Yunnan Jig

Cannabis, Chocolate, Malt, Mineral
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Mmmm. I think that TeaEqualsBliss said that this was bold yet comforting, and she's exactly right. This is my first Yunnan tea. The dry leaves themselves smell a bit peppery, and they're a...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes
  • “This was the first Yunnan that I had ever tasted and immediately became one of my favourites. I owe my love of Yunnan blacks to this tea. I still have a little bit of this to finish off and it's...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1081 tasting notes
  • “This is the last of my stash. I have been thinking about making a purchase from Adagio because I have so many credits there...but have been trying to wait for some new stuff. Anyone know of any...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Halloween party tonight and what better way to make sure I'm bright and awake? I think I used a bit too much dry leaf because it has a slightly bitter aftertaste but oddly enough it almost seems...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1585 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Yunnan region of China. Yunnan tea is easily identified by its luscious soft leaves, and a unique peppery taste. It is a very forgiving tea; will not taste bitter when over-steeped. Yunnan tea is arguably the most underrated of Chinese varieties. If you have yet to try it, we would recommend it highly. The ‘Yunnan Jig’ would make a great introduction.

About Adagio Teas View company

Very delicious liquor. Would also recommend as a daily tea. Very smooth and relaxing. Relatively easy to prepare.

This tastes wonderful. A little earthy with lots of cocoa undertones. It’s velvety and luscious. Rich, dark, and a little sweet. It’s a great black.

This reminds me of a mushroom artichoke heart marsala pasta dish I’m fond of making—rich and smooth with a big hit of umami, a slight saltiness reminiscent of a hard aged cheese, and a fruity winey sweetness in the background. I dig it!

A dark chocolate or cocoa smell, the tea has a pleasant earthy flavor to it, reminiscent of walking through a deciduous forest after a fresh rain.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Resteeped this, and I can definitely taste pepper in the finish now. I did steep for 7 minutes this time, versus 5 minutes the first time.

This is another one of the teas I got for Christmas. :D
Well, I probably wouldn’t have picked out the peppery taste on my own, but I can see what people mean when they say Yunnan has a peppery taste. It’s like the taste of pepper without the spiciness. Sorta. Ish.
I just used the time they wrote on the packaging, but I think next time I’ll maybe go just a little bit shorter. It’s pretty good, but I think the Keemun’s still my favorite.

Edit: 2nd steep was better. and i added just a little sugar.

Smooth, light, beautiful amber color. Really subtle taste, easy to sip. Low acid. Nice fragrance, smells much more interesting than it tastes, with hints of pepper and chocolate liqueur.

Dark honey color.
Smooth
Didn’t get any pepper taste.
After taste slightly reminds me of caramel.
Leaves the mouth feeling a bit dry

Earthy. Sometimes peppery, sometimes chocolatey, always delicious.