Yunnan Jig

Cannabis, Cocoa, Coffee, Earth, Forest Floor, Maple, Milk, Tannin, Wood, Chocolate, Malt, Mineral
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Yunnan region of China. Yunnan tea is easily identified by its luscious soft leaves, and a unique peppery taste. It is a very forgiving tea; will not taste bitter when over-steeped. Yunnan tea is arguably the most underrated of Chinese varieties. If you have yet to try it, we would recommend it highly. The ‘Yunnan Jig’ would make a great introduction.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

This was a soothing tea for this sick day. I won’t say much more at this point as I doubt my taste buds likely are not functioning properly.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about Yunnan Jig. It’s a decent black tea, but I’d say it has a bit of cigarette to the flavor. It grew on me as I drank it, so I’m a bit back and forth.

Very delicious liquor. Would also recommend as a daily tea. Very smooth and relaxing. Relatively easy to prepare.

This tastes wonderful. A little earthy with lots of cocoa undertones. It’s velvety and luscious. Rich, dark, and a little sweet. It’s a great black.

This reminds me of a mushroom artichoke heart marsala pasta dish I’m fond of making—rich and smooth with a big hit of umami, a slight saltiness reminiscent of a hard aged cheese, and a fruity winey sweetness in the background. I dig it!

A dark chocolate or cocoa smell, the tea has a pleasant earthy flavor to it, reminiscent of walking through a deciduous forest after a fresh rain.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Resteeped this, and I can definitely taste pepper in the finish now. I did steep for 7 minutes this time, versus 5 minutes the first time.

This is another one of the teas I got for Christmas. :D
Well, I probably wouldn’t have picked out the peppery taste on my own, but I can see what people mean when they say Yunnan has a peppery taste. It’s like the taste of pepper without the spiciness. Sorta. Ish.
I just used the time they wrote on the packaging, but I think next time I’ll maybe go just a little bit shorter. It’s pretty good, but I think the Keemun’s still my favorite.

Edit: 2nd steep was better. and i added just a little sugar.

Smooth, light, beautiful amber color. Really subtle taste, easy to sip. Low acid. Nice fragrance, smells much more interesting than it tastes, with hints of pepper and chocolate liqueur.