Candy Cane

Caramel, Cream, Mint, Sugar, Vanilla, Peppermint, Dark Bittersweet, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with minty candy canes. This wonderfully smooth treat that will fill you with warm Christmas spirit and leave you jolly. Santa knows if you’ve been naughty or nice, so you’d better buy some for a friend, too! Give our Candy Cane Tea a try before Yuletide’s end.

About Adagio Teas View company

Despite it not being christmas anymore.. I had some for breakfast. c: It’s soo minty. Not too sweet on it’s own, but I may have oversteeped.

This wasn’t as pepperminty as I had hoped.

This is so yummy! The mint is strong—I steep it for no more than two minutes and find the balance between tea and cool sweet mintiness to be just about perfect. :)

I have the potential to be a big fan of flavoured black teas. Sometimes they’re a real let down, but there are a few gems like this one that are actually pretty good.

You open the tin to a strong scent of candy cane, almost as if you’d just unwrapped the real thing. Dry, you can clearly see peppermint leaves, pieces of candy cane (both large and tiny fragments), and a generous amount of black tea base. All good so far, and I’m reassured that the smell isn’t just artificial flavouring.

To taste, this tea is probably one of the most unusual I’ve tried so far. I can only describe it as vanilla-mint. The vanilla contributes a creamy sweetness, which is tempered by the slight coolness contributed by the mint. It’s almost like you made a cup of black tea, and then swirled a candy cane in it, but there’s a little more depth to the flavour than that. The scent isn’t quite as prominent as when dry, but it’s still noticable and identifiable. I drank this with a dash of milk, because that’s just my way, but I have a feeling it would be just as palatable, maybe more so, without. Maybe next time.

My only complaint would be that I’m not sure the black tea base is the best suited to this flavour. It’s ever so slightly bitter, and doesn’t quite sit as well as I hoped it would. Perhaps I’m looking for something slightly sweeter and less overpowering, to let the candy cane flavour sing, but that’s just my personal taste.

Ultimately, this is a pretty good flavoured black, and one I’ll definetly be drinking more of come the winter proper.

I’m not really getting any mint except as an aftertaste. I won’t buy this ever.

Around Christmas, my humans reviewed this tea. Bits of candy cane bring a rather interesting touch. Get all the details here: http://bit.ly/4uun4k

It’s been 9 month since I was last on Steepster’ve had a rough couple of months, where I didn’t really have anywhere to live, and then where I had to start teaching, which has sucked my soul into oblivion.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking about getting involved with Steepster again, but then I was humiliated that it had been so long. I have reached the (excuse my language) fuck it moment and decided I’d post. I’ll probably have a few tealogs in rapid succession.

Anyway, I love this tea. I wish it wasn’t seasonal. I wanted something like David’s Tea’s Santa’s Secret (I’m really into David’s Tea right now, for what it’s worth). But this tea from Adagio was cheaper and I had a lot of rewards points.

This tea is as good, in my opinion. I know other people disagree, but I just think it works as well. The two teas are different. Santa’s Secret is a lot softer and rounded, while this Adagio blend is sharply peppermint-y. That might be the black tea base on this one, as Adagio’s black tea bases can be very acidic.

But I like the sharpness of this tea. It is like instead of sucking on a peppermint, one bites into one and chews it— that level of aggressive candy cane taste. And it tastes like a peppermint candy, for sure. It’s round and sweet that pairs with the mint. The taste of cured sugar is definitely here.

And I really like this tea. I really, really like it. Adagio’s flavored teas are soooooo hit or miss, but this is a huge hit for me. I bought 6 oz, which will certainly hold me through the winter.

And it’s cheaper than Santa’s Secret! Which is also really good, by the way. I don’t think anyone would need both, so this is kind of a cheaper and slightly more pungent option.

Sooooo, Adagio, can we get candy cane pieces in the blend options now? Please? I know this won’t be a permanent tea, but…

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Mint, Sugar, Vanilla

Miss Starfish

Welcome back!

Wasn’t sure what I was looking for today, and it’s 3pm and I’m having my first cup of tea for the day.

This is a very generically minty black tea. The base isn’t particularly strong but I treated it gently and it’s not bitter either. Peppermint in this one, not spearmint. It’s good but nothing special.

Flavors: Peppermint

Cheri

Not bitter is a good thing. Some of those blacks from Adagio get bitter easily.

Uncomplicated, black tea flavor with heavy peppermint taste. If you like those tastes, you will like this.

Flavors: Dark Bittersweet, Peppermint, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Last time I had this tea, I was disappointed ‘cause it wasn’t as creamy as I expected it to be, but this time around, I’m loving it. Maybe it’s ‘cause I haven’t had Santa’s Secret in so long that this one is just jumping out at me and making me just love candy canes and peppermint all that much more.

It’s very refreshing. The minty-ness is leaving me feeling refreshed and it’s just such a wonderful Christmas tea. I’m glad this one is pretty basic so I can enjoy it while pregnant.
I think this one would be great with cream. I know, I know, Cream?! But yes, I think it would even try it with cream ’cause it would make it a nice creamy goodness.

Either way, I’m going to be enjoying this tea a lot over the next few months. Another tea that I’m going to try and drink up fast. :)