Candy Cane

Candy, Creamy, Peppermint, Sweet, Astringent, Mint, Vanilla, Caramel, Cream, Sugar, Dark Bittersweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with minty candy canes. This wonderfully smooth treat that will fill you with warm Christmas spirit and leave you jolly. Santa knows if you’ve been naughty or nice, so you’d better buy some for a friend, too! Give our Candy Cane Tea a try before Yuletide’s end.

About Adagio Teas View company

Received this as a gift from my boyfriend for Christmas. Hadn’t had it in a while or any flavored blacks from Adagio and forgot that if you drink this after it starts to really cool down, the bitterness really sets in. When its hot and fresh, wow, pretty smooth and minty with no real after taste. A very creamy cup of mint. Once it cools a bit, the bitterness really overshadows the rest of the tea and makes it not as good. But overall, if drank like a latte with some milk, I bet this would be pretty great.

It’s been 9 month since I was last on Steepster’ve had a rough couple of months, where I didn’t really have anywhere to live, and then where I had to start teaching, which has sucked my soul into oblivion.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking about getting involved with Steepster again, but then I was humiliated that it had been so long. I have reached the (excuse my language) fuck it moment and decided I’d post. I’ll probably have a few tealogs in rapid succession.

Anyway, I love this tea. I wish it wasn’t seasonal. I wanted something like David’s Tea’s Santa’s Secret (I’m really into David’s Tea right now, for what it’s worth). But this tea from Adagio was cheaper and I had a lot of rewards points.

This tea is as good, in my opinion. I know other people disagree, but I just think it works as well. The two teas are different. Santa’s Secret is a lot softer and rounded, while this Adagio blend is sharply peppermint-y. That might be the black tea base on this one, as Adagio’s black tea bases can be very acidic.

But I like the sharpness of this tea. It is like instead of sucking on a peppermint, one bites into one and chews it— that level of aggressive candy cane taste. And it tastes like a peppermint candy, for sure. It’s round and sweet that pairs with the mint. The taste of cured sugar is definitely here.

And I really like this tea. I really, really like it. Adagio’s flavored teas are soooooo hit or miss, but this is a huge hit for me. I bought 6 oz, which will certainly hold me through the winter.

And it’s cheaper than Santa’s Secret! Which is also really good, by the way. I don’t think anyone would need both, so this is kind of a cheaper and slightly more pungent option.

Sooooo, Adagio, can we get candy cane pieces in the blend options now? Please? I know this won’t be a permanent tea, but…

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Mint, Sugar, Vanilla

Miss Starfish

Welcome back!

Wasn’t sure what I was looking for today, and it’s 3pm and I’m having my first cup of tea for the day.

This is a very generically minty black tea. The base isn’t particularly strong but I treated it gently and it’s not bitter either. Peppermint in this one, not spearmint. It’s good but nothing special.

Flavors: Peppermint

Cheri

Not bitter is a good thing. Some of those blacks from Adagio get bitter easily.

Uncomplicated, black tea flavor with heavy peppermint taste. If you like those tastes, you will like this.

Flavors: Dark Bittersweet, Peppermint, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have decided I’m so over black teas with peppermint. I’m not living this one even though it’s a good tea. I’m just so done. I was so addicted to them at one time but I think I over did it.
Anyway I’m saying goodbye to this one. Think I’ll see if my aunt wants the rest of this one? I dunno

fine… would have liked a little more candy cane

This is definitely my favorite of their holiday tea collection. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and I like the level of minty-ness. If they bring this back next year, I’m ordering a full-size tin.

No milk or sugar required.

As sweet and minty as its label suggests, it’s one of Adagio’s best Christmas blends.

I’m happy with this tea though I think it needs to steep longer than 3 minutes. I added sugar and it seems a bit too sweet. I bet thus would make an amazing tea latte!

My second cup of candy cane tea, this time at work.

This tea is still very minty and still smooth, and with the right amount of sugar can be nicely sweet as well.