Yunnan Jig

Cannabis, Chocolate, Malt, Mineral
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Yunnan region of China. Yunnan tea is easily identified by its luscious soft leaves, and a unique peppery taste. It is a very forgiving tea; will not taste bitter when over-steeped. Yunnan tea is arguably the most underrated of Chinese varieties. If you have yet to try it, we would recommend it highly. The ‘Yunnan Jig’ would make a great introduction.

About Adagio Teas View company

My second attempt at new black teas was Yunnan Jig. After the pleasant surprise of enjoying last week’s English Breakfast so much, maybe my expectations were just too high. Yunnan Jig had a little bit sweeter smell than some black teas, but other than that nothing really jumped out at me. It wasn’t too bitter, although it did have the slight hint that accompanies some black teas. There just didn’t seem to be anything going for it. I was also disappointed that there was no sweetness that I was expecting given its aroma. While I didn’t mind drinking it, it wasn’t something that I was really enjoying either. Definitely a mellow black tea, I found it a little lacking.

See all my reviews at http://teageek.org

I’ve been drinking this every morning for about 2 weeks. Great flavor, natural sweetness on the back and sides of your tongue.

Not too sure about the cigarette comments. I don’t get that, but maybe a little tobacco from a cigar? Very lightly? Overall, very good tea.

Steeped this one for a minute or two less than yesterday, and the smokey flavor didn’t come through as strongly. Gave it a much smoother taste, though I think I liked the smokey flavor a little more.

Received this as part of a starter set from Adagio Teas.

The first time a tried it straight and did not like it at all, however, after adding milk and sugar it was much more palatable and enjoyable for me

Seems boring and unexceptional today. Hmph.

2nd steep after last night, still good

Indeed. This + 7 minute steep + a teaspoon of agave nectar = just about perfect.