Pisces (The Zodiac Series)

Black Fruit Herbal Rooibos White Blend
Black Tea, Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Lemongrass, Natural Grapefruit Flavor, Natural Orange Flavor, Rooibos, White Tea
Grapefruit, Lemon, Rooibos, Medicinal
Edit tea info Last updated by Liz K

• deep breath So this is my first rooibos tea, ever. No, really. I’ve been a little put off by the descriptions of red tea, ranging from sour wood to pencil shavings to sweet...” Read full tasting note
    ragashanti 92 tasting notes
  • “When I was little and would get really sick with anything that left me pale and without an appetite, Jello and ramen noodles were staples in our house. Occasionally, these illnesses would arrive...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “I picked this up in my first sampler set from Adagio Teas and saved it for last in my sampling. Right off the bat I was a little hesitant due to chamomile, which if I’m being honest I’m...” Read full tasting note
    eric_walter 47 tasting notes
  • “Okay so I’ve had this sample sitting in my cupboard for a few weeks now and to be honest I was kinda hesitant of it by the smell and me and rooibos can go either way. There’s not really...” Read full tasting note
    AngieL 111 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Pisces people love music and poetry and frequently daydream. Why not daydream and have a nice cup of tea? A blend of Rooibos, Orange and just a touch of Chamomile.

About Adagio Teas View company

Light flavored tea, possibly not enough tea in the pot. Good taste though. A nice blend of tea and herbal.

Drinking this one room temperature with a little honey. It is the perfect drink to have while helping students. It is relaxing, but still interesting. I find the black tea is nearly non-existent for me. I drink this as if it is caffeine-free and find I have no ill effects (sleeplessness, etc). This was one of my favorites, but after drinking two tins worth over a year, I’m kind of getting a little tired of it. I think I need a break. Perhaps I’ll switch to plain chamomile or chamomile with lavender and vanilla instead.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Lemon, Rooibos

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The leaves themselves are interesting. I don’t find them particularly visually pleasing (which is odd, considering purple and green are my favorite colors). Felt a bit contrived. But, as you can see here, there’s a lot going on. We’ve got rooibos and white tea with a little black tea mixed in, plus lemongrass, chamomile, and purple cornflowers. There’s one little orange peel in the middle there, and the yellow splotch in the top left hand corner is a bit of grapefruit.

The smell is interesting, but not really in a good way (in my opinion). The smell is very abstract, perhaps a bit medicinal. I saw other reviews that said it was fruity (unbearably so, even), but I barely got a sense of fruit. Perhaps it was the mix of fruit plus chamomile plus lemongrass creating something more than just the sum of its parts.

It’s quite a bit darker than I expected it to be. There might be more white tea by volume, but I forgot that rooibos is a fairly dense tea, and it definitely took over here.

The smell was again fairly abstract. A little medicinal, a hair fruity. The taste was pretty much what you’d expect from a tea that smelled that way, though the chamomile stuck out here. It was naturally fairly sweet. I wouldn’t want to add cream or sugar too it. Overall, I was fairly underwhelmed. I should have loved it – I like white tea, I like rooibos, and orange peel almost always works well in tea. But this one just combined in a weird way for me.

A copy of this review plus pictures can be found on my blog: http://lizkuba.com/tea-review-pisces-by-adagio/

Flavors: Medicinal

Drank this yesterday and tried to turn it into iced tea by putting ice in it. Not the best way but semi-tasty.

I think I should have let this steep longer, but the tinier tea leaves were leaking through the little infuser spoon I used so I got a little impatient. This would be pretty decent if stronger.

I’m finishing up my stash of this now. I oversteeped the amount of loose leaf only because I don’t think I had enough for a 2nd helping. Either way – it wasn’t bad. Still find it pleasant.