Yunnan Gold

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Yunnan region of China. Yunnan tea is easily identified by its luscious soft leaves, and a unique peppery taste. The ‘Yunnan Gold’ as the name implies is an exceptional quality tea with beautiful gold-colored leaves and an abundance of rich peppery flavor. Allowed to take only one tea to a desert island, ‘Yunnan Gold’ would be the clear choice.

About Adagio Teas View company

Not bad. Meaty. Vaguely reminds me of soy sauce. Sweet finish.

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I was expecting more flavor. This tea is just kind of ….there. Drinkable but not memorable. Will drink down but not repurchase.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I really wish I tasted some of that pepper from the description.

This was brewed using boiling water for 6 min. The tea smells great before and after steeping, but it has a sharp taste that I don’t appreciate.

I try to drink tea without sugar or milk, but it may be needed here. Toward the end of the cup, I started eating a red bean cake, and the sweetness of the cake gave the tea a nicer effect.

Next time, I will add a little rock sugar and see how that goes.

Tasty isnt bad but the caffiene is what makes this one a staple.

A very refreshing tea. It has an interesting flavor that I don’t come across too often.

It’s… dare I say it… very very weak. I used 2 heaped teaspoons in a 350ml cup, and it honestly tastes of water.

Anyone have any idea why? I have a 45g bag, which ran me 11 euro, and I don’t want to put it to waste.

Clean, buttery, smooth and silky come to mind with earth tones toward the end. Great black tea from the Adaigo sample set.

blah and one dimensional; definately no “pepper notes”. I can find nothing in my cup to justify it being among the highest priced of the adagios

Smooth (no bitter notes) and mild black tea. With a slightly sweet taste.

Love the peppery bite of this black tea. A favorite morning tea in my house. Again I drink this one black.