on it’s own, but I may have oversteeped.

This wasn’t as pepperminty as I had hoped.

This is so yummy! The mint is strong—I steep it for no more than two minutes and find the balance between tea and cool sweet mintiness to be just about perfect. :)

I have the potential to be a big fan of flavoured black teas. Sometimes they’re a real let down, but there are a few gems like this one that are actually pretty good.

You open the tin to a strong scent of candy cane, almost as if you’d just unwrapped the real thing. Dry, you can clearly see peppermint leaves, pieces of candy cane (both large and tiny fragments), and a generous amount of black tea base. All good so far, and I’m reassured that the smell isn’t just artificial flavouring.

To taste, this tea is probably one of the most unusual I’ve tried so far. I can only describe it as vanilla-mint. The vanilla contributes a creamy sweetness, which is tempered by the slight coolness contributed by the mint. It’s almost like you made a cup of black tea, and then swirled a candy cane in it, but there’s a little more depth to the flavour than that. The scent isn’t quite as prominent as when dry, but it’s still noticable and identifiable. I drank this with a dash of milk, because that’s just my way, but I have a feeling it would be just as palatable, maybe more so, without. Maybe next time.

My only complaint would be that I’m not sure the black tea base is the best suited to this flavour. It’s ever so slightly bitter, and doesn’t quite sit as well as I hoped it would. Perhaps I’m looking for something slightly sweeter and less overpowering, to let the candy cane flavour sing, but that’s just my personal taste.

Ultimately, this is a pretty good flavoured black, and one I’ll definetly be drinking more of come the winter proper.

I’m not really getting any mint except as an aftertaste. I won’t buy this ever.

Around Christmas, my humans reviewed this tea. Bits of candy cane bring a rather interesting touch. Get all the details here: http://bit.ly/4uun4k

Uncomplicated, black tea flavor with heavy peppermint taste. If you like those tastes, you will like this.

Flavors: Dark Bittersweet, Peppermint, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another one of my new teas!!

Honestly… I was expecting more from this one. I thought it was going to be creamier or something… I added milk and sugar, but I didn’t get the awesomeness I was hoping for. I’m a bit disappointed… I’m going to have to try this one again and hope for it to be even better.

fine… would have liked a little more candy cane

This is definitely my favorite of their holiday tea collection. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and I like the level of minty-ness. If they bring this back next year, I’m ordering a full-size tin.

No milk or sugar required.